shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding between two emerald rings

Elisestern

Rough_Rock
Someone suggested I post this here:

My Dh is going to buy me an emerald and diamond platinum ring for our 10 year anniversary. I have wanted a rig like this for a long time, and wanted an emerald for my engagement ring, but, he went with diamonds. I am deciding between two rings I saw on eBay. The first is a Steven kirsch setting, though I read on another post that the emerald isn’t original to the ring and is meh. I am also concerned it might be too large for daily wear on my right hand. It is 18mm north to south.

6D333BD1-856D-45FA-9A51-51AF70229C5E.png

The other ring is an Art Deco ring and may be a bit more interesting, it is 14mm north to south which is a better daily wear size.

655284EF-66D2-43C5-9E62-9DDB12C87EE8.png

I think I like the first better, but I am concerned it’s too large and flashy. Any input welcome!!

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
From a design point of view I prefer the first one. The emeralds do look better in the second, but that could just be tricky lighting. Is it easy to make returns for change of mind?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First things first, Emeralds are a very soft gemstone and are not generally good for an every day wear ring. For example they can crack in hot water. So if you are going for an Emerald please make sure you know that.

The first Emerald you posted is not of great quality (sorry). It doesn't have the wonderful Emerald colour that you can get and it has a lot of jardin (ie the silky appearance). The design is good for a classic engagement ring but as you say, the Emerald is meh.

The Emeralds in the second ring look better (better colour, slightly less jardin) and I actually love the unusual 1920s design. I think this ring may be more suitable as a right hand ring but the Emeralds are still not great.

Do you know if the stones have been treated?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love love love the 2nd one
but i don't think an emerald is the best choice for an everyday ring

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can find much better quality stones than those shown here. I’d keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results