shape
carat
color
clarity

Decesions Decesions !!

donny17984

Rough_Rock
Hey guys posted on here yesterday but thought I would post again as I have 2 diamonds to choose from both with ideal proportions and HCA scores below 2. They both are around the 13000 Australian dollar mark. I plan to put in a rose gold halo setting and was wanting to go as close to 1.5 carrot as I could with out jeperdising on the overall look.
One is 1.34 Carrot g colour and the other is 1.51 I colour. Please see photos for further details. Question is which one to get? Do I sacrifice a little colour for the bigger carrot or stick to 1.34 carrot for the colour. Been going around in circles and any help would be appreciated. Cheers

IMG_1301.PNG

IMG_1302.PNG

IMG_1303.PNG

IMG_1304.PNG

IMG_1305.PNG

IMG_1306.PNG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are going with rose gold I think going with an "I" makes sense. That would be my personal choice. The "I" stone also looks good. What is the grade making inclusion (since its and SI1)?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a relative size difference between the 2 stones on a size 5 1/2 finger.
134 151.PNG

donny17984

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sending that through. There really isn't too much difference between the two in size. I like the bigger of course though. The inclusions were on the outside of the stone so the prongs would be able to cover so it could be graded as a VS2 according to the Jeweller and from what I have read. What do you think?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is 1.51 eye-clean? I would take the 1.34 VS stone over a non eye-clean 1.51 (even if it can be hidden under a prong...just a mind clean issue).
There is not enough size gain to make me want to take a non eye-clean stone. If it was a fairly large gain in size then it might be worth it
to me but not .15 (but that's me).

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you seen them side by side? Your eye will be drawn to one or the other. I like the 35/40.6 of the 1.51 over the 35/40.8 of the 1.34. I also prefer the 75 lower halves of the 1.51 over the 80 on the 1.34. Your preferences may be different.

As long as the si stone is eye clean, you have two very nice choices there.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the lady, some women (often it's a cultural thing) want ice white diamonds others don't care and want the biggest that the budget will allow, so think about what she would prefer. I'm an Aussie as well :wavey:so welcome.

donny17984

Rough_Rock
I think it depends on the lady, some women (often it's a cultural thing) want ice white diamonds others don't care and want the biggest that the budget will allow, so think about what she would prefer. I'm an Aussie as well :wavey:so welcome.
Is 1.51 eye-clean? I would take the 1.34 VS stone over a non eye-clean 1.51 (even if it can be hidden under a prong...just a mind clean issue).
There is not enough size gain to make me want to take a non eye-clean stone. If it was a fairly large gain in size then it might be worth it
to me but not .15 (but that's me).

Yes the 1.51 is not a VS grade you are right and the colour in I. I do see what you are saying. It's not classed as eye clean but that being said the prongs would hide the inclusion. To get a diamond similar to the 1.34 would cost a lot more. Still can't make my mind up haha. There is really only a small difference between the 2. Wish I could order both and decide when they arrive

donny17984

Rough_Rock
have you seen them side by side? Your eye will be drawn to one or the other. I like the 35/40.6 of the 1.51 over the 35/40.8 of the 1.34. I also prefer the 75 lower halves of the 1.51 over the 80 on the 1.34. Your preferences may be different.

As long as the si stone is eye clean, you have two very nice choices there.
No haven't seen side by side. Maybe that's an idea. The price are both the same. I'm not too familiar with the proportions but just got told to keep it within the ideal tolerances which they are. Would you touch a stone that was slightly out of them? Still can't make my mind up haha.

donny17984

Rough_Rock
I think she would want the ice white to be honest. But is the I colour really going to be that bad on a roses gold setting. I seen an I colour beside a G colour as a sample at the difference wasn't too great. Thanks mate. Just need to bite the bullet and make my mind up. There's too many choices out there

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people clearly see a slight tint in an I particularly side on, but most will never notice it's not white, so it depends if it is for someone sensitive to colour. Rose gold tends to compliment stones with a hint of warmth to them, whereas it will contrast more with a whiter stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results