shape
carat
color
clarity

Dee officially has a VENUE :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I haven’t been allowed to say anything until the deposit has been paid (just in case) but as it was paid this morning it is official – WE HAVE A VENUE
41.gif
a lovely winery. It took us forever to settle on this one as it wasn’t anything that I or he was after (and still isn’t, but what I want just doesn’t exist here). I swear FI and I looked at 4millon different places and most of them had something really wrong with them (menu’s, wine, cleanliness or just plain ugly) but this is the only place that has come anywhere near our minimum standards – and it is CLEAN which has been a major point of contention for me (and him when I have pointed it out) when viewing properties.

So without further adieu pictures...

The resturant

insidetheresturant.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
the lake next to the ceremony site

lakeview.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
the ceremony site

thelagunabetteview.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
For Miss Freke - Wallabies that run around the site, this one was such a poser :)

itsawallaby.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
some of the landscape

and thats it :).

landscape.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Dee, I LOVE it. What a gorgeous place for you wedding. I love the lake and the winery is beautiful. You will have beautiful pictures taken there. The little wallaby is way to precious for words.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Finding the venue was really hard for me too, and I just want to give you props for finding such a beautiful spot!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That scenery is beautiful, your wedding will be stunning. And I love how you say it''s clean -- that would be such a point of contention for me, too!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Awesome site!!! I love the ceremony location!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Linda Thank you :), I fell in love with the wallabies there were two there one ran off of and this one struck a number of poses (I like to call that particular on his I am Australian pose) and I managed to get quite close - I have seen pro shots from there and there is lovely places in and around to take shots.

tropiqalkiwi Thanks :) Funnily enough it was the first place we visited, we originally discounted it because it was too close to home and we wanted a semi-desitination wedding but that was not to be so we figured why not - it is starting to get more and more popular around here so I am glad we got a date :), the place has a fantastic rep for service, food and wine which was really important to FI and I.

mscushion I know it sounds terrible to mention the cleanliness as a selling point but so many venues we viewed were dirty some more then others one in particular had beautiful gardens but inside made me feel like I would get bedbugs if I stayed there, the bridal changing room again was something else in a not good way. What got me was these were some of the more exlusive, higher cost venues in and around the area and they really lacked an important standard but it seems people don't notice or don't care because they still book up. Thank you for the kind words, I got called bridezilla more then once from friends because apprently my standards were too high.

lliang_chi Thank you The ceremony site is just lovely, my terrible pictures do not do it justice it is so peaceful and removed from the world, we haven't decided for sure to have it there but if we do a garden ceremony that will be the place :).

Thank you ladies for the kind words, I feel so relieved that this is done :).

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! It looks lovely. I really like your ceremony cite. Congrats. This is such a big step in the planning process.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to attach this is where the cocktail hour will be, it looks much nice when set up :)

thecocktailhoursite.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mayachel it does feel like a great weight off our shoulders
36.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
lovely! with all that great scenery, you''ll get some beautiful pictures!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) thanks Doodle I have seen some pro shots from there and they look amazing :).

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Dee that looks very nice! I think that it will photograph lovely and will turn out really nice for an outdoor ceremony if thats what you guys decide on!

Btw where about are you? Im in queensland!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Supergirl thanks :), alot of the prettiness is lost in the small photos.

I am in QLD too :) who knew

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I especially love the ceremony site, just gorgeous.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! Everything looks so gorgeous!!! I love the wood beams and all of the light that comes into the reception room. Can I come??
31.gif
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thats great news that the deposit has been paid and you have a date! Congrats! It looks great.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous. What a beautiful view of the water.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dee, it''s gorgeous!! I love it!!
30.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I came back for another look. Gosh, I wish I had a venue like that already. Exactly what I''m looking for... it''s so pretty.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! I LOVE the little wallaby!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yay Dee! So happy you finally found something you like.
36.gif
And it''s beautiful too!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It really looks beautiful!!!! Congrats deelight!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want more wallaby pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Your site looks great, and the wallaby photo is hilarious. Hooray for having a venue!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Deelight, congrats on securing a venue
36.gif
I''m sorry you and FI had such a difficult time finding something you liked, but it looks like your patience paid off ''cause your venue looks lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results