shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding between two lab diamonds!

CCMt

Rough_Rock
Hi fam, I'm deciding between the two lab diamonds. Since this is from online, I won't be able to see the diamond in person before I purchase it and won't be able to return it.

1. 3.5 ct E VS1 (10.36 x 7.19 x 4.73mm)
    • rarecarat link (I know it says unavailable but please ignore)
    • This seems like a great size, but in the 360 video, it seems like there may be a small chip/imperfection on the top right corner. Does that seem like it would be an issue?
  2. 4.07ct E VS1 (10.77 x 7.5 x 5.09mm)
    • rarecarat link
    • This is on the larger end of our range and we're concerned it may look a bit gaudy, although the quality seems great

Would appreciate any advice!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Hi fam, I'm deciding between the two lab diamonds. Since this is from online, I won't be able to see the diamond in person before I purchase it and won't be able to return it.

1. 3.5 ct E VS1 (10.36 x 7.19 x 4.73mm)
    • rarecarat link (I know it says unavailable but please ignore)
    • This seems like a great size, but in the 360 video, it seems like there may be a small chip/imperfection on the top right corner. Does that seem like it would be an issue?
  2. 4.07ct E VS1 (10.77 x 7.5 x 5.09mm)
    • rarecarat link
    • This is on the larger end of our range and we're concerned it may look a bit gaudy, although the quality seems great

Would appreciate any advice!

There is a zero percent chance the 4.07 is actually E color. It looks quite warm and it's IGI, so it's likely an H. The chip in the first photo could be covered with a prong. I have to be honest, I don't love either. IGI is okay for RB diamonds because they have such structured parameters for cuts, but with a shape like an emerald I'd try to find something GIA or GCAL certified. Step cuts need to be well cut and they show warmth easily (which is fine if that's what you're going for, but you're paying for colorless).

EClove

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to tell from those videos, but the first one looks to have a dead center - the facets aren't really flashing on and off, which could mean a dull diamond. Would it be possible to get additional images from the vendors? It looks like the return policy is 30 days - are you able to take advantage of this?

And I have purchased some 2.5ish carat IGI and GIA graded emerald cut diamonds, and the color on the GIA graded one (I) was much much warmer than the IGI graded one (H), so I personally don't have a problem with IGI stones as long as there's a good return policy.

Are other vendors an option? these ones might be worth asking for an ASET:

Last edited:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
There is a zero percent chance the 4.07 is actually E color. It looks quite warm and it's IGI, so it's likely an H.

Totally agree. It'll face up white enough but why pay for an E when you're not getting one? Neither stone have sharp, clear steps for my liking so please keep looking. @EClove suggested some nice ones. The bigger size Emeralds are getting harder to source due to popularity but with some patience you'll find the right one.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to tell from those videos, but the first one looks to have a dead center - the facets aren't really flashing on and off, which could mean a dull diamond. Would it be possible to get additional images from the vendors? It looks like the return policy is 30 days - are you able to take advantage of this?

And I have purchased some 2.5ish carat IGI and GIA graded emerald cut diamonds, and the color on the GIA graded one (I) was much much warmer than the IGI graded one (H), so I personally don't have a problem with IGI stones as long as there's a good return policy.

Are other vendors an option? these ones might be worth asking for an ASET:

The Adiamor options both look very lively! These are great options and seem very competitively priced for the size!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results