shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding on company for eternity

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
I want to use bgd or whiteflash for an eternity bc i want the most sparkly atones possible since i dont knwo fo i will wver get any other diamond jewelry.

Any comments on whether whiteflash or bgd are likely to have better stones or setting perfection for an eternity of 10-15 pointers? The pricing of one is significantly more than the other for the same specs of melle (their atabdard- which is supposed to be tops). This is for a closed basket eternity.

Also does anyone think the difference between 12 vs 15 pointers is noticeable? And again 10 vs 12? This is on a size 7.5 or 8 finger as a stand alone ring. No way i could afford more than that. Not even sure i can adford the 15.

Also is 2.4 to 2.6 depth between fingers good for that? If smaller pointers would be way more comfortable that woudl also be a reason to consider. I think 2.4 is approximate for the 12 and 2.6 for the 15 pointer. 10 pointer woudl be less.
Thanks for any insight?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any personal experience of either company but there are great reviews for both on here and I'm sure they would both be good choices. There are also many, many threads asking similar questions about stone sizes, it might be worth having a good search through to look at pictures. If cost is an issue (and in my view you should never buy jewellery if you think you can't afford it!) maybe you could consider a half-eternity style with 5 or 7 stones??

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1460017623|4016499 said:
I don't have any personal experience of either company but there are great reviews for both on here and I'm sure they would both be good choices. There are also many, many threads asking similar questions about stone sizes, it might be worth having a good search through to look at pictures. If cost is an issue (and in my view you should never buy jewellery if you think you can't afford it!) maybe you could consider a half-eternity style with 5 or 7 stones??

I would do a 7 stone. I also have larger fingers and I just can't justify the cost for a full eternity when you can't even see all of the stones - not to mention the stones palm-side are more easily damaged. I would use your budget and get larger/fewer stones. I would choose WF over BGD personally.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My WF 10 pt eternity size 8. Love the full eternity! In 4 years I haven't damaged a single stone. If I did, it's insured.

_2917.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv said:
Snowdrop13|1460017623|4016499 said:

I would do a 7 stone. I also have larger fingers and I just can't justify the cost for a full eternity when you can't even see all of the stones - not to mention the stones palm-side are more easily damaged. I would use your budget and get larger/fewer stones. I would choose WF over BGD personally.
Yes - another vote for 5 or 7 stone. Also, sizing up/down in the future is an option that you don't have when you go with an eternity band.

Since both vendors offer super ideal stones, I would go with the vendor that's cheaper.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am a size 7-7.25 on my right hand. I just tried on several different 7-9 stone rings with various sized stones a couple of days ago to confirm the size that I want before placing my order, also for a stand alone RHR.

I could definitely see a difference in the 10-12 pointer, and the 12-15 pointer diamond. To me the 10 pointer is too small for the presence that I would like. The 12 pointer looked amazing, in my opinion. What I am about to write is sacrilegious for most PS'ers, LOL-- The 15 pointers looked too big on me :naughty: Accounting for DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome), which I assume pertains to diamond bands as well as engagement rings, I concluded that 9 x 14 point stones would be perfect for me.

The 7 stone band using 15 point diamonds just irked me since too much metal showed on the sides for my taste.

Both BGD and WF have exceptional melee! You can't go wrong with either. The diamond in my e-ring is a BGD Blue diamond and I have a petite bezel set band by WF that is super sparkly and bright despite it's small size.

I wish that I had taken pictures, but I felt bad just trying on the rings there since I plan on ordering from another company.

I can't wait to see what you decide to do! :wavey:

Edited to add: The company that I am going to order my 9 stone band from is called Brilliantly Engaged. You can search for them on Pricescope also.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
thank you everyone for feedback so far! it is so hard to make decisions! while i probably should consider a half eternity, i just love how full eternities look. i have not contacted BE because i really want the best cut possible for peace of mind, but maybe i should call them and see if they have hearts and arrows too. i didn't think of getting a quote for 13 pointers of 14 pointers. i haven't seen those point sizes mentioned. was that point size suggested to you as a possibility? i wonder how much difference a point size or two makes in a ring quote? i believe for an eternity i need between 21 and 23 diamonds.

i appreciate everyone's concerns that i not pay what i can't afford. i guess what i mean is i will not go broke paying for it. i have been saving up over the last two years and can save up more over the next few months, but it is so much more than i usually pay for things. like i don't have other fancy jewelry besides my e-ring. i don't have designer handbags or take expensive vacations. i am usually so practical, as is my husband, and i feel so decadent justifying spending like 6 or 7000 on a ring. i can pay it, but it is all the discretionary money for a very long time. on the other hand, it is for a special anniversary and since i don't think i will ever splurge again, i want to get it right.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
April your 10 pointer wf ring is beautiful!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
BE will hand pick your stones if you request and does lovely custom settings. Asscher girl sees arrows in her melee. All the vendors listed are great. I just got a quote myself, they are pricy but you have to compare. I would go full eternity if that's where your heart is otherwise you may regret it. I like 10 pointers you can pair with other rings for stacking, April is wearing her WF ten pointer with her ering so thise size stones are flexible. Maybe size up, but not by too much so it doesn't stick out.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! If you want to splurge and only do it once, get the full eternity. There are dozens of us on here who have them and love them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results