shape
carat
color
clarity

Delayed gratification is too hard

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Update: SOLVED!

A big storm hit the east coast of the United States yesterday, and water began trickling in from multiple places. TL;DR We need a new roof.

So, that's any money left over from the darn kitchen.

Even I rate my ability to stay warm, dry, and safe (as well as protecting a substantial asset) above Buccellati. Forgive me, jewelry gods.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A big storm hit the east coast of the United States yesterday, and water began trickling in from multiple places. TL;DR We need a new roof.

Even I rate my ability to stay warm, dry, and safe (as well as protecting a substantial asset) above Buccellati. Forgive me, jewelry gods.

It certainly was a monster of a storm around me. I'm sorry your roof leaked. I hope nothing was damaged indoors. Are you putting on an entire new roof, or adding a second layer of shingles (if you have shingles)? I know that sometimes the second layer is used which I think saves some funds.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Oh no! That is a bummer on a kitchen level and a bracelet level.

To answer the original question, imagine how you will want more jewelry in the future, so by not buying the bracelet now, your future jewelry-wanting self will have something ready to choose.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
It certainly was a monster of a storm around me. I'm sorry your roof leaked. I hope nothing was damaged indoors. Are you putting on an entire new roof, or adding a second layer of shingles (if you have shingles)? I know that sometimes the second layer is used which I think saves some funds.
I am embarrassed to say that I don't exactly know, but probably replacing the roof. Our contractor, who will be installing our new kitchen, sent over a roofer he works with, and the roofer says we need a new roof. Which I already suspected, since the gutters are full of grit (choked) from the asphalt shingles, and the shingles usually self-destruct at the end of their useful life.

The leaks have discolored ceiling plaster, which will have to be repaired after the leaks are no more, but no major damage.

Crikey. I thought the kitchen was expensive. Kitchen + roof is staggering.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! That is a bummer on a kitchen level and a bracelet level.

To answer the original question, imagine how you will want more jewelry in the future, so by not buying the bracelet now, your future jewelry-wanting self will have something ready to choose.

Oh believe me I haven't given up *at all* on my bracelet. It has merely been postponed, admittedly for a long long time. But I am realistic, and thus can prioritize the roof; and I am also patient, and can continue to hope and plan for the bracelet. Sometime.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh believe me I haven't given up *at all* on my bracelet. It has merely been postponed, admittedly for a long long time. But I am realistic, and thus can prioritize the roof; and I am also patient, and can continue to hope and plan for the bracelet. Sometime.

Oh goodness, I know the costs of roofs! If you had roof damage, would your homeowners insurance pay? Ours has 3 times!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness, I know the costs of roofs! If you had roof damage, would your homeowners insurance pay? Ours has 3 times!

We will check with the insurance company, but I fear since effectively the whole roof is failing, it can't be blamed on the storm - and insurance doesn't really cover that the previous owners were deceived (elderly people who bought a roof that wasn't really properly installed - insufficient nails, etc.) and thus what ought to have been a 30 year roof has lasted 15.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results