shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding on colors for bridesmaids dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
When is your wedding?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 11:05:06 PM
Author: Liquiddazi
When is your wedding?
It''s August 25, 2007

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you go with the plum, the flowers would add an accent color (Ithink it''s les likely that you''d be able to get hydrangeas in a shade of plum). If you go with the navy, the hydrangias would likely give you another variation of blue and you''d have a more monochromatic scheme. So it''s a question of which you want... Re your parents concern about an overall dark theme... the plum is a little lighter/birighter but not much, and in any event your BMs will have a fair amount of skin showing since the dresses are sleeveless.

Good luck!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of having both colors and having the BMs alternate when standing up there with you :)

If not both colors then I honestly feel the navy would need more finessing to get right. I''d suggest having flowers in diff shades of blue and purple to help the navy stand out. And if the navy is that particular shade where people often have the ole "is it navy or black?" coversation, then that could get annoying. The biggest problem with navy, tho.....is havng a navy dressed woman stand next to a black tuxedoed man and see that difference. I am with you on the high school adage of never pairing navy with black!!!

If plum, in contrast, then the above problems won''t exsist and you''d be adding a beautiful punch of color to your wedding photos :)

One thing to consider about your venue. It''s a castle.......so does it have the beautiful stone walls inside or warm woods? If stone, then the navy will look very lovely...if warm woods, then the plum would just be to die for. My venue is a castle as well and has both so I chose vict.lilac which seemed to go with both materials AND my BMs skintones.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Something to keep in mind w/ flowers is that it is difficult to control mother nature and order up a flower color that "matches" any color, you are better off picking a color that you like and that will work within a color scheme and have flowers that compliment the dresses.
Flowers can be dyed (I had pink hyd. in my centerpieces and only me and my florist knew that they had been "sprayed") but I don''t know if I would recc''d that for bouquets and you don''t want it to be too matchy matchy.

I think that white/ivory/w/ a little lavender/purple etc- would look fine w/ navy and it would probably work w/ the plum as well.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Navy and black are so elegant, and with the ivory I think that would be very classy. I would also throw in a hint of gold. I tend to think of plum being more ordinary.

AbbyJean

Rough_Rock
hi!! i was searching for plum colored ties that would match the david''s bridal plum, and i stumbled across this message board! my wedding is march 17, 2007. my colors are plum and champagne and i love them! i am putting my vote in for plum. it''s all about color. i agree that the navy might be too dark, but that also depends on the fabric and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results