shape
carat
color
clarity

Desperately seeking Opinions/feedback on diamond please

Larisa

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I’m desperately after some expert feedback on the below diamond. I may have accidentally pulled the trigger too soon on the purchase due to the price offered to me (US $1600). The online store has placed a hold on the stone but is unable to provide ASET images. Should I be worried about the 33.9 crown angle?

I’ve stared at the video so many times I don’t even know what I am seeing myself anymore. I’m not too worried about the inclusion, as long as it’s eye clean.

HCA score is 0.8

Diamond details:
2.12 E SI1
(Certificate is attached below)

Link to video:

7205F18B-BFA2-47D5-A089-2E0DF7E75397.png

Attachments

• 566301980.pdf
    533.2 KB · Views: 19

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very nice! I wouldn't be too worried about the crown angle.

Felipe

Rough_Rock
I would not hesitate for earrings, but for a ring I prefer a deeper diamond.
It's not only the 33.9 crown, but also the 40.6 pavilion, both together are perfect for earrings but a little shallow for a ring.
But I'm not an expert, so I'm following to read their opinion.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Larisa!
I'm not liking the overall optics of this one or the larger inclusions under the table.
I see Adiamor has it listed for about $3000, which I feel is pretty steep for this color and clarity...What price range are you shopping in?

Larisa

Rough_Rock
Hello, Larisa!
I'm not liking the overall optics of this one or the larger inclusions under the table.
I see Adiamor has it listed for about $3000, which I feel is pretty steep for this color and clarity...What price range are you shopping in?

You're right the vendor came back and said it's definitely not eye clean, he said it's about 90% eye clean.

This is the other one I'm looking at:

The specs for it fall into the PS rec proportions.

That's probably the top of my budget for the diamond 2.8k. Looking for D-F colour, 2ct, eye clean, lots of sparkle :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right the vendor came back and said it's definitely not eye clean, he said it's about 90% eye clean.

This is the other one I'm looking at:

The specs for it fall into the PS rec proportions.

That's probably the top of my budget for the diamond 2.8k. Looking for D-F colour, 2ct, eye clean, lots of sparkle :)

I love the 2.04! Put it on hold ASAP, as it's an awesome stone and there are lots of lurkers.

Larisa

Rough_Rock
I love the 2.04! Put it on hold ASAP, as it's an awesome stone and there are lots of lurkers.

This one also has a HCA score of 0.8. Does that mean it's better suited for earrings rather than a ring?
  • Diamonds scoring HCA 1.0 – 2.0 = Superior Sparkle
  • Diamonds scoring below 1.0 may be more suitable for earrings and pendants
So much information to take in. Life would be so much easier if all certificates came with idealscope/ASET images Haha

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one also has a HCA score of 0.8. Does that mean it's better suited for earrings rather than a ring?
So much information to take in. Life would be so much easier if all certificates came with idealscope/ASET images Haha

No, the HCA got revamped in the last few years, and it's more on a case-by-case basis whether there's an issue. This stone is totally fine.

Larisa

Rough_Rock
No, the HCA got revamped in the last few years, and it's more on a case-by-case basis whether there's an issue. This stone is totally fine.

Thank you :)

How does this one stack up against the 2.04?

Felipe

Rough_Rock

Better clarity, size and price, very nice cut!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

That one has blue nuance.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Damn, it's gorgeous, I'm resisting to buy it for myself.
Do you think it also has grey nuance, or only blue?

I'm only seeing a touch of blue nuance in the video.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Larisa , I found some more options for you to compare/contrast.

Felipe

Rough_Rock
You'd think the 8x ones would be pretty good......

Well I don't think GCAL tests for striation in CVD diamonds. The performances GCAL mentions are expected for a good quality crystal with the same proportions. But if the material is bad...

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @DejaWiz , it if says it doesn't have fluorescence, what does "blue nuance" mean?
Just trying to learn.

Reactions: Ann

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @DejaWiz , it if says it doesn't have fluorescence, what does "blue nuance" mean?
Just trying to learn.

If I may, most lab diamonds are Type II. Type IIa means it's devoid of boron and has no blue nuance. Type IIb means there is boron present and may display blue nuance. Unfortunately most reports for HPHT stones do not specify IIa or IIb, so we need to look at the videos to check for blue nuance.

Here's an HPHT stone with blue nuance next to one without. You can usually see it at the edges of the crown in the profile view.

e-vs1-blue-nuance-jpg.913105

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rule of thumb is a pavilion angle of 40.6 or over is fine in a ring.
A tight 40.5 can work also, it depends what is in the average and rounding.
When the crown angle exceeds 36 some other combos may come into play.

Larisa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help everyone! I really appreciate you providing input and sharing your knowledge.

I'm waiting to hear back whether the 2.04 is still available and I'll keep looking for some other options.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the help everyone! I really appreciate you providing input and sharing your knowledge.

I'm waiting to hear back whether the 2.04 is still available and I'll keep looking for some other options.

Start here with D color then move to E, then F if nothing jumps out at you...ask any and all questions as they come to mind.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
If I may, most lab diamonds are Type II. Type IIa means it's devoid of boron and has no blue nuance. Type IIb means there is boron present and may display blue nuance. Unfortunately most reports for HPHT stones do not specify IIa or IIb, so we need to look at the videos to check for blue nuance.

Here's an HPHT stone with blue nuance next to one without. You can usually see it at the edges of the crown in the profile view.

e-vs1-blue-nuance-jpg.913105

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results