shape
carat
color
clarity

decision time.. please help:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I have narrowed it down considerably, and I am hoping some of the experts on here can shed a little light. Here are the stats on the first stone we are REALLY considering:

SI1/F
Polish/Sym/Proportions- AGS Ideal (Hearts and Arrows)
Depth: 60.2
Table: 57.2
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown Height: 15.2%
Pavil Angle: 40.8
Pavil Depth: 42.7%
Girtle: sl thick
culet: vsmall

it recieves a 1.4 on the HCA. The website lists "light return" as excellent, but under "brillianceScope" it lists "medium" for white light return, very high for colored light return, and "medium" for scintillation. Is this going to be a beautiful, sparkly diamond? I really love the site that this is on because they give so much information, I am just a teeny bit worried about the light return. This stone is around $7500. For this price, can I even get anything better?

Some feedback would be wonderful, I think we are going to purchase today!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds a good stone. Personally, I don't trust BScope 100% but the results look a little low. Anyway, I believe it will look nicer that all your friends' rings (unless they have posted here too
2.gif
9.gif
).
The numbers are very nice... What about the patter? Haveyou seen a picture?

Also, is this SI 1 eye clean?

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Hi Giangi! Thanks for the input! Yes, it is eye clean, I have seen pictures of it VERY close up (just to see the inclusions), and I have seen pictures of the Hearts and Arrow pattern under the scope, the Hearts and Arrows are clear, but there are quite a few light pink areas which I believe is light leaking out. This scope is the only thing holding me back right now.

I have seen quite a few other Hearts and Arrows on Pricescope listed around the same price range, but how do I know which ones will have the best sparkle and brilliance without seeing the Brilliancescope report??

Very confused.... But still thinking we might go for this stone
1.gif
twirl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Actually, when you look at those sites, you're looking at some of the most beautiful diamonds in the world, often far from what you could find in a mall.

Ok, I think I found it! It's on goodoldgold.com, right? Looks quite nice to me, and the color light is AMAZING! As I said, it is a nice stone, but I think you could do even better... It's all about research!
2.gif
3.gif

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Oh, Giangi, this is what I need to hear! I mean, we literally were doing the wire transfer in like two hours! I definitely realize it is much higher quality than a lot of the dealers here in the Boston area. I have been searching through sites for weeks, and really feel like goodoldgold definitely gives the best info. I just read that posting that Nate left about his stones, I hadn't even considered a J color, but I hear people saying on this forum that they appear very white if the are Hearts and Arrows, what is your opinion on this?

Also, on goodoldgold there are two others that are now peaking my interest (and a lot nicer to my fiance's wallet):

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_33ct_j_vs1_h&a.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_253ct_j_si1__h&a.htm

They both have "VERY HIGH" under all three for the brilliancscope, are these better choices for me? I just want a really beautiful, sparkly stone, that appears to be fairly white (that is why we were originally going for the F).

All input is really appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, I'd choose a higher color diamond, if I could.
I did a little research and I found a few nices stones that may suit your needs. I hope it's okay 4 ya.
1.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_21ct_g_si1.htm

This one is a bit smaller and slightly more expensive... It looks VERY beautiful, though!
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_06ct_f_vs1_h&a2.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/126cthvs2h&a.htm

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Giangi, thanks for the links to stones. We really don't want to go down to a 1.06, but on the 1.21, do you think it is worth going down one grade in color to have better performance on the brilliancescope?

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Also, Giangi, the 1.21 is not H&A, do you think it will still be more beautiful then the 1.25?

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
What about this one:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_23ct_h_si1_h&a.htm

Giangi, the brilliancescope is better on this one, and the price is about $1000 less?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I really like that H SI 1... Could be the one! What do ya think?
1.gif

phantom

Rough_Rock
Is it just me, or is this good old gold website super expensive. Yes, it is good that the diamonds are so closely analyzed but they seem a little pricey. Am I wrong about this?

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Giangi, I am thinking so, the brilliancescope is MUCH better, do you think that will make a considerable difference? The other stone really only has better color, but it is probably very slight...

SO, if you had to choose between all we discussed, in your EXPERT opinion, would you go with this one?

PS. I emailed Jonathan and Marie at GOG to see what their opinion is too since they are the only ones who can see the stones.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Good Old Gold does have diamonds they don't analyze quite as closely, but if you want the diamonds featured on their website you pay for that piece of mind. IMO, it's almost like having a pre-appraisal, and any professional appraisal costs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results