shape
carat
color
clarity

Defeated. And just... tired. Need Career advice.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear that you're continuing to have health issues and that you're feeling so defeated right now. I have experienced chronic pain and I know that it is debilitating, both to the mind and the spirit. I hope that you can work something out with your office so that you can focus on getting better and then returning to work when you're ready. Lots of hugs to you...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I had no idea. I think like most things in life you are going to have to grieve. Feel whatever feelings you need to feel. Is moving to a city with a lower cost of living an option?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
You've gotten some great advice, I really have nothing to add, but wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.

Being sick is hard enough as it is, but I'm sure the stress that comes along with it (making changes in your life) is making it that much harder. I'm really sorry.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I don't really have any advice, but I wanted to offer a hug to you. I hope you find some answers. Perhaps you could look into doing a job that lets you type for a doctor's office/hospital? Or Grant writing? I also had a friend who was able to get on editing papers for the local university.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodness, that all sounds very scary and frustrating indeed!

Perhaps it is time to consider the more drastic options to improve things?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any words of wisdom or advice to offer; I wish so much that I did. I wish that I could give you a great big hug. I will be thinking about you and trying to brainstorm some good ideas to come back with.

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I just want to send you some hugs. I won't pretend to know what you are going through and I'm afraid I don't have any great advice but I am thinking of you.

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,
I'm so sorry you are going through this. The suggestion of getting a referal to one of the teaching hospitals is great. You are a strong, wonderful, inspirational woman and I love reading your posts. You help so many other people, now you need to take care of yourself.
Lots of hugs and positive thoughts!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy, I just wanted to pop back in to say I've been thinking about you and I really hope you can find some relief soon. If I knew you IRL I'd be on your doorstep with flowers, your favorite junk foods, and an armload of chick flicks. (Or whatever other distractions would help to ease some of your anxiety for the time being.)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. If there's any power in positive thoughts, they are coming your way. Hang in there.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh Gypsy, I am so sorry you are going through all of this right now :(sad . Just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and sending you lots of healing dust.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1307633207|2941659 said:
Goodness, that all sounds very scary and frustrating indeed!

Perhaps it is time to consider the more drastic options to improve things?

Ditto DD. I would worry first and foremost about getting your health under control. I think once you've stabilized then you can worry about your career options. I would imagine a career change would be even more stressful at this point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results