shape
carat
color
clarity

Designer settings in Singapore?

bryantwk

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of a jeweller in Singapore who carries designer solitaire settings?

I've seen a couple of nice settings at Tianpo and other places, but they will not accept loose diamonds not purchased from them.

I've also explored custom made settings from local jewllers... they have a decent range to choose from, but somehow the settings lack impact; and I'm too not keen on them making direct replicas (e.g., tiffany, cartier).

What other options do I have?

Cheers!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I live in SG but I do not know of any.

What I've done is to have my loose stones sent to the setters that PSer's use, including Leon Mege. I'm in the process of having Victor Canera take care of a couple of projects for me. There are others too like Steven Kirsch, JbEG etc. to name but a few.

I'm not sure I understand your Q though: you don't want replicas of designer names like Cartier, Tiff etc but you are looking at designer settings. Could you possibly elaborate?

bryantwk

Rough_Rock
Hi Phoenix,

Are there Singapore equivalents of the setters you name?

I've been to a number of jewellery shops and many of them bring out a standard box of settings/rings for me to view... and the designs are uninspiring. Other jewellery shops don't have much of a setting range, but tell me they can make whatever design I want... that dosen't work for me either as I prefer to see and feel something before commissioning it.

So, essentially I'm looking for a jeweller who carries/makes 'inspiring' settings and has some ready made samples for me to view. I've found one on vivo diamonds which has perked my interest so I'll be checking them out.

http://www.vivodiamonds.com/rt/sdetail.pl?cfg=bpl&cat=6&hrj=1&c_adset=&c_gid=&c_size=&ctype=&c_gtype=&sku=870&c_gid=0

Cheers

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately, although there are good setters in SG, they're just not good enough for my taste and I suspect for yours too.

I have, as mentioned, had things done by Leon Mege and am commissioning Victor Canera to do a couple more pieces for me. Their prices are a lot more expensive than what you'd pay in SG, but imho, definitely worth it. A ring setting goes from USD2.5-3k for a solitaire with no pave to USD5-6k for one with pave. You'd need to decide what you're willing to pay for and whether the setting would be kept by the wearer for a long long time, at these prices. I say this because I'm having a LM setting redone and most likely I'd have to write off USD3k (inclusive of shipping, insurance etc)! Not a small amount at all!! :blackeye:

If you'd like to compare the quality of the work done by these US artisans vs the local ones, perhaps I can show them to you? I'm friends IRL with some SG and HK PS'ers, and we may have a GTG in Nov. If you'd like, you could meet us then. Are you in a hurry to get your setting?

bryantwk

Rough_Rock
Not likely as refined as your tastes! and that's not an insignificant sum of money you've got going on the LM.

Kind of you to extend the invitation, I'm keen to get to know the local PS community; I started with the intention of getting an e-ring but I don't think I'll stop there since I've caught the diamond bug :lol:

I do need to get a setting made in the next week or two as the day is nearing. There is a setting from Yuen Tung which comes close to what I have in mind. Between them and the vivo diamond setting linked above, I will likely settle :) If I was to invest in some of the settings you mention, I would definitely want to run them by my significant other first!

I don't see an option to PM on this forum. **Edited by moderator. please read our policies about posting personal information on the forum**

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bryantwk|1319559307|3047291 said:
Not likely as refined as your tastes! and that's not an insignificant sum of money you've got going on the LM.

Kind of you to extend the invitation, I'm keen to get to know the local PS community; I started with the intention of getting an e-ring but I don't think I'll stop there since I've caught the diamond bug :lol:

I do need to get a setting made in the next week or two as the day is nearing. There is a setting from Yuen Tung which comes close to what I have in mind. Between them and the vivo diamond setting linked above, I will likely settle :) If I was to invest in some of the settings you mention, I would definitely want to run them by my significant other first!

I don't see an option to PM on this forum. **Edited by moderator. please read our policies about posting personal information on the forum**

Not at all! :))

Have you tried Canary Diamond at Delfi Orchard yet? They carry some pretty pieces there and their prices are fairly reasonable. Ask for Bonne and tell her the woman from the diamond forum, who's had quite a few pieces reset by her, sent you.

Oh btw, have a look at the Pre-Loved PS Jewels section! :wink2:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
bryantwk said:

Yuen Tung made my setting based on what I wanted, and I'm totally happy with their service. I do agree, however, that their stock setting is pretty limited so it helps if you know exactly what you want. I'm not sure how good they are with pave or setting melees though because mine is a solitaire ring with filigree (pic below).

I like that they are honest and not pushy at all. They are now setting some diamonds I have into a pendant and modifying an old ring setting to fit my peridot.

Phoenix said:
If you'd like to compare the quality of the work done by these US artisans vs the local ones, perhaps I can show them to you? I'm friends IRL with some SG and HK PS'ers, and we may have a GTG in Nov. If you'd like, you could meet us then. Are you in a hurry to get your setting?

Phoenix,

Do I get an invite too? :saint:

Ering.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happybear, that's a very pretty ring! :love:

Of course you get an invite. I'm planning to start a thread closer to the date. I know there are quite a few PS'ers in SG. Hope you all can come, the more the merrier! :))

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the American Club as the venue. They have some amazing lightings there for showcasing our bling! :wink2: :tongue:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you, Phoenix! I'm flattered, knowing how gorgeous your collections are ;-)

Will look forward to your thread in Nov :wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Search "singapore hardwarezone proposal ring" - ther eare gigantic threads discussing singapore engagement rings and designers. There is one that I think does good work.

bryantwk

Rough_Rock
Happybear: that's a really intricate design and ring! :) I decided to go with Yuen Tung in the end. Something similar to the pic attached below.

Phoenix: looking forward to the catch up!

Charmypoo: thanks for the suggestion!

Ringspiral2.gif.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Nice design! :appl:
Remember to post lots of photos here once you have the ring. :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results