shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,

Take those laughs wherever you can get ''em. (Meaning that giggle afterwards at the strange situation at the funeral home) Me, DH, and two of my mom''s siblings went to the funeral home to get stuff going, (my mom had already paid for a cremation so it was pretty simple), well the gal we were talking with had to take a phone call and so we''re all sitting there, exhausted, uncomfortable, sad....and I don''t even remember what got it going, but somehow we all ended up laughing like absolute LOONS at something stupid, I really don''t recall. But OMG...we NEEDED that laugh. I''m sure the family in the next room may have thought we were sick or something, but it was just one of those things that happens at what seems the most inappropriate time.
2.gif
Stress overflow I guess...but one of those things that only works with close family.

Having all that family around should help bunches. I know it did for me....

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, Freke...know that we are all thinking of you and your family during this difficult time...

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Freke
I just now read this. I''m so terribly sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
7.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry for your loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Knowing that everyone is thinking about us is incredibly comforting. I''m not doing that great, getting through the days ok, and sleeping at night due to Tylenol PM, but being so close to Christmas is so hard. I had bought presents for my mom and now I have no idea what to do with them. And I had spent all of the money on my mom, and now I have no idea to what to get for my dad. He''s one of those men that has everything, and anything he doesn''t have, he buys himself.

My dad and I put together the service the other day and arranged for the food. We estimated food for 400 people. She was the youngest of ten, and all of her surviving siblings and in-laws are coming. Along with nephews, nieces, friends...

My computer keeps crashing (twice now) so I''m just going to post this.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Liz, I know how hard it is for you sweetheart, especially with Christmas coming. I so wish I could just give you a great big hug honey.

The rings you bought for your mom are so beautiful. Have you thought of keeping them for yourself? When you wear them, you will have the special memory of your precious mother.

I think of you everyday sweet Liz and your father too.

Love you.
Linda
xoxoxoxoxox

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Freke, so sorry.
8.gif
Look, you just being there for your Dad is all that he needs right now.
2.gif

I know this time is so hard for you. With Christmas ahead and all. Be good to yourself. We are all praying for you, and for your family. Lots of HUGS are being sent your way....
12.gif
You will have a full range of emotions in the days ahead. Feel them and know we are here of you need us.

I sought out a greif counselor once my Nanny died. I got the name through Hospice. Just know it''s there if you need it down the road. It helped me deal with my loss.

xo,
Lisa

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That reminds me Linda (I hope my comp doesn't crash) but I got all of her jewelry...That includes a 2-3 carat pink tourmaline (wearing it right now), about a pound (not joking) of silver and turquoise jewelry including a conch belt (whatever that is), an opal ring with onyx, and some other random gold stuff. And a lot of costume jewelry.

My dad is holding ransom her diamond ring (27th anniversary) and her wedding band. She never had an ering, so he made up for it with the diamond. Dale seems to think that my dad is holding onto them until I get married.

I won't post pics of anything until I get it all. So it might be a while...

Oh, and the diamond is a 1.5+ct princess. He and I bought it way before PS, but I don't think we did that badly. I'll try to talk the cert off of him sometime.

And the opal ring came with a appraisal from I think it was 1978. Tee hee hee. I think it was valued at $150 then...

ETA: Thank you Lisa, I'll have to look into it. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting through the next week. I don't even want to think about finals....

Oh, also, the Vegas trip is still on. I would never consider not going now because it was her Christmas present to FF and I, and it was the subject of both his and my last conversations with her....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Freke~ About the Christmas present for your dad, what about either a donation or volunteering for your Mom''s favorite charity or cause. At this time, I bet that would make your dad as happy as he can manage to be. Maybe you could start a tradition of the two of you doing something like that together.

Again, sorry for your loss. I''m glad to hear you''re doing fairly well.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz honey, the jewelry you bought for her sounds gorgeous, especially the tourmaline ring. I bet you are right, about the diamond ring. Everything you bought for your mom (and the ones you posted pictures of) are gorgeous) I adore 3 stone opal ring. That is a beauty. I know everything, you will treasure.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz, ah, honey, I am sorry. Can they let you finish finals next year? Just a thought. Sending you a hug and if you need anything let me know. Big hugs ((()))

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Just stopping by to let you know I''m still thinking of you Freke.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh Freke, I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss.

I feel for you and your family.

I hope that you gain even an iota of strength from this wonderful community that is PS and from all these lovely people who obviously care very very deeply for you.

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Freke
7.gif
It is hard at anytime to lose your mum but near Christmas I think makes it just that little bit harder when everyone is really happy and you just feel like you want to crawl into a hole. I second Kaleigh''s recommendation in talking to a councilor, talking about it is good.

Do you think since your dad has everything he wants that maybe he might appreciate a scrapbook with family photos of all the happy times shared together? That is of course if you would feel up to something like that.

Sending you hugs should you need anything just give me a holler

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
We are here for you if you need to talk,vent or share ...you have support here on the forum...so very sorry for your loss!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My sincere and heartfelt condolences. My thoughts are with your whole family at this terrible time

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts are with you. I''m so sorry to hear about your loss.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss Freke. We are all thinking of you and sending our love

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I am so, so, sorry. Wishing you the best.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
((HUGS))

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Freke I am so sorry for your loss. May the angels bless you and your family in these difficult times.
17.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Freke I thought about you a lot last night.

I was baking gingerbread cookies (of course the baking made me think of you). I used to make the pieces for a gingerbread house with my mother in this huge cast iron mold during the holidays when I was little. We would invite all of my friends over and decorate the houses with candy and frosting. I don''t even know what I would do in your position and my heart is breaking for you.

I wish you and your family strength in getting through this extremely tough time.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I''m sending good thoughts your way. It''s such a tough time of year to deal with loss, you''re totally right.

A couple of practical thoughts: can you turn the gifts for your mother over to your FI? He''ll be better able to sort out what you''ll want to keep, what he should give away, and what he should donate. Alternately, put them all in a box and deal with them in July. Really, there''s no hurry.

As for your father, can you give him a gift certificate for something the two of you can do in January? Not necessarily something that costs money, but maybe a movie night + home cooked dinner, or watching the Super Bowl together? It would be inexpensive, and it would give you both something to look forward to after Christmas that will maybe solidify family ties and make you both feel better? Just a thought.

{{{hugs}}}

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, espicially during the Holiday season. Thoughts and prayers outgoing!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke,

Stay strong, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry about your mom, Freke. Thoughts and hugs...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. I have been away for a week and didn''t know but my prayers to you and your family this holiday season for God''s blessings on you at this time.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Freke, I am so sorry about your loss. Take comfort in spending time with those you love and those that loved your mother during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Freke-I am so sorry for your loss.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,
Thinking of you tonight. Sending your prayers for strength and a big hug.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results