shape
carat
color
clarity

Deep brain stimulation -- anyone have experience?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate the waiting game in hospitals. I know everyone is doing the best that they can, but not knowing what is going on, what you are dealing with, or what to expect is the worst. I hope that the worst is over and that she will be on the mend soon. Sending hugs and dust your way.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got the best news ever just a couple of hours ago. There is no brain infection!!! She has a "surface infection" ( I think where the wires corroded down and wore through the skin, possibly more. Not clear on that.) so needs oral antibiotics. She is VERY lucky.

She is probably heading home tomorrow. We'll see. I was with her when the doctor came in with the news. She was so excited and wondered if the hospital would allow her to use a phone to call Grandpa. I pulled my cellphone out and got him for her. The giant smile on his face showed all the way through the phone. He wore her wedding ring (the one I had repaired for her last year) for the first few days and then pulled it off and asked her to marry him. Super sweet!

As horrible as this has been, there have been so many funny, sweet, and just memorable moments that I have been blessed to make.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got the best news ever just a couple of hours ago. There is no brain infection!!! She has a "surface infection" ( I think where the wires corroded down and wore through the skin, possibly more. Not clear on that.) so needs oral antibiotics. She is VERY lucky.

She is probably heading home tomorrow. We'll see. I was with her when the doctor came in with the news. She was so excited and wondered if the hospital would allow her to use a phone to call Grandpa. I pulled my cellphone out and got him for her. The giant smile on his face showed all the way through the phone. He wore her wedding ring (the one I had repaired for her last year) for the first few days and then pulled it off and asked her to marry him. Super sweet!

As horrible as this has been, there have been so many funny, sweet, and just memorable moments that I have been blessed to make.

yaywoohoo.gif

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! you know as Slick said her jaw was hopefully healed and it's VERY hard for antibiotics to bridge the bone and it did for Slick so I think HAD it hit her brain she would have been a lot sicker TPatient, so having this confirmed is the best news possible!

YOU are a wonderful granddaughter!

:wavey::appl::love::love:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel horrible. I should have stayed last night. I had a bad feeling and I should have listened to it. Grandma had a BAD cna last night. I got in this morning and saw her "care" first-hand. The rest that I heard had me in tears. We will be finding out how to file a complaint.
(In addition to the high praise for several spectacular ones we were already going to call out!)

Reactions: AV_

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel horrible. I should have stayed last night. I had a bad feeling and I should have listened to it. Grandma had a BAD cna last night. I got in this morning and saw her "care" first-hand. The rest that I heard had me in tears. We will be finding out how to file a complaint.
(In addition to the high praise for several spectacular ones we were already going to call out!)

Oh I’m sorry. Having spent a combined three weeks last year in hospitals I feel you. Some awesome care, some abysmally terrible. Find the manager of the nursing staff. I had to as well and things got done then. Don’t beat yourself up. You need to sleep well and stay healthy to take care of grandma. Be well. ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh @TooPatient please don't beat yourself up. You are doing everything you can be doing and your grandmother knows how much you love her and she is lucky to have you. You cannot be there 24/7 and you need to make sure to take care of yourself too or you won't be any help to your grandma if you get sick. Sending you and your grandmother lots of healing vibes and gentle (((hugs))).

ETA: I should have just ditto'd what @Slick1 wisely wrote.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results