shape
carat
color
clarity

Delicate half bezel setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site, or show me any examples of a delicate looking half bezel setting. I''ve seen quite a few on this forum and on websites like Blue Nile, but while they''re lovely I really want the same/similar style but with a thin band and very thin half bezel around the diamond, keeping the open space beneath the diamond. It''s probably going to have to be custom made but I would like to see an example of something similar if there''s anything out there.

Thanks for any help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you describe sounds like a girdle setting ("keeping the hollow space under the diamond") like Tiffany's Lucida bezel... Those are not 'half bezel' most likely because the structure would not held in one piece if they were, but allot of the stone shows off!

If I am remotely right, you may want to inspect THIS website and look for the 'Hallo' settings
1.gif

Thin bands and semi bezels do not seem to make good house together, but THIS could be yet another exception... and there are more models where this one comes from.

Besides, there is one being made in full PS view (LINK ) you might find close enough.

Hope this helps

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Hi,

thanks a lot for these - I like the thinness of the bezel of the Halo ring in the first link (now I'm assuming here the the 'bezel' refers to the actual gold or platnium that encircles the diamond). When I refered to keeping the space under the diamond I didn't mean a complete gap down to the finger, there would still be the band underneath...oh dear this is very hard to explain! Essentially I'm after something like the low halo ring, but with the band underneath the diamond and in a half bezel?

I really like the ring in the second link, but with two bezels not four. The last link to the three stone ring on this forum is lovely, the setting of the centre stone is what I'm after, just a slightly narrower band and a thinner bezel!

So I don't think that there is anything out there which is exactly what I'm after - is there some reason why half bezels are usually quite heavy? I can understand that it relates to proportions, which is why I want a thinner band and a thinner bezel - they need to balance each other out. Is there a safety reason for it - although I can't see why there would be, as surely even a thin bezel setting would be as safe or safer than prongs? If diamonds can be tension set then a thin bezel shouldn't be a problem?

confused.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
royalcrown10.jpg

3004279.jpg

This is the closest thing I could find. I get what you are after, might be a custom order job. Basically it sounds similar to a thin band tension set but with the band continuing underneath the diamond.(see below)

tr122-olym-cam.jpg

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Ok this is as close as I can find to thin band...if I am understanding correctly you want this look but with half bezel and band continuing on correct?

horizonwholesale_1790_365780038

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
www.dimendscaasi.com

3mm band custom made
1A3F_large.jpg

JennaJ

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much - the last picture is almost exactly right, definately the closest I've seen to how I imagine I want my ring to look. Will probably still have the band a little bit narrower (but not as narrow as the second photo), this is the type of picture I was after to use as a guide.
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results