shape
carat
color
clarity

Decisions, Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've finally decided what to do with my brownish pink diamond. I went to the jewlery store near my home, and the guy that owned it definitely saw the pinkish cast to the stone and he saw my LOGR and said it would look awkward in there, so I decided to set my chocolate diamond in there with the prongs as they are now. He said that would look much better and be more striking. I did bring my gorgeous 18K WG Tacori style halo mounting in there though (that setting was nicer than the Tacori's I saw close up). This mounting is set with a half carat demantoid and around .7 carats of accent diamonds (nice quality too), but I'm getting bored with the stone in there, so he said the pink would fit much better in there and look great. He is going to build up rose gold prongs with rose gold wire for the stone, so I get my rose gold prongs afterall (YAY!!). He also weighed the stones. The pink weighs .52 carats and the brown I grossely overestimated. I thought it was over a carat, but it was so long ago when I bought it, I don't remember. It only weighs .81 carat. I think the Tacori-style ring would be more appropriate for a pinkish diamond anyways. Both rings will be done in a week and I'll post pics. I'm so excited!!
emotion-19.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woooohoooooo!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see pics!!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
YAY! How fun for you! I''ll be looking for those pics!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful to hear you are going ahead with the setting of some of those pretty diamonds! Looking forward to pictures!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my Tacori style mounting with the demantoid in it. The undergallery is circles like the Tacori galleries. The millgraining and workmanship are really nice.

demantoidsetting.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the front of it, and those white gold prongs are going to be replaced with rose gold.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Lord, TL - that setting is to DIE for!!!!!! I love it!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
trying to upload

demantoidsettingfront.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2008 8:14:35 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Dear Lord, TL - that setting is to DIE for!!!!!! I love it!!!!
Thanks Lauren,
I bought it last year as a "feel sorry for myself" present. It was really detailed and it was on sale!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How fun is that two have 2 new rings to look wear. I can''t wait to see the finished products. What will you do with the demantoid? Another ring or pendant?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2008 8:18:03 PM
Author: LisaRN
How fun is that two have 2 new rings to look wear. I can''t wait to see the finished products. What will you do with the demantoid? Another ring or pendant?
I''m not sure what I''ll do with the demantoid, but that setting wasn''t doing much for it because I realized it''s a stone that needs light underneath it to bring out it''s color better. It was very dark looking in that setting. I also need to use steam to clean it because of the way it''s made, and you can''t use steam cleaners with demantoids. I may do a pendant since it''s a soft stone. I''m sure it has many chips in it by now since I had it set a year ago.
7.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2008 8:12:50 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

This is my Tacori style mounting with the demantoid in it. The undergallery is circles like the Tacori galleries. The millgraining and workmanship are really nice.

Great idea to set the pink diamond in it! It will be so beautiful and romantic in that gorgeous setting!!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful I can''t wait to see the pictures.
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Those are going to be gorgeous! I can''t wait to see them!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you''ve found a great jeweller. I can''t wait to see both rings complete. Is the inner of the Tacori basket white gold? Could the inside (that won''t be seen) be rose gold plated? If so, it might make the pink really shine through the diamond. I have no idea if that''s possible from looking at your setting but thought I''d mention it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2008 4:08:08 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Sounds like you''ve found a great jeweller. I can''t wait to see both rings complete. Is the inner of the Tacori basket white gold? Could the inside (that won''t be seen) be rose gold plated? If so, it might make the pink really shine through the diamond. I have no idea if that''s possible from looking at your setting but thought I''d mention it.
No, it''s all white gold. I rather have it with just the rose gold prongs. I don''t want to completely take away from the natural color of the stone as well. That''s just me though (I''m a purist - LOL). I found this picture of a brownish pink stone in a completely white gold halo, and I thought it was still nice. I think the rose gold prongs will add the subtle touch it needs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=390001731553

By the way, I don''t know who this seller for this listing is. I just saw the picture and it reminded me of what I''m trying to accomplish with my stone.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds gorgeous, I also can''t wait to see the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results