shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer settings/semi-mounts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunbug

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys--
Do you know of any internet sites that have a really GREAT selection of semi-mounts?
We are having trouble finding "designer" type settings on the vendor sites listed at pricescope. Seems like the designers lines are all sold through jewelry stores only.
We have looked extensively at setting after setting on the net sites but still unable to locate an actual site that SELLS these lines. Thanks for your help! AWESOME SITE!

rokhunter

Rough_Rock
I have been searching awhile now for a very petite platinum channel set semi-mount. Basically, I want a plain channel set wedding band with a slender 4 prong head popped in the center. I want 4 1pt high quality stones on each side of the head. the finished product should not exceed 2mm width. In essence, we are trying to create a very very thin channel set engagament (akin to a sparkly paper clip) holding a 1 ct center stone. most rings end up looking overly bulky, or have raised channel settings. this ring is 3.5 size, so I'm looking most likely for something custom made, high quality, and (again!) petite. BTW, is safety an issue when dealing with such a thin band? I guess the finished product would be at least as wide, if not wider, than a plain tiffany semi-mount...
Thanks!

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Guys,We do not have any rings up on our site YET, but we hope to in the near future.
We not only sell super ideal cut hearts and arrows diamonds but we also have some of the best platinum smiths around right here. If you have a very good drawing or can send me an e-mail of a picture of a ring you have found or if you can't copy the picture, just send the web address and I will find it. Let me know. The three diamond ring is easy and will not be very expensive. The custom rings will be a little harder. For the person that wants four one point diamonds channel set. Do you know how small a 1pt diamond is? We can do it if you give me a very good sketch.
dimonbob www.whiteflash.com

gem-n-i

Rough_Rock
sun bug-
i recently bought a 2.2 marquise that i had set in the manner you described. i wanted the centerstone to be featured too (since the stone is a beautiful, colorless and eye-clean stone) and i didn't want side stones. i wanted a platinum setting with a 6-prong, thicker tiffany-style band (about 5mm). i wanted a simple, yet elegant setting that would focus on the centerstone. we looked at many settings and we found we liked the Jeff Cooper designs the best. you can find his many designs online, you just have to look around.

sunbug

Rough_Rock
Thanks to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! for being so helpful--this site is THE BEST!!!!
Sunbug.......on the "hunt" again!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of look are you going for? Platinum, yellow gold, two tone, traditional with flair, contemporary, other stones in the setting, diamonds or colored gems? Bezel set, 6 prong, 4 prong, tension?Custom?What shape is the stone?With a little more info., someone may be able to make suggestions.

sunbug

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lawmax for the suggestions--
We are needing to find a platinum setting for a 2ct stone. Prong setting--6? Possible 3 stone look--but unique and different than the DeBeers 2000 campaign ring. Leaning more toward a solitaire(a substantial one-not thin tiffany look), so that the stone is featured nicely. Have seen some possibilities in the Scott Kay line, the Diana Classic line, Paul Klecka line, Gotleib & Sons etc.
When we access their specific sites to look at settings--they do not sell directly to the public and refer us to local jewelers.
Makes sense to us....but, we were thinking that there must be someplace on the net that would represent these type of designers.
Maybe not?? Thanks again!!!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sunbug,Hmmm... I've seen many ring sites but really don't know what to recommend.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We carry most of the brands that have been mentioned and more. If you have an exact style number I would be happy to email you a quote. We also custom manufacture from your drawings, and have an artist on hand if you can't draw(like me)
smile.gif
Happy hunting.....------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results