shape
carat
color
clarity

Deprisco Jewelers in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know about a poor experience I had at Deprisco Jewelers in Boston today. They are rated the #1 Jeweler by some local news station in Boston, and I have had prior dealings with them which were good, but this time was just not nice.

First off, the person who helped us was rude. I simply needed to have a stone reset in a setting that I purchased online. It was obvious by his demeanor and the fact we were rushed out of the store at the end that the jeweler was not happy with us. We even tried to sit and look at wedding bands(considering an upgrade) with another sales person and the manager (I assume the manager helped us) came over and told her that someone was asking for her. He then told my wife again the ring will be ready on Wednesday then just looked at us expectantly to leave the store.

I just wanted to give you this experience if you are purchasing online and trying to find a good place to have the stone set. Deprisco Jewelers were rude, and we have done prior business there like purchase both our wedding bands. This will be our last dealings with them.
29.gif

Sincerely,

MTRB

gail013

Shiny_Rock
That is just irritating, I would have been tempted to leave with my reset and stone in hand. Some people are so short-sighted.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
The Jeweler was also poo pooing my purchases. He said he always tell people "please do not purchase online". Indicating that you get a low quality product. I think part of it was because we were in the Jewelers building in the Jewelry district in Boston.

In my head I was thinking ...we are happy with our purchases, and I didn't ask you.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi mtrb.

I feel so badly for you - what should have been a pleasant experience was unpleasant. It''s terrible that the jeweler poo-pooed your purchase. I would have been tempted to take my stone and setting and go somewhee else. They should have realized that you were entrusting them with a very expensive item AND you were doing this because you felt confident based on past dealings with them.

I''m guessing that a lot of B&M stores are feeling the profit margin squeeze because of internet vendors. But they should realize that if they treat a customer well, there will always be those times when the customer doesn''t buy from the internet or the customer sees something in the window or the customer needs something on short notice and can''t wait for processing/shipping or the customer needs a repair, etc.

There is nothing I hate more than feeling like a service person is doing me a favor by taking my business. If I were you I''d be so PO''ed that I''d write to the owner and tell them how rudely I was treated. I''d be sure to mention the salesperson''s name. The power of the pen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results