shape
carat
color
clarity

Delukring... Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I''ve decided that I''d love to actually meet everyone here instead of just reading all your posts!

I met my boyfriend in my very first class at college. I was dating another guy at the time, whom I broke up with shortly thereafter because I realized that we had nowhere near the chemistry that I had with this new guy. I had a huge crush on the new guy for awhile, but was completely oblivious to the fact that he liked me too (despite the fact that he asked me out a few times... I''m really not sure how I missed it!)

Anyway, we finally got together January 2006, and we''ve been together since! He graduated in December and is doing his Master''s, and I''ll graduate next December. We''ve recently been talking more and more about engagements and marriage, (granted, I''ve been thinking about it for like two years at this point...
9.gif
) and last weekend he took me ring shopping!

He''s said that he''s ready to get engaged, but he''s got to work on saving money... from what he''s said, I''m hoping for a proposal before I graduate!

I guess partly I''m joining because I can share my excitement here! It seems like all of my friends fall into two camps:

1. Already engaged and jumping right into marriage at 21 or 22, and thinking we''re insane to be dating already for three years, and still planning to put marriage off for another three!

2. Thinking we''re absolutely insane for talking about getting engaged when we''re 21/22! I have a few friends in long-term relationships, but they''re still not really thinking about the next step.

So... that''s my story. I just want some place to be excited and talk about sparkly things with other people who understand my obsession (with our lovely SOs and diamonds both)!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, Somegirl!
35.gif

Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Any ideas on the type of ring you''d like? Pics, perhaps??
31.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome somegirl!!
35.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Yeah to another delurker! Welcome aboard!
9.gif

How was your first ring shopping experience?

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
Hope we offer the help and support you need!
1.gif

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the Board.
1.gif
I can totally relate to how you said your friends are in the two categories because that''s exactly how it is with me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!!
35.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! SO and I are almost in the same position as you and your SO except a couple years older - but I can definitely relate to having a group of friends who thinks we''re crazy for not being engaged after almost 3 years and another group of friends who thinks were crazy to be preparing for marriage. You''ll find a good home here, I assure you
2.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I love that there are people here who understand exactly what I''m going through.

elledizzy5: I really like princess cut stones, though when the ''Would you ever cheat...'' thread came up, I realized I have a secret crush on Asschers... I guess I just really like the square shape. As for settings, I''m pretty simple... I like the x-prong solitaires, I guess.

iheartbora: Technically second shopping experience... I dragged him once, and it wasn''t that great because it was clear that he was kind of anxious and not really that into it. But this was really... I dunno, nice isn''t a strong enough word. It was exciting. And he made my heart a melt a little bit with his concern...
30.gif

Anyway, thanks for all the welcoming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results