shape
carat
color
clarity

Depending on the day do you wear different wedding sets ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Question: I like to change wedding sets depending on what I am wearing and my mood. I have a white gold and a yellow gold set and I mix them or wear just a band. Does anyone else do this??? I get comments from friends like.......why do you change or have so many rings....................WHO HAS OR CAN YOU TO MANY RINGS????? Am I wierd or do others do this. I am a wedding set junkie.......

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m with you--I change the rings I wear practically every day. Somebody once asked me "Are all those diamonds really necessary?", and my answer was "If I have them, they''re necessary."

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I change my rings whenever I feel like it. Why shouldn''t I when I have several wedding sets. What counts is that they''re all from the same one husband, right
31.gif
? Plus my husband doesn''t mind so long as I wear a ring, any ring on my ring finger. HAHAHA...

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Just for the sake of throwing an opposite opinion in the mix
31.gif

No, I never wear anything other than my original wedding set, and don''t ever want any other wedding ring or e-ring.

But that doesn''t mean I don''t think other people should wear whatever they like. I''d hate a world where we were all the same.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I mix and match a lot. My own new wedding set is a 3 ring platinum set, e-ring and 2 matching bands. I mix and match the rings on both my right and left hands. I also have a yellow gold wedding band that was my mother''s wedding band. I don''t wear it as much as my new set, but I definitely wear it a good amount. My husband and I actually had 2 wedding ceremonies, 1 civil and 1 religious. For the civil ceremony, I used my mom''s gold band as my wedding ring. For the religious ceremony I used my new wedding set. This way, I feel like all of my rings, old and new, have different places and meanings. Not only that, but I do also think that mixing and matching is kind of fun
emsmile.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Sure. I switch between my yellow gold wedding ring with a 2mm yellow gold band and my white gold 3-stone anniversary ring with a diamond band of 3-pointers in white gold on my left hand. I usually do not wear a ring on my right hand so I decide if white or yellow gold goes better with what I''m wearing.

Sometimes I wear my 2 carat fakey with the band of 3-pointers and a 2mm band on my left hand...when I''m feeling really fancy. :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a variety of bands. The only one I don''t have and still need to get is a plain platinum band. When I can swing the money Ill buy the one from SP.

Most of the time I don''t wear anything. I bang around too much at work to have stuff on. And that''s sad because I work at a computer.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I like to mix and match, as well. I have two solitaires, one in white and one in yellow gold. I also have a variety of bands, both plain and diamond of different styles and widths as well as several ring guards, one that is an antique and belonged to my grandmother. I love them all, and wear them all depending on my mood. Most of my rings have sentimental value to me. One of my plain gold bands is my original wedding band, another is my mother''s original wedding band, another is my husband''s mother''s original wedding band. They are all different. One of my diamond bands is also made from stones that were in a ring belonging to my mother-in-law. It''s a 5 stone band, and to me it is my "mother''s ring". I never cared for the birthstone mother''s rings, so I consider the 5 diamonds in the band to symbolize the 5 members of my family...me, my hubby, and my three kids. The other diamond bands were given to me by my husband as anniversary gifts or birthday gifts over the years. So, even though I have a pretty wide assortment of different "looks" to wear on my left hand, they all have meaning to me other than fashion.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I switch back and forth between my bead set e-ring and matching wedding ring and a plain band that matches my husband''s. I find that NOT wearing my diamonds every day helps me to appreciate them more (and combats shrinkage). Also, I am a clean freak about diamonds, so it cuts down on the cleaning, too.

Some people have asked me why I have two bands and kind of laughed. I wanted one with diamonds, and one to match my hubby''s. Works for me!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 wedding bands (plain platinum, princess cut bar-set, round-shared prong) and 4 e-ring type rings (2 from dh, 2 from mom). I wear different combinations depending on my mood and how I dress. If I''m going to a dressy affair, I pile on my blingiest combo, if I''m going to a "young" function, like a college football game, I wear my plain band and plainest and smallest solitiare (1.12ct rb) so that I fit in with the younger crowd.....

My husband is like one of the pp''s husband. As long as I have SOMETHING on my ring finger, he doesn''t mind. He gave me all of the bands, so I''m always wearing something symbolizing our union. My coworkers think I''m nuts, and a couple of girls grab my hand daily to check out the set-of-the-day.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the responses.... I feel so much better. I love to change and am always looking at new rings. I guess it is my hobby :) WOOO Post some of your pictures.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
For me, my original wedding set is a e-ring with a solitaire plus a wg wedding band which is now quite dull and very scratched up although still white. However, it doesn''t look right sitting with my e-ring so I wear my wg 3 stone anniversary band with my e-ring and wear my band while at work. I will switch the two rings depending where I go. But i think if you have it, wear it. Who cares what people think.

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
I''m glad this post got started because I can now show it to my hubby when I ask for my eternity band to be made. I currently wear my e-ring and wedding band when I go to work or am basically going to be out and about. As soon as I get home, the e-ring goes into the box and I just wear my band which is a 2mm partial channel set eternity band. I''ve been thinking about getting an eternity band which I could wear on the days that I will be going to the gym and thus would only have 1 ring to put away or for when I''m going to be doing active things - i.e. we had a work function picnic where we played some light team games or for those days where I don''t want to have all the bling
1.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 11:00:27 AM
Author: prettyinpave
I switch back and forth between my bead set e-ring and matching wedding ring and a plain band that matches my husband''s. I find that NOT wearing my diamonds every day helps me to appreciate them more (and combats shrinkage). Also, I am a clean freak about diamonds, so it cuts down on the cleaning, too.

Some people have asked me why I have two bands and kind of laughed. I wanted one with diamonds, and one to match my hubby''s. Works for me!
I agree with the idea that not wearing your diamonds, especially your ering, everyday is a good way to combat shrinkage. Having a variety of rings and combinations to wear help, too.

I get comments from people about having so many bands and ring guards and so on, too. What can I say? I inherited some of them, and some were gifts from my husband. We also have the matching bands that we got married with, both plain gold approx 6mm. That is the band I wear most often and for everyday. What I wear other times is dictated by what I''m wearing, or my mood, or just whatever!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three sets that I wear, depending on whatever mood I am in. I usually wear the smaller set if I feel like wearing something at work and the larger diamond when I am going to a party, wedding, etc.

My husband doesn''t really mind which set I wear, although on my right hand ring finger, I always, always wear my plain platinum 3 mm. wedding band that matches his.

I have noticed that I have more wedding bands that I can mix and match with the e-ring, than I have e-rings.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results