shape
carat
color
clarity

Decorating! Let''s help with lighting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
So I'm really going more transitional, maybe a little mod and quirky (TRYING)....I got cute bell jar lamps for my hallway but they are just too small...So I need two new fixtures for each end of the hall.

I see a lot of designers (ok, maybe just Jeff Lewis on flipping out..LOVE HIS STYLE) use pot lights but I'm not going that route....I need something bigger and want it to be traditional but modern and a little formal...but not really....there is also an ugly attic door up on the ceiling so in a way, I'll be calling attention to it but there is no way around that...

OK, I guess the question is...pick one...I like them all...When I saw the first one I litterally said OH MY GOD out loud but don't know if it's accomplishing the goal...

What do you guys think..

Maybe #1 is too busy...

adler.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
maybe too formal but the space could be dressed down....I did dark brass hardware and I like mixing metals since the brown shade ties it in...?

eurofase.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
don''t love the "shade" since I read it''s more smudged than a herringbone pattern...but still like it

chateau.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have a classic oversized drum shade chandelier in the dining room downstairs and then also have an old school bell jar in the foyer so I'm kind of all over the place...in the 2nd story bath which is off of the hallway, I'm going to paint the walls, vanity and change hardware and get a fixture that you can't immediately see from the hallway...I love this...soooooo much....will NEVER be able to afford it.

But something like this may be in the bath off of the hall..

ether.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This is my inspiration for my bath right off of the hallway and visible....this is WAYYY too nice and fancy...mine will be an el-cheapo imitation but just to give you an idea of colors, etc....and the style I like e/t this is way too formal

candy.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
this is my bedroom (irrelevant and please disregard the bedding, etc, which is getting replaced)...

*** but that ceiling fan (what you can see of it) is also in a large bonus room at the end of the hall and clearly visible from the hall (so the fixture style should blend...I guess)...

ok, that's it. any advice?

bedr.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know moremoremore, but I think everything you''ve posted is beautiful. I can''t decide either.
40.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you suck.

face20.gif
face23.gif

Just kidding!

No, you must pick one LOL

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
As usual lady, I love everything you picked. I like fixture #2 the best.

Oooohhh. I love the fixture you posted for the bathroom. I''ve been thinking of putting a chandalier in my master bath.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
:) you're too sweet! I was totally leaning towards #2 too...I actually just learned that it's brushed nickel not shiny chrome...which is fine abnd probably makes it less fancy....I think it's about $125 which is very reasonable since the co that makes it makes some expensive stuff...

BTW, that's the coveted ETHER chandelier ... Here is the larger Ether 15S....

I think you should go for the larger 15S one since it's a steal at $15,000.00. Yes, that's right. That decimal is in the right place....For crystal and steel. Big whoop. The smaller one above is about 7-8 grand. I forget who makes an ok copy...If you google "Drops of Rain Chandelier" you'll see them...they range from like $200-$2000 I think..Not as cool, but cool enough LOL....I have a spot right outside the shower that would be perfect for it...like another shower with raindrops!

I'm also in love with the chrome disc one in that bathroom pic by candace olson but the name of it is NOOOO place on the internet...

ether15S.jpg

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 6:01:33 PM
Author: moremoremore
:) you''re too sweet! I was totally leaning towards #2 too...I actually just learned that it''s brushed nickel not shiny chrome...which is fine abnd probably makes it less fancy....I think it''s about $125 which is very reasonable since the co that makes it makes some expensive stuff...

BTW, that''s the coveted ETHER chandelier ... Here is the larger Ether 15S....

I think you should go for the larger 15S one since it''s a steal at $15,000.00. Yes, that''s right. That decimal is in the right place....For crystal and steel. Big whoop. The smaller one above is about 7-8 grand. I forget who makes an ok copy...If you google ''Drops of Rain Chandelier'' you''ll see them...they range from like $200-$2000 I think..Not as cool, but cool enough LOL....I have a spot right outside the shower that would be perfect for it...like another shower with raindrops!

I''m also in love with the chrome disc one in that bathroom pic by candace olson but the name of it is NOOOO place on the internet...
Wow I really liked that chandelier... until I saw the prices tag.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Tell me about it. I understand how some designer things are crazy expensive...maybe some of them are better made, and some just for the name....but I don''t know how the price of that can possibly be justified.....Maybe each bubble is hand blown? But still, $15 grand worth? I don''t know...

I wish there was a good copy out there...the Drops of Rain one is nice, but solid crystals and not so mod/cool!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Drops of Rain...

But I think it''s a little cheezy now that I see it again....

drprain.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
*pulling out checkbook to buy the BIG one* HAHA Yeah right! It''s not that lovely. I do love the idea of that fixture near the shower. What nice ambience that would offer. I don''t think the cheaper one is that bad. Have you seen it in person?

You''re getting me in the mood moremoremore!
31.gif
The decorating mood that is! I so need to finish this house. Speaking of ''the mood'' did the new mattress come?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
hahaha....I''m good at getting others to spend money..meanwhile, it takes me months to pick out a hundred dollar fixture
emteeth.gif

I say go for it LOL...

the mattress didn''t come yet...I think another 2 weeks...I''m soooo excited...i have a nice package of unopened sheets I''ll bust out then it comes! I''m looking for a super thick white bedskirt and can''t find one...the thin cotton ones looks bad...

and now you''ll be happy to know that I''m obsessed with my stair bannister...paint it black/brown or stain it? Ugh....

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m the same way. I''ll hamstring myself on a hundred bucks! Good luck finding a thick bedskirt. That combination is impossible to find. I have seen patterned white, such as corduroy or matelasse. Even pintuck. Just not solid. Though not white, I made mine because I wanted it to match my fabric headboard...And I wanted thick fabric. You could have it made if you don''t sew.

