shape
carat
color
clarity

Design help for my halo setting? Please? :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I've had a beautiful 1.8 carat round diamond unset for the last 1.5 years ( :errrr: I know!), and it needs a home finally! I want to wear this baby! After lots of indecision, I've decided on a pave halo with a plain shank. However, Leon, Steven and the like are out of the question right now. I change my mind about settings A LOT so I need to be sure. I can't spend a lot of money on this setting and then change my mind. So I figured for now, it's best to set my stone in a stock setting. Well, I finally found an affordable and reasonably good looking halo without pave on the shank. Perfect, right? Well no. From the top view it's nice, but what I need your help with, PS friends, is the profile--it's hideous!! It's WAY too high and DH says it looks like a golf ball on a tee. :) It looks like someone could knock the head right off the shank. It's just not practical to be so high, and it looks awkward. So, do any of you design experts have a better idea for the profile? I can make some minor changes to this stock setting for a small additional fee. What would look nice and get the stone a bit lower? Thanks much!!! Any suggestions are welcome. On a good note, this setting has AWESOME finger coverage...in my pics, it's set with a 1 carat. Pics of the stock setting to follow:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top view:

top view.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the sky high profile...I don't like how it looks like the halo was just plunked on the top of the shank: :wacko:

tall profile.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More:

tall side.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one, it looks really high here:
Thanks for your help!! :wavey:

yikes.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
D&T's suggestion is really nice. I was considering this setting for myself awhile back. It has the classiness of a halo while being very simple and understated.

LOL, about your DH calling the current setting a golf ball on a tee - time to change settings then.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi D&T! That James Allen one is really nice, but I like mine a bit better because I prefer no cathedral. Thank you for the suggestion though!

I wonder if it's going to be difficult to come up with some way to modify my setting? Maybe the struts under the halo can be curved more isntead of going straight up?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahh. gotcha about the cathedral ::)

Can they make the halo slightly larger so the diamond sit a little lower in the "donut" of the halo (don't know what the technical term)...

or if they can cut into the band itself to pull the head down a bit? let me see if I can try and do a mockup

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok. I only have MS paint. sorry for the terrible mock up bit you get the jist ::) that should bring it down some, then get a slightly larger halo to help bring the diamond down the prongs some.
lailaringpicture.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, that's a GREAT idea, D&T!! :) That could definitely work! I'll ask the jeweler if they can do this, and if a wedding band will still sit flush. Thanks so much for doing the mock up! It looks really nice lowered.

As far as a bigger halo, you mean so the diamond can sit down deeper inside the halo? I agree, because it's sitting quite a bit above the halo currently, which adds a lot of height.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619 said:
Ohhhh, that's a GREAT idea, D&T!! :) That could definitely work! I'll ask the jeweler if they can do this, and if a wedding band will still sit flush. Thanks so much for doing the mock up! It looks really nice lowered.

As far as a bigger halo, you mean so the diamond can sit down deeper inside the halo? I agree, because it's sitting quite a bit above the halo currently, which adds a lot of height.

yes, exactly my thoughts... and you're welcome! I'm sure others could do a much more smashing job ::) though.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmeliaG|1306276471|2929429 said:
D&T's suggestion is really nice. I was considering this setting for myself awhile back. It has the classiness of a halo while being very simple and understated.

LOL, about your DH calling the current setting a golf ball on a tee - time to change settings then.

I know, it's funny, but he is kind of right! lol :lol:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
to me it looks like the halo is too small? I prefer halo settings where the diamond sits lower in the halo...is that possible with this setting?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am going to search for the pics of my halo setting. I have pics of the gallery and the side. It's a different look for a halo and won't look like a golf tee at all. Search doesn't seem to work very well these days. If I can't find my topic. I can post some pics, if you are interested in an alternative look :))

ETA: I found the thread with pics of my ring. All pics are on the first page. HTH :))

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-hof-reset-has-landed.119915/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-hof-reset-has-landed.119915/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results