shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemmal

Rough_Rock
Could you please help me with this decision. I recently purchased a tanzanite with beautiful body color. The problem is that the cut is a bit off. The bottom of the gem is off center. In a tanzanite, how important is the cut. Is body color or cut more important? Thanks all. You are a great bunch and I appreciate your advice.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not the one to ask about tanzanite, but I''d love to see a picture if you have one... I''m sure anyone who does know will also be curious to see pics. Sounds lovely!

What do YOU think? Is the stone pretty to your eye? Does it seem off just by looking at it....is it something that would bother you?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of gems are cut like that - with odd shaped bellies or slightly irregular. I''d read that the cutters do things like this to maximize/bring out the color of the stones. It''s pretty normal and not a direct indication of a poorly cut stone.

Now,
1.gif
where are your pics of said tanzanite?
9.gif

Scintillating...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it will also depend on how you want to set it.....if the pavillion is going to be visible, it might bug you. if its going to bezeled, then who cares?

movie zombie

ps pictures, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results