shape
carat
color
clarity

Designing a ring

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
So I recently got a custom made bracelet from a designer named Kamni Verma. My partner and I are getting engaged, but I need some help designing a ring. I want to go into my meeting with some idea about what I want, but I am totally clueless. I want a ring that looks good on my fingers ( I wear a ring size 9) but I don't want to spend a fortune. I am so confused: gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum, shank, split shank, insert ring, halo, no halo :wall: :wall: :wall: I need some help. Any ideas??? I don't want something dainty of gaudy..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAdrNkFABYX/

I saw this it looked pretty, super expensive but pretty. I think it's a bit too plain. But I like the diamond in it.

Part of the problem is that I am super indecisive. I really like the ring in the link above and I want something different an unique, without being so different I will hate it in a few months. A very fine line to walk. I don't think I want any colored stones and I am leaning towards a knifes edge style band. So that and a modest budget lol.

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention, I really really really like the marquise cut diamond. That and some cushions. I also really like that filigree. So maybe antique is the way to go but I would like something new and totally mine.

Here is a three stone ring I am in LOVE :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: with. The filigree is just so gorgeous but I am not sure how to work that in with the marquise stone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBBGc3hnC8A/?taken-by=vermaestatedepartment

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take a trip to a few local jewelry stores to try on a variety of different styles, sizes, metal colors, shapes, etc., and see what most appeals to you, keeping in mind jewelry store lighting will make things look a little different than they do in regular, everyday lighting. And I would make sure you have it in your mind as well as let the salesperson know up front that you are NOT there to buy right now (to take the pressure off), but to try on different things to get ideas for what you may want to share with your partner for ideas. And take pictures of rings you like so you can show your designer when you meet. That would at least help you narrow down some options and see them in person, on your hand, and decide what may/may not work.

Good luck & congratulations! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results