I vote to paint your banister black or stain it. Mine''s white with a white running board and a dark stained handrail. Don''t do white! It gets very dirty. For some reason the cat rubs his cheek on it and leaves a funky cat slobber residue.
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your style. Will you help me with my house?
3.gif
I like #1. It''s cool, graphic, different, but the shape is still somewhat traditional.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, what is your favorite online lighting site?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok, I pick #2!!!!

And the raindrop chandeliers are amazing. Wow.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hey MMM!

Love the new house.....and love Jeff Lewis
9.gif
I would love to have him do my house....he''s a nutjob but absolutely love his style.

My pick is #1 and #2 as the second choice.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey Libs! Glad to see you! Yeah, isn't Jeff's style awesome? He's a total freak and my husband actually watches the show because my husband thinks Jeff is reasonable and organized LOL....They both have a "touch" of OCD...My husband actually got out a tape measure to center a TV console between two windows!!

Thanks for the comments and pix guys! I'll let you know which I get...still have yet to order anything of course
face22.gif

That bathroom is by Candace Olson from Divine Design...she just makes me sick she's so talented!!! Mine will never be so nice SanDiego, but I think it's a good inspiration anyhoo...you nailed it...

Thanks for picking Freke LOL...now you feel my "pain" :) As a reward, it's two 15g chandeliers for you!

Miranda- everyone online was like Benn Moore black bean soup color for the bannister rail...so I got a quart and it's like just blah brown....the spindles are white but the kitties don't care for them...the rail is what I was going to paint...but that's too flat....problem is red oak doesn't take a deep stain....so I might end of exploring better brands then Minwax...they all come out too light....I'll take a pic when it's done! I want a rich dark brown to pick up the dark grain in the floor...

37.gif
eh, such problems...I really need to get a life and a more productive hobby

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
MMM - Where did you find that ceiling fan???

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here ya go my dear...got it at Home Depot...a steal at $120 I think...the blades are oak on one side (pictured) and brownish red (not too red) on the other which is what I use...I got an awesome $5.00 crystal pull cord from Lowes...I actually got about 3 of these even before we had our house bc I thought it was a super cool fan...I even saw it on HGTV's Color Splash I think at which point I started jumping up and down showing hubby who could care less LOL...It looks even better in person...I also have it in the kitchen....I'll try to get you a pic...edited...you can't really see it in my pic...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100403906&N=10000003+90045+501492+904#reviews

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Eurofase--just replaced several of our lights with that brand...and I love the raindrop, saw it IRL. Cool.

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Did you buy them at Holts? LOL...You KNOW I kid and luv ya girl LOL....I can't help myself ...naughty naughty!!! LOL....

There stuff for the most part is too pricey for me...but a few a reasonable...what ya think of that one with the brown shade? Too uptight? I want to be not so fancy and a little more casual that I usually go....

I saw some really nice lightings on Unionlightingandfurnishing(s?).com....not unionlighting.com...they don't tell you the manu names but they have some super cool stuff! I STILL haven't pull the trigger on a light...Shhhheeeeesssh!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2008 12:35:09 AM
Author: moremoremore
Did you buy them at Holts? LOL...You KNOW I kid and luv ya girl LOL....I can''t help myself ...naughty naughty!!! LOL....

There stuff for the most part is too pricey for me...but a few a reasonable...what ya think of that one with the brown shade? Too uptight? I want to be not so fancy and a little more casual that I usually go....

I saw some really nice lightings on Unionlightingandfurnishing(s?).com....not unionlighting.com...they don''t tell you the manu names but they have some super cool stuff! I STILL haven''t pull the trigger on a light...Shhhheeeeesssh!
HI:

I just knew ya were gonna say that....LOL...it really is the place to be....
9.gif

I like the shade--they had a very large one and I really thought it looked stylish.........they are good quality.....

cheers--Sharon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
YOU ARE FAB!!!! Thanks so much for the link! You are rignt...What a steal! I wish my hubby had the same reaction yours did. As I was jumping up and down excited, he was flaming mad because he now has to replace the ceiling fan that he just put up a wee bit ago...
38.gif
Kill joy...That fan is really great for the price! The one I have now in the MBR is...well, not ugly...but, certainly not perfect. And if it''s not perfect eventually it drives me crazy until it is gone!

Now if only I could find some coordinating fabric and wallpaper. Darn that Traditional Home magazine. There''s one room that I cannot get out of my mind. They used fretwork fabric on the walls and as roman shades. I love love love it and I want a similar look for my master bath. I just cannot imagine fabric on walls in the bathroom...Yick! I''ve been scouring Thibaut and Waverly for days. I spent the entire weekend holed up with decorating mags and swatches and catalogs.......Alas...Nothing perfect...YET! Ahhhh well, if I don''t find it for the master bath maybe I will find the perfect Ikat green or navy for the playroom!

Thanks again girlfriend!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LMAO at "killjoy" LOLOLOL....sounds like you have some awesome projects going on my dear!
My hubby is so oblivious that I ordered new faucets for the upstairs and he didn't notice...He was like what was in the package....I told him some knobs for the bathroom...lolololl...well, there KIND OF are knobs or handles on them :) I'm having the painters come in next week to get a room that had wallpaper ready to paint...hubby thinks I"M quite handy LOL..I'm a LITTLE sneaky...not a lot since they aren't charging a lot and I'm paying for it

I was just at this super cool wallpaper site online and don't remember the name...if I do I'll post...there is so much more online and then you can go see it in person.....yeah, fabric on walls is only for magazine spreads and socialites who never use the room :)

edited- I see you want it to match...yikes, no small fete...good luck!...In the event you were looking for a geometric, maybe you could paint it to coordinate the fabric for the shades? Sounds like a big project though..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results