shape
carat
color
clarity

Deletion of our own posts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, I''ll accidentally reply to the wrong thread, and I would like to have the ability to delete my own post to that thread. Instead, I have to go back and edit my post to say "ooops wrong thread" or something like that. I''m sure people would like to be able to delete their own posts as part of the editing period. How does everyone feel about having that option?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure I like it.
I have seen it abused on a lot of forums.
It also depends on how the board software handles it, some software actually deletes the post and other software just hides it and mods/admins can still see it.
If it deletes the post then that is a disaster waiting to happen.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strmrdr,
I have no problem with the mods being allowed to still see the deleted post. I think I would only consider it if that were the case then. You make a very good point.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would also be nice to be able to delete photos in posts, for example if you upload the wrong picture by accident.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2009 10:29:37 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It would also be nice to be able to delete photos in posts, for example if you upload the wrong picture by accident.
This would be nice to have, especially if its the wrong photos or too large and for some reason I have to move my cursor to show the entire photo, I thought you couldn't upload a rather large photo post anyways?... sorry maybe off topic.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like this idea. I know other forums do this. It would be nice to retract something if you go back and think what you''ve said is wrong, or a double post. Whatever the situation...

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion.

At this time, if anyone ever feels that they have posted in the wrong thread or posted a thread in the wrong section, we are happy to delete the post or move the thread. Just use the "Report Concern" button to let us know about it. We are here to help.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 8:37:30 AM
Author: Ali

At this time, if anyone ever feels that they have posted in the wrong thread or posted a thread in the wrong section, we are happy to delete the post or move the thread. Just use the 'Report Concern' button to let us know about it. We are here to help.

Just FYI: I can vouch for that. I had to ask Ali/Andrey once to delete a few pictures of my EARS that came out soooooo HUGE in the post that it was 100% totally embarrassing!
14.gif
It was on one of my studs threads. Can you imagine???! The. Ear. was larger than life and twice as SCARY!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
) Ears simply should not be magnified to that particular degree, and them posted on a international public forum!!!
2.gif
Haha!

Anyway, Ali and Andrey were awesome about deleting that for me upon request. (Thanks again, guys!!)
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2009 9:30:26 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 9/14/2009 8:37:30 AM
Author: Ali

At this time, if anyone ever feels that they have posted in the wrong thread or posted a thread in the wrong section, we are happy to delete the post or move the thread. Just use the ''Report Concern'' button to let us know about it. We are here to help.

Just FYI: I can vouch for that. I had to ask Ali/Andrey once to delete a few pictures of my EARS that came out soooooo HUGE in the post that it was 100% totally embarrassing!
14.gif
It was on one of my studs threads. Can you imagine???! The. Ear. was larger than life and twice as SCARY!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
) Ears simply should not be magnified to that particular degree, and them posted on a international public forum!!!
2.gif
Haha!

Anyway, Ali and Andrey were awesome about deleting that for me upon request. (Thanks again, guys!!)
36.gif
Lynn- I think I missed that thread...but lol you''re too funny. and yes, Thank you Ali/Andrey for always being so prompt to my " report concerns" or deletion of threads.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Ali/admn for deleting my wrong post not long ago
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results