shape
carat
color
clarity

Devastated....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey freke, just wanted you to know I''m thinking about you. Hang in there sweetie.
emrose.gif

And thanks for sharing your mom''s beautiful ring.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I am so, so sorry for your loss. There really are no words. You and your family are in my thoughts.
emrose.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I hope you''re managing okay Freke, death of a loved one (specially Mum) is a really heavy experience. I hope you can find peace and eventually contentment in the life you shared with her.
all the very best,
L.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Freke, I am just so so sorry!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Freke...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz sweetheart,

I am thinking of you and your family. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxoxo

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you today. *hugs*

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hey sweetie, just wanted to let you know J and I are keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t even begin to tell you guys how tired I am. Between getting up at 8 after going to sleep at 2, and then crying harder than I ever have in my life...it''s been a very long day, and it''s not over yet. Dinner with my dad''s side of the family tonight.

Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your thoughts. Between you guys, my fantastic friends, and FF who is making sure I''m going where I need to, and doing what I need to get done, I''m incredibly grateful to have such amazing people surrounding me.

You guys are awesome.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild - just wanted you to know that you too have been in my thoughts and prayers during your hard time - trust time will heal somewhat and that you know so many here love you and care about you!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz honey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. I know how hard it is sweetheart. All you can do is just take one day at a time. We are always here for you.

Big hugs to you.
Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxoxox

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Freke, of course you are exhausted - who wouldn''t be? But it sounds like you are right - you have an amazing group of friends and supporters around you who are looking out for you and will make sure that you get the support you need during this difficult time.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Freke I am still thinking of you, hun.
15.gif
Stay strong, you''re a very strong lady.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for checking in, freke. I was wondering how you were doing. you''re in my thoughts. *hugs*

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, I have been away from PS for a while and only just saw this. I am so very sorry for your loss
7.gif
you and your family are in my thoughts...

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you.... I just think of being in your situation and I just get tears in my eyes.

Only words of advice that I have is that things get worse better they get better... It sounds like you have some awesome friends and an amazing FF. Its been 2 1/2 yrs since my brother died, and it feels just like yesterday. I just try to surround myself with people I know that love me, and when I get sad, i just remember good times we had together and sometimes it helps the hurt, and sometimes it doesnt, but its always nice to think of him.

Just remember she will always be looking over you :)

Big hugs to you! :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and your family, L.

Zoe

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you today Liz, hugs to you and your family.

Love, Linda
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz, sending you a huge hug and prayers to you and your family.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,

I slept better than I have in a long time last night. That may have had to do with the fact that I was emotionally and physically exhausted, but it could have had something to do with the fact that I drank a martini at dinner and then came home, a friend came over and we made mojitos. Either way, I''m not complaining. It was the first night in two weeks I''ve slept without the aid of a Tylenol PM.

I think in a lot of ways that I''ve been grieving for a long time. My mom was incredibly active, walking 3 miles a day, renovating my condo, driving all over the city, and when she became this skinny body that couldn''t drive, didn''t have the energy to microwave a can of soup, that is when I lost my mom. I remember staying up almost all night last Christmas, and writing this long email to FF about how I had finally realized that this could be the last Christmas I had with her and how hard that was for me (and mind you, this was still when she was doing ok...) and I just remember sobbing at the computer while typing the email. Little did I know that I would be right, and that was the last Christmas I would have with her.

When FF and I were talking to her the day before she passed, her voice had stopped working, and she could only stage whisper. She kept talking about Christmas, and she wanted to know what we were going to do in Vegas, and was talking about how they weren''t making her do anything she didn''t want to do, like eat or drink or whatever, and that they just kept giving her pain meds. She wanted to know when they were going to let her out. And I sat there, with tears running down my face silently, occasionally sniffing, and she asked me if I was sick. She couldn''t see the tears because she wasn''t wearing her glasses, and I was managing to keep my voice steady. I lied to her and told her that FF had woken up with a stuffy nose, and I had woken up with the sniffles. She knew this was a lie-since I can remember, my colds and sinus infections (and there have been a lot of them) have started out with a stuffy nose, and she, of course, knew this. But she just nodded serenely, accepted my lie, and asked for more root beer.

I sat here just a minute ago, thinking about dinner last night and how much the bill was, and all of the stories that were told, and how I should call her and tell her what had happened. Realizing I couldn''t...hurts.

I''m going to miss my mommy.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hugs to you Freke.

LS

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Frekechild - I know we have never spoken before, but I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I can''t begin to imagine how you must feel. Just the thought of one day losing my mother makes me incredibly sad. The reality must he beartbreaking.

As I say, I know we have never spoken before as I am quite a noob here, but I see how many friends you have here on PS. My condolances are every bit as sincere as those of your firm friends here.

Take care

Emma
xxxx

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Freke. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. She sounds like she was an incredible person.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 5:14:30 PM
Author: bee*
I''m sorry Freke. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. She sounds like she was an incredible person.
Me too, huge hugs and take care of yourself, honey.
emrose.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 5:18:33 PM
Author: Skippy123

emrose.gif
Me three. I''m so sad for you, I know all too well how much it hurts to lose a parent. {{{big, big hugs}}}

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to let you know that you''re in my thoughts. Nate and I send lots of love.
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 6:34:27 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 12/14/2008 5:18:33 PM

Author: Skippy123

emrose.gif
Me three. I''m so sad for you, I know all too well how much it hurts to lose a parent. {{{big, big hugs}}}

Me three
bighug5.gif

The first time realisation hits you it hurts like nothing else but with time that hurt becomes easier and easier to deal with.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Still thinking of you Freke. Saw your mom''s ring and it is just gorgeous!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to send you a cyber-hug!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Freke, big hugs to you, dear friend! I''m glad you got a good night''s sleep. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your dad during this very difficult time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results