shape
carat
color
clarity

Demantoid and Andradite

landscape

Shiny_Rock
There are three varieties of Andradite: Topazolite、Demantoid and melanite.
Topazolite is yellow color Andradite. Demantoid is a chromium-containing Andradite, and melanite is a variant of titanium-containing Andradite.
Demantoid is the most famous Andradite, The origin may be Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, Namibia, Madagascar, etc. They have different colors.
Demantoid from the Ural Mountains of Russia is the most precious. Russian demantoid has a typical bright chrome-green color. Because it contains chromium, it is red under the CHELSEA COLOUR FILTER
Demantoid and Tsavorite are sometimes very similar, but the refractive index of Demantoid is up 1.81. If it is less than this value, consider Tsavorite or Mali garnet.
Topazolite is actually very rare, even rarer than Demantoid, but Topazolite is not as eye-catching as Demantoid, so the attention is not high.
More less people know melanite because the appearance of melanite is hard to like.

Demantoid from the Ural,2.2ct--0.9ct-0.9ct-1.8ct

DSC_8868.jpg DSC_8845.jpg DSC_8847.jpg DSC_8849.jpg DSC_8852.jpg DSC_8856.jpg DSC_8857.jpg DSC_8864.jpg

Demantoid from Iran 2.65ct.
DSC_8869.jpg

Demantoid from Namibia and Comparison of Sphene. left 2 are Sphene,right 2 are Demantoid
5纳米自然.jpg 3纳米白光.jpg 11aa.jpg 16.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8856.jpg
    DSC_8856.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Russian chrome green demantoid shows a strong green in various environments. Madagascar Demantoid Demantoid has extremely strong dispersion and has very different performance in different light environments

2.65ct Madagascar Demantoid with extremely strong dispersion

11.jpg ad.jpg ae - 副本.jpg ac.jpg ab.jpg aa - 副本.jpg

landscape

Shiny_Rock
color Change Demantoid
Most of Demantoid has a slight color changing effect. Only a change of color intensity over the cold and warm colors can be called color Change Demantoid
4.3ct color-change demantoid, with a green zircon as a reference to observe the color-changing effect
18.jpg
12.jpg 对比1a.jpg 对比2.jpg 对比3.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so neat to see.
Thank you for sharing!
That green color of the zircon looks like no slouch either.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very interesting!

Where is in your opinion the borderline, when do you think it is a demantoid and when an andradite?

landscape

Shiny_Rock
This is so neat to see.
Thank you for sharing!
That green color of the zircon looks like no slouch either.
various color zircons will be post later

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting!

Where is in your opinion the borderline, when do you think it is a demantoid and when an andradite?

Andradite includ: Topazolite、Demantoid and melanite :
green or yellowish green ---Demantoid
yellow or Brownish yellow --- Topazolite
black----melanite

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That old Ural material is so neon green! I’ve seen some of it in a museum, and it looks like kryptonite!

I have some Namibian material, it’s very dispersive, but definitely color shifts, and is not neon.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
This is fascinating! I will read every post - and soak it all in

lee7856

Rough_Rock
Charming green stone。I am“yanjie7856” come from "大家坛”。It's very easy for everyone to recognize because our head pictures are all letters.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Andradite includ: Topazolite、Demantoid and melanite :
green or yellowish green ---Demantoid
yellow or Brownish yellow --- Topazolite
black----melanite

These are the basics we all know.

But if you compare a fine colored russian demantoid with a lower quality (grayish yellow green) from Namibia or Madagascar - are these still demantoid in your opinion or just andradite?

landscape

Shiny_Rock
These are the basics we all know.

But if you compare a fine colored russian demantoid with a lower quality (grayish yellow green) from Namibia or Madagascar - are these still demantoid in your opinion or just andradite?

grayish yellow green from Namibia or Madagascar usually as demantoid. although the price more lower than russian

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Charming green stone。I am“yanjie7856” come from "大家坛”。It's very easy for everyone to recognize because our head pictures are all letters.

Nice to see you here

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
With all of these beautiful stones Im starting to wonder...

Who are you? :think::P2

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors in this thread are making me drool.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I love your collection, thank you so much for sharing these beauties!!

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
The reason the Namibian material looks to have more dispersion than the very green Russian material (both have the same dispersion) is that the intense green and horsetails mask the dispersion as compared to the lighter Namibian/Madagascar material which has no horsetails and generally cleaner.

You might want to mention Mali Garnet as it is 5% Andradite and the rest Grossular. But Mali Garnet has inherited Andradite's dispersion, though the R.I. is lower.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
The reason the Namibian material looks to have more dispersion than the very green Russian material (both have the same dispersion) is that the intense green and horsetails mask the dispersion as compared to the lighter Namibian/Madagascar material which has no horsetails and generally cleaner.

You might want to mention Mali Garnet as it is 5% Andradite and the rest Grossular. But Mali Garnet has inherited Andradite's dispersion, though the R.I. is lower.

The chrome-green demantoid will absorb any colors, except that green can escape to be seen by our eyes, so it will show a very pure green. Of course, the dispersed color will also be absorbed, so the chrome-green demantoid Looks no dispersion.I have many mali garnet , mali garnet will be posted later.

manbeige

Rough_Rock
Amazing stones!!!:appl:

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Elfstone

Description of the Elfstone: The Elfstone, also known as the Elessar, It had the light of the Sun within it, and those who looked through it saw everything that was aged and withered as young once more.So Russian demantoid is more suitable for this description。
The Elfstone, as Arwen's dowry, belongs to Aragorn and Arwen. This scene shows Aragorn, Arwen and Elfstone

Elfstone:4.44ct Russian demantoid

DSC_8224.jpg DSC_8232.jpg DSC_8235.jpg DSC_8237.jpg DSC_8241.jpg DSC_8246.jpg DSC_8255.jpg DSC_8255.jpg DSC_8263.jpg DSC_8222.jpg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
How do you even begin to find a Madagascar demantoid with that kind of dispersion?? Amazing collection.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Added: Newly arrived 4.44ct Russian demantoid,GUILD certificate color grade VV green, but in fact should be medium green in Russia demantoid color grade.
DSC_8196.jpg DSC_8195.jpg DSC_8194.jpg DSC_8218.jpg DSC_8221.jpg DSC_8219.jpg DSC_8210.jpg DSC_8211.jpg DSC_8213.jpg DSC_8215.jpg

Still a very nice and saturated colour despite medium green. I would also like to praise the cut, looks very well cut and precise~

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Still a very nice and saturated colour despite medium green. I would also like to praise the cut, looks very well cut and precise~

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results