shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision time!! Which would you choose - ACA 3 carat!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I’ll get a video from Whiteflash Monday comparing my current stone with these two beauties! Liza said if you had these apart you probably wouldn’t notice much difference if looking at them independently. Which would you choose? Better color / smaller stone / tiny visible flaws or worse color / bigger stone / better clarity? I am sure I can’t go wrong either way but I am excited to seee them against my current I colored stone because then I will have a better sense of the color relative to what I’m used to (which looks perfectly white to me!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd choose the I because I can see the tint in a J face up. There have been at least a couple of people here who started with J ACAs and then upgraded color. The problem is that if you start with a 3.3 J and decide you'd prefer I color, it would be hard to go to a smaller stone at that point! The I color stone is still large!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I'd choose the I because I can see the tint in a J face up. There have been at least a couple of people here who started with J ACAs and then upgraded color. The problem is that if you start with a 3.3 J and decide you'd prefer I color, it would be hard to go to a smaller stone at that point! The I color stone is still large!

I must be super color blind because they look identical to me, lol! I actually notice the flaws in the I more, but assume that’s just because the picture is so large, probably invisible in real life!

I’m not colour sensitive and I’d 100% go for the lower colour and bigger size combo! I can’t really see the difference between I and J to be honest, as a rule. I think comparing them independently against your current stone is the best way to do things - not comparing them to each other. The J doesn’t need to face up as white or whiter than the I if it is comparable to your current stone, for example!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really should wait until you get the video of all three together (but I know its hard to wait!)

I agree with @diamondseeker2006 's logic at the moment...until you get the video and see otherwise.

Very exciting upgrade either way! (I'll be back when you post the video).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be super color blind because they look identical to me, lol! I actually notice the flaws in the I more, but assume that’s just because the picture is so large, probably invisible in real life!

Oh, I didn't mean I could see it in pictures. I can see it in real life viewing. I once ordered a pair of OEC studs and one was I and one was J and could easily see the difference. I don't think videos or pictures are all that useful for seeing color, personally, but it helps to see size differences. The higher the color, the brighter the stone appears (assuming the stones are well cut).

Certainly some people value size over color. That's just personal preference!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Oh, I didn't mean I could see it in pictures. I can see it in real life viewing. I once ordered a pair of OEC studs and one was I and one was J and could easily see the difference. I don't think videos or pictures are all that useful for seeing color, personally, but it helps to see size differences. The higher the color, the brighter the stone appears (assuming the stones are well cut).

Certainly some people value size over color. That's just personal preference!

Darn, thanks! I was hoping the video would help me see the differences. Oh well, I probably will just go with the I for peace of mind :). I am so impatient!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
It’s the J for me. I don’t think I’m very color sensitive and I appreciate the larger mm and clarity more than one grade up in color.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably choose the J, especially if it was a high J (closer to an I). I can see colour but it doesn’t bother me really and I would much rather have a slightly larger stone with better clarity.

Good luck:wavey:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
While waiting for video from Liza I thought I can share the picture of the 2.968 I-color linked above.

4D674DAF-D9F3-4C72-B227-513805B8566A.jpeg 550E345D-772E-4A61-8DA4-7BCF3DE3FC21.jpeg

I think in one of my thread there’s a side by side I and J comparison but a different stone. At that time I asked my SA to show me the J and this 2.968 I-color comparison but she said it’ll look the same like the one she just sent me.

Last edited:

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
While waiting for video from Liza I thought I can share the picture of the 2.968 I-color linked above.

4D674DAF-D9F3-4C72-B227-513805B8566A.jpeg 550E345D-772E-4A61-8DA4-7BCF3DE3FC21.jpeg

I think in one of my thread there’s a side by side I and J comparison but a different stone. At that time I asked my SA to show me the J and this 2.968 I-color comparison but she said it’ll look the same like the one she just sent me.

This is great - it doesn’t look as good as the H when compared but I wonder if when it’s sparkling in person if I would care?! What did you pick?

lavalle218

Rough_Rock

Sorry - just clicked on your profile and saw your gorgeous ring!!!! WOW! Just skimmed but is that a J? Are you happy? Tell me more!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
This is great - it doesn’t look as good as the H when compared but I wonder if when it’s sparkling in person if I would care?! What did you pick?

I didn’t get to see it in real life. And from 2 comparison pictures WF sent me there aren’t much difference between I and J but I don’t know if it’s more apparent in real life. I ended up with Canera Ideal Heart because WF doesn’t have a diamond I want.
Mine was 2.8 H VS1. I thought I was ok with J-color but it turned out I need to get H to be comfortable.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
J all the way for the size and the smaller table.

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
Updated here is the video and pics! My stone is the 1.31 and these are the two options. E60E72E7-A82A-4047-B799-C83326B6A72E.jpeg

Attachments

• 11FD769D-E573-446A-9C41-9EB1F78169A6.jpeg
    11FD769D-E573-446A-9C41-9EB1F78169A6.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 19

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a fabulous upgrade!

Well, I can see the slight tint in the J but probably because its next to the "I". From the pavilion angle the 2.98 "I" does look like it has a
little more tint than your stone but that's probably because its bigger? I dont see a difference between the bigger "I" and your stone
face up. I can barely tell any difference between the big "I" and the J face up. Just a wee more tint.

What are you thinking/seeing?

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
This is going to be a fabulous upgrade!

Well, I can see the slight tint in the J but probably because its next to the "I". From the pavilion angle the 2.98 "I" does look like it has a
little more tint than your stone but that's probably because its bigger? I dont see a difference between the bigger "I" and your stone
face up. I can barely tell any difference between the big "I" and the J face up. Just a wee more tint.

What are you thinking/seeing?

I am thinking the color difference is so minor that I need to go big and do the 3.3! I worry a tiny bit because I can see a bit of color relative to my old stone but between the two bigger stones, they look the same to me.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lavalle218 I'm no expert but I would say that I am generally color sensitive. I have looked at the pics and watched the video. I say J all the way!

lavalle218

Rough_Rock
I was sure people would immediately choose the I, so I am excited to hear the love for the J! It was more than my budget so I went into this thinking the I was the best choice for my budget and it’s a better color but when I saw the J, it just wowed me! My fingers are also large - size 7.75, so I’ve been super worried that a 3 carat will look small on my hand relative to all the beauties I see in this forum, so it also makes me happy to select a larger stone for more coverage. Decision made! Money will be wired in the morning! Going to be a long four weeks before it’s done!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not color sensitive at all, so I really don't notice the difference in color between I and J here. I would choose the J for the size bump!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I was sure people would immediately choose the I, so I am excited to hear the love for the J! It was more than my budget so I went into this thinking the I was the best choice for my budget and it’s a better color but when I saw the J, it just wowed me! My fingers are also large - size 7.75, so I’ve been super worried that a 3 carat will look small on my hand relative to all the beauties I see in this forum, so it also makes me happy to select a larger stone for more coverage. Decision made! Money will be wired in the morning! Going to be a long four weeks before it’s done!

Oh I feel you girl, big fingers here too! I'm really glad that you could get a 3.3ct :) lucky we are not color sensitive hehe. I'm really happy for you that you feel reassured here and can't wait to see your beauty! A 3.3ct won't look small at all!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

I've also get big fingers! Can't wait to see the 3.30 on your hand!

Lol I was about to say I think the J is whiter face up than the 3ct I :lol: so glad you’re going with the bigger stone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results