shape
carat
color
clarity

DEPTH CONSIDERATION IN IDEAL CUT STONE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HERMAN

Rough_Rock
At what point is depth a consideration in a stone that is AGS graded as OOO(Ideal). Several of the forums suggest that depth is not a consideration in an ideal stone until the depth exceeds 62.9. I am considering a stone with a depth of 62.2 in the ideal range - HCA 1.9 (TIC) Any help would be appreciated.

Table 56
Crown Angle 34.7
Pavillion Angle 40.9
Total Depth 62.2

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Stone should be nice. Keep in mind that since the stone will be carrying weight in the pavillion (an area that one does not see)the face up appearance of the stone may be smaller than a stone that is less deep. 62.2 is not too deep at all - but heed the caveat above.

What are the measurements & carat weight?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
62.2 is not the end of the world when you consider there are more important factors that contribute to the beauty of the stone. Your crown/pavilion/table combo looks nice so I wouldn't worry too much about the 62.2 depth.

Rhino

HERMAN

Rough_Rock
Carat wt. 2.133cts
Measurements 8.23X8.26X5.23

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is small for its weight.
Better cut diamonds are in the 8.3-8.4mm range according to a pricescope search in the 2.10ct range.
In 2.13 they are closer to the 8.4mm mark.

So by going to a deaper diamond you are losing .2mm or so.
If priced accordingly I wouldnt have a problem with it if everything else was right but if I could get a 2.10 of the same diameter and better cut and cheaper its a no brainer.

How much is the asking price, color and clarity of the diamond?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
62.2% is still very good. The crown/pavilion combo is great, so this stone should be very bright and good looking.
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Since it is still graded by AGS as an ideal cut, I would not worry too much about the depth %. More importantly is the crown/pavilion relations and the numbers of your diamond indicates that it is well proportioned for the depth.

rodent.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If you were to set this diamond side by side with one of 8.4mm, you might see a difference. Standing alone, nope. Like Rhino said, there many things that contribute to the beauty and performance of a diamond. This one sounds great. Definitely worth serious consideration.

Just my $0.02 worth.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results