shape
carat
color
clarity

DECO-somewhat-delighted-yet-heartbroken-update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a quick post to thank everyone who sent their condolences re: my sweet kitty Gracie''s passing on Tues. I very much appreciate your kindness & support & every single word & wish helped. Thank you!

I''d meant to come back & thank everyone individually etc but haven''t felt up to posting etc. HOWEVER, I didn''t want to leave anyone hanging re: the rabies outcome. The test was negative. THANK GOODNESS. That is a big relief. But it also brings up more questions. There were no obvious causes of death shown in her autopsy. She was a "perfectly healthy" cat. I''m worrying a lot about if I somehow caused it ... let her get into something toxic. The unknown. Worry for my other pets. We''re having some more analysis done -- but not doing the outrageous full tox screen. (1K!!!) The vet did say that maybe she "threw a clot" or had a stroke or just unexplained cardiac arrest. Whatever it was, it was f-a-s-t, so it *seems* she didn''t suffer at the end. And I know I gave her the best life I could for nine wonderful years. Her sister Clem is spending a lot of time sitting by the place it happened, as if she''ll find her there. They were constant companions for their whole lives. (Albeit sometimes warring companions). Since Gracie''s passing we''ve been keeping Clem in our room with us & T every night, so she''s not alone. (The boy cats are DH''s & she doesn''t like them too much -- though one is quite sweet on her.)

One more little piece of grace for Gracie. Just twenty minutes before her death, T had been doing something particularly cute on the sofa & I went searching for my camera for the first time since Xmas. By the time I got back, T had moved on ... but I noticed Gracie all curled up in the cat bed on the sofa next to me, where she''d spent most of the afternoon. So I took a half-dozen shots of her. As I took them I noticed that her fur seemed so very white ... whiter than it normally seemed in pictures. She was glowing. I chalked it up to the flash, the backlight, whatever & was happy to have some nice shots. Little did I know what was going to happen less than a half-hour later. I find that kind of unbelievable.

I haven''t been able to go back and look at most of the pictures yet ... too painful. But this is the one my DH uploaded for our families. Rest in peace Gracinator, our warrior princess. We''ll miss you always.

gracie123.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Deco,

My heart is with you....what a beautiful picture of your dear, sweet Gracie!
12.gif

Big hugs,

Lori

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deco,

I love that photo of Gracie. What a beautiful girl. I can only imagine how hard it is for you to look at photos of her, but over time it will get easier and you will be glad to have them.

Thats great news about the rabies tests. What a relief for you all. It still doesn''t give you answers as to what happened to your precious girl but at least you are all safe.

Sending you big hugs.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Deco, I''m so, so sorry. You must be so heartbroken. Gracie was a beautiful kitty. It''s so hard to lose one of our furry friends. My biggest hugs are coming your way.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
aw deco, i am so sorry, but it really seems like you gave her the best possible! i love the story at the end!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say I''m so sorry. I know how painful it is to lose a pet. I don''t know if you have kids but I don''t and my pets are my children. I''m glad she didn''t suffer. I''m sorry.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I''m so sorry! Gracie was such a beautiful cat! Hugs to you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed your earlier post because I''ve been at the beach this week, Deco. I am so very sorry! I have a sweet kitty that looks so much like your Gracie.

{{{{hugs}}}}

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear this news.
What a beautiful kitty she was.
((hugs))

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet fur baby. Lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

Just think, though, your little Gracie is up at Rainbow Bridge having fun with my little Koko and all the others while they wait for us. I am sure they are having a great time telling eachother stories about their human PSers.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks friends!
1.gif

Date: 4/17/2009 7:26:58 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
my pets are my children.
Ditto.
30.gif
2.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, deco, I didn''t see your other thread but I''m so sorry about Grace. What a beautiful kitty she was.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 7:51:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
Thanks friends!
1.gif

Date: 4/17/2009 7:26:58 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
my pets are my children.
Ditto.
30.gif
2.gif
Yup.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh deco, I am soooo very sorry. She was a beautiful girl.
Hugs,
Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,
She was a gorgeous lady. So very pretty. I am so sorry for your loss. Biggest hugs. xx Lisa

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about Gracie...what a beautiful cat and I love her name. I didn''t see your other thread. I still have a hard time when I think about losing my cats and dogs, so I understand what you are going through right now. Hugs...she was very lucky to have 9 wonderful years with someone who obviously loved her so much.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I somehow missed your earlier post. I"m so sorry
7.gif
Gracie was a beautiful kitty!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Deco, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and yours. But I am glad to hear that it wasn''t rabies and I think it was such a blessing that you took those pictures of her that day. It reminds me of the last time I saw my dog Buttons - I had gone home from college to visit and when I left, I forgot to say goodbye. I was at the end of the street when I realized it, so I turned around and went back to give her a hug and a kiss. Two weeks later, my mom called to tell me she was gone. I was so sad, but also so grateful that I had taken the time to go back. Once you are able to look at the pictures, I hope that they are a comfort to you.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Gracie. It is absolutely heartbreaking when we lose a beloved pet. My heart goes out to you

I know Gracie will always live on in your heart.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I''m so sorry for your loss.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco, I missed your earlier post but wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss. Gracie was a gorgeous girl and I''m so glad she had an awesome mom like you.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have no words, only sympathy. She was a beautiful girl and you are a fantastic mama. I''m so very sorry, I can''t even imagine how saddened you must be at her sudden death...I''m sorry there seems to be more question than answer right now and hope the additional analysis will shed some light on this tragedy. My heart truly goes out to you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your kitty :{

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am truly sorry...wishing you the best and peace during this heartbreaking time.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
What a gorgeous glowing angel. I am so sorry. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Mrs.2Artists

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Aaawww... So sorry to hear about your kitty! (((((HUGS))))

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deco, she was gorgeous. So sorry for your loss.
emrose.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my God, Deco! I''m sooooo incredibly sorry to hear about Gracie. I missed everything this week and am just now catching up. She was so lucky to have such a loving catMom.
7.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Condolences on your loss. Wish I could give you a big hug.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I am sorry to hear this...hugs to you, big ones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results