shape
carat
color
clarity

Dee Jay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it''s only wednesday - but have you heard from JK yet on your ring? Is there an update?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wondering too, thanks for asking.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent him an e-mail yesterday asking what Kelege had to say, but no response. Calling over there is useless; he''s always with a customer and the two times I''ve left messages they''ve never been returned. I plan to stop by this afternoon on my way home (it''s FREEZING here and there''s nothing I would rather have to do than walk totally in the opposite dirction of my house to track down my jeweler -- NOT!) so maybe I''ll have an update tonight.

The good news about all this (if ther IS any good news) is that I''ve been wearing my eternity band and my sapphire a lot and I suddenly have a new fondness for them, LOL.

Thank you gals for thinking of me. I promise I''m not holding out, there''s just nothing to report yet...
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, is it like totally out of the question to just call Kelege? If not, that''s what I''d do. In fact, I''d call anyway, all they can do is not let you talk to him. Unless of course you have no phone number...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I have thought of that but I am trying to give him a chance to help me fix this problem. (If that makes any sense.) I think he does want to work with me and I don't want him to feel like I've just disregarded his postion in this transaction by going straight to the source.

That being said, if I don't get some satisfaction out of my discussion with him today I am calling Kelege.

ETA: By "he" and "him" I mean the jewler. I wasn't sure if that was clear once I reread my post.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you call jack directly or request to talk to him?

ETA okay never mind this - but now that I'm thinking about it how do you pronounce kelege? I always say klee-ghee (soft g?) but now I'm wondering if it's more like kel-edge LOL

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, I hope you hear something...i'll be looking for an update...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pronounced like this: ka-leg (leg = ledge minus the "d" if that makes any sense!).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:01:47 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
It''s pronounced like this: ka-leg (leg = ledge minus the ''d'' if that makes any sense!).
thanks LOL good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 1:43:40 PM
Ellen, I have thought of that but I am trying to give him a chance to help me fix this problem. (If that makes any sense.) I think he does want to work with me and I don''t want him to feel like I''ve just disregarded his postion in this transaction by going straight to the source.

That being said, if I don''t get some satisfaction out of my discussion with him today I am calling Kelege.

ETA: By ''he'' and ''him'' I mean the jewler. I wasn''t sure if that was clear once I reread my post.
I totally understand what you''re doing. And it''s probably best.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you get some info...it''s frustrating not knowing anything!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, out of sheer frustration of not knowing anything, and I might have to work late so I couldn''t get there before they close, I called the jeweler. He was with a customer. I left a message.

I''m starting to sound like a broken record here... with a customer... left a message...

And I just read through Allycat''s threads about when her ring went back to Leon just for something as simple as resizing and ended up all messed up.

Argh!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, hang in there, and try not to borrow trouble.
2.gif

I know, easier said than done....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for g*d's sake...

The jeweler just called me back (miracle of miracles!) and said that he called Kelege and they were going to see if it had come in yet. (?!?) The jeweler said it went via Brinks and it has been A WEEK so he can't imagine that it's not there but he'll let me know when he hears back from Kelege.

Big big big sigh...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, at this point, I see nothing wrong in calling to make sure the ring got there.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for updating us. i know this is very frustrating for you. maybe tomorrow will bring some answers.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well there is some progress. Jack Kelege just called the jeweler and read him the riot act for the lousy setting job that had been done with my stone and that the progs were all screwed up. Jack seems to feel that redoing the prongs and getting the stone set properly will take care of my problems (plus of course doing the milgraining on the traps and fixing the three melee stones that had become dark) will make me a happy camper. Let's hope he's right.

I asked for a time frame on getting it back but the jeweler hadn't asked. His comment was that Jack likes to turn things like this around quickly so they don't linger in his shop. (Translation: I'll be calling at the end of next week if I haven't heard from them by then, LOL.)

Also, I asked what I was going to be charged for all this and the jeweler said "we'd work it all out." Not sure what that means in $s but I'll feel in a better position to negotiate (if necessary) once I have my ring back. The jeweler is a very nice guy, and my girlfriend and I have put a nice dent in our wallets in his shop, so hopefully any charges will be minimal (or at least reasonable).

Sorry for the long winded post but I just wanted to updae everyone since you had been nice enough to ask yesterday.

(I gotta be honest though, I still don't feel 100% fabulous that all this is gonna fix my empty corner problems...
40.gif
)

I'll also post this over in the thread I started in Rocky Talky since so many people were kind enough to offer advice as I was agonizing over what to do with this thing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, great news!! I HOPE it comes back just the way you want it.

So glad to hear about the "riot act" = your suspicians confirmed.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah, he sounded a bit abashed over the job the setter did. I tried to be very gracious about it though and not dwell on it. Something to the effect of "all''s well that end''s well" -- but he ain''t never gonna set another one of MY stones, LOL!)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Aww Dee*Jay,

My ring is cursed so you''re definitely not going to have as much trouble as I did!

I know how you feel that maybe the resetting stone job might not solve the empty corner syndrome, but sometimes a little asthetics can change the way a peice looks dramatically. Keep your fingers crossed. And if the empty corner syndrome is still there after they fix it, then I''m sure Jack Kalege will work with you. After all it''s a monster stone, and his settings are monstrously expensive so it''s in his best intrest to work with you.

Hang in there (although I do think you should try and talk to Jack Kalege personally if possible) so you can get all your questions etc., answered promptly. It seems that the jeweler (although very nice) may not be giving you enough info and that might make the wait longer and more painful then need be.

Hugs! Hoping for a perfect resolution.

PS. This morning I was thinking of what the perfect size ring would be and I had this mental picture of that shot you took of your beautiful ring in the old setting. And I was thinking. Yup. That''s the perfect size.
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad that you finally have some news on your ring DeeJay! Keep the faith on these changes. Kelege is the expert and maybe the things he is doing will fix everything to your satisfaction. At least he agreed with you that there were problems with the way your stone was set. I will keep my fingers crossed for a speedy and happy resolution for you and your gorgeous ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update. I hope you get it back soon!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I sure hope that ''we''ll work it out'' means you pay NOTHING. You heard from Kelege himself that this repair work needs to be done because it wasn''t done properly in the FIRST place. I woudn''t pay a thing.

I hope the ring looks exactly like you want it to when it comes back....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any word??
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing yet...

I swear, if I could go back in time I would have kept my original 1.33 ct pear e-ring and been done with it...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 10:06:55 AM
Nothing yet...

I swear, if I could go back in time I would have kept my original 1.33 ct pear e-ring and been done with it...
Aww, it will be worth it, once it''s over. Kinda like having a baby.
9.gif

{{{hugs}}}

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 3:11:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Well, I sure hope that ''we''ll work it out'' means you pay NOTHING. You heard from Kelege himself that this repair work needs to be done because it wasn''t done properly in the FIRST place. I woudn''t pay a thing.

I hope the ring looks exactly like you want it to when it comes back....

oh I agree. it''s your jewelers fault it needed fixing in the first place, you shouldn''t have to pay anything..

i can''t wait for an update.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
DJ - I hope you get it back soon! Don''t these people know there are Pricescopers who selfishly want more pics?!?!

And, sorry for the slight thread-jack, but ...

MrsSalvo ~ did you ever get your diamond set? I feel like I missed out on lots of threads over the holidays (such as DS''s reset - I apparently missed something on that story), so forgive me if I''m behind-the-times.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results