shape
carat
color
clarity

Decided to go custom. Which vendor would you recommend?

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
I have been toying with changing my setting for a year now but I never found a setting I fell completely in love with. There were different aspects of a couple rings that I liked and thought maybe it would be better to go custom. This ring I have formed in my imagination would be like the first ring with the halo and baguette side stones but I would like the halo to be a cushion shaped halo. My stone is a round 1 carat . However I would like the halo to be seamless and more rounded cushion halo. I don't want the cushion halo to be rectangular or sharp. The next two pictures are what I'm imagining. I also want the center stone and halo to still sit up higher so I don't lose that solitaire look. I was also toying with the idea to add pave diamonds on the rest of the band.

So a couple of questions. Does this ring sound doable? I've never seen a setting like it in person? Does it make sense that I don't want a square cushion halo and a jeweler would understand what I mean? I've tried on round halos but didn't really like them as much. Any issues I should be aware of with baguette side stones? Would baguette and pave diamonds and the halo be too much?

Lastly what vendor would you recommend for a custom setting like this but cannot do premium prices? Should I try to work with a jeweler online? I also have access to Quest Jewelers locally but wasn't sure if anyone has had experience with them doing custom work.

Thanks so much for any input and hopefully you didn't get a headache reading this. Also I apologize for not giving picture credits. These were pictures I admired and saved but didn't remember where exactly I saved them from and have a feeling they're from pricescope threads.

screenshot_79.png

screenshot_2016-12-01-00-23-40.png

screenshot_20161225-195017.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think you are trying to incorporate too many shapes into one ring. Round center stone, round halo stones but in a square shape with rectangular baguettes. I don't think it would be visually pleasing - don't mean to rain on your parade!

A round stone in a squarish or cushion shaped halo is certainly doable. A pave shank though would be more eye pleasing than placing baguettes along side the halo. You want the shapes to flow and be eye pleasing otherwise it just looks to hodge podge - if you know what I mean.

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the input! I'll try to visit more local jewelry stores. I've tried on a bunch of settings but there's still not one I've come across that jumps out at me. There's been a couple close ones but then I'd be like I'd like it more of the was different.. Or this.. Etc.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with MissGotRocks...there is a reason you've never seen this setting before. You are trying to combine too many things
from different styles of rings and the end result in my mind is not pleasing.

Instead of baguetts with a halo would you consider traps? They will flow much nicer with the side of a halo.

Here is a round halo with baguettes...still not a good combo in my mind
https://www.jamesallen.com/fine-jewelry/royal-halo/platinum-royal-halo-tapered-baguette-engagement-ring-item-41193?km_source=google&km_medium=cpc&km_term=39804913121&km_campaign=695782263&km_keyword=&km_adid=157182044070&km_account=shoppinglower&gclid=Cj0KEQiAnIPDBRC7t5zJs4uQu5UBEiQA7u5Ne_KPm1voFymBvHM8ut3zuSYCFOo3duq43IDivXJ3e7EaAubs8P8HAQ

Here is one with moons (I prefer traps) and a simpler gallery. Still a lot going on.
https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7876W83JJ/amavida

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results