shape
carat
color
clarity

Decent earrings for the price?

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for small, diamond studs for everyday casual wear. I need them to be gold because my ears get itchy with all of my fashion/silver earrings so i'm looking for something that goes with everything is understated and simple. I saw these in store, and bought them for 220 with taxes. I just bought them today so i'm well within the return period if i can find something better at a similar price point.
https://www.zales.com/18-ct-tw-diamond-solitaire-stud-earrings-10k-white-gold/p/V-20089508
Thoughts? I usually try to avoid chain jewelry stores but going custom is just out of my budget right now.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5971.PNG Omg no. Those are not .18 total they are 1/8 total. So .06 each. They are also I3 clarity. That's a record player needle.

IMG_5972.PNG
Then they set them in this "miracle" setting which is metal as wide as the diamond (to make them appear twice as large). Maybe they hope you won't notice the snow-booger goodness in that small of a stone.

Call ID Jewelry in NYC for a quote on pricescope quality studs of the same size (but 14k gold). See what happens. Or look on loupe troop or diamond bistro

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you love them? That is all that matters.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you love them? That is all that matters.
They're just fulfilling a need in my wardrobe, I wouldn't say its love, but taking ringo's suggestion i'm actually seeing nicer options just a little over that price, so i'll be returning, then buying from id jewelry in nyc :)

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ringo865 I just wanted to say thank you for recommending i call id jewelry, i just got off the phone with them and ordