shape
carat
color
clarity

Determining if what you are buying is actually a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kg4eoh

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I just found this site and I am hoping to get some help. I went with my boyfriend (soon to be fiance) over to the pawn shop the other day because he was going to be getting an air compressor someone had told him about. Anyway, long story short, I saw the most incredible diamond ring there, but was concerned I would get it and find out later it wasn''t what it was beind sold as. Can anyone give me some tips on how to determine if what I am looking at is real or not? Also, some ways to determine if it is a good deal or not? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Patty
33.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If there was ever an occassion to recommend the use of an independant appraiser, this is it. Make sure you can return the ring if it is not what you had hoped it would be in as sufficient a length of time you would need to get it appraised, and you could do well to go to one of the professionals referenced at this site for advice.

For more info on the role of an appraiser, a couple of sites are here and here.

Best of wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results