shape
carat
color
clarity

describing the painting in report.2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 9:24:18 AM
Author:Serg

Re: '' 9/11/2006 11:04:14 AM
Combining your prior descriptors with substitutions that are palatable to some here:

negligible
very small
small
moderate
large
very large
maximum
John

John Pollard
Director of Consumer Education''

Hi, John

It done now. Thanks to All.
See http://www.octonus.com/oct/products/helium/polish/history-helium3_87_91.phtml

Thank you Sergey. Two questions.

1. The painting parameters are renamed. Have you applied the names to digging as well, or kept it separate since digging becomes significant at lesser degrees/notches?

Painting are renamed

(0.0 - 0.1) Negligible
(0.1 - 0.3) Very small
(0.3 - 0.8) Small
(0.8 - 1.2) Moderate
(1.2 - 1.8) Large
(1.8 - 2.2) Very large
(2.2 - oo) Maximum >>

2. You have added the ability to include a GIA appraiser. Does your software also apply brillianteering judgments, or is the GIA estimation based on proportions-only?

font>
Please visit GIA Diamond Cut Grading page for explore this appraiser... >>

Helpful modifications. Thank you also for listing average deviation from 0 in degrees as well as in notches; your reports are fluent in many languages.
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I''m sure this is swell. I still miss "practical."

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the update Serg and good questions John. Insofar as I know GIA has not released the parameters or cut offs for degrees of painting and digging that get dinged. I''ve learned what they are and what measurements to look for by submitting stones and having the ability to measure them so I''m curious to know if Sergey has these incorporated into the new reports. We look forward to hearing from ya on this Serg.

John are you guys using the Helium now as well? My only regret is I wish one was made with interchangeable lens for larger stones.
2.gif
Otherwise its great.

Hope this finds you well.

Peace,

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2006 12:56:39 PM
Author: Rhino
Thanks for the update Serg and good questions John. Insofar as I know GIA has not released the parameters or cut offs for degrees of painting and digging that get dinged. I''ve learned what they are and what measurements to look for by submitting stones and having the ability to measure them so I''m curious to know if Sergey has these incorporated into the new reports. We look forward to hearing from ya on this Serg.

John are you guys using the Helium now as well? My only regret is I wish one was made with interchangeable lens for larger stones.
2.gif
Otherwise its great.

Hope this finds you well.

Peace,
Rhino you may know painting and digging cut off''s for stones in the proportion sets you prefer - but you do not know them for deeper and shallower stones.

You attempt to simplify the totally complex.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2006 12:21:26 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 12/10/2006 9:24:18 AM
Author:Serg

Re: '' 9/11/2006 11:04:14 AM
Combining your prior descriptors with substitutions that are palatable to some here:

negligible
very small
small
moderate
large
very large
maximum
John

John Pollard
Director of Consumer Education''

Hi, John

It done now. Thanks to All.
See http://www.octonus.com/oct/products/helium/polish/history-helium3_87_91.phtml

Thank you Sergey. Two questions.

1. The painting parameters are renamed. Have you applied the names to digging as well, or kept it separate since digging becomes significant at lesser degrees/notches?

<< 4. Text descriptions of parameter Painting are renamed

Now the ''painting, text'' parameter may be one of the following depending on the ''painting,notches'' (average) value:

(0.0 - 0.1) Negligible
(0.1 - 0.3) Very small
(0.3 - 0.8) Small
(0.8 - 1.2) Moderate
(1.2 - 1.8) Large
(1.8 - 2.2) Very large
(2.2 - oo) Maximum >>

2. You have added the ability to include a GIA appraiser. Does your software also apply brillianteering judgments, or is the GIA estimation based on proportions-only?

<< 7. New GIA_PCT_2006 appraiser of cut quality is included to the program

Please visit GIA Diamond Cut Grading page for explore this appraiser... >>

Helpful modifications. Thank you also for listing average deviation from 0 in degrees as well as in notches; your reports are fluent in many languages.
1.gif
John,

re:The painting parameters are renamed. Have you applied the names to digging as well, or kept it separate since digging becomes significant at lesser degrees/notches?

We use same names for painting and digging.

re:Does your software also apply brillianteering judgments, or is the GIA estimation based on proportions-only?

Just proportion estimation for crown angle, table and pavilion angle. Just it. It is for cutters only. Symmetry table is for cutters only too. These rules are stronge than real GIA rules ( I think). I saw severals GIA excellent symmetry which are VG symmetry in Helium. Boundary is fusy( clear rules are absent) We are trying find rules during our current sMSS. ANy other examples will very helpfull also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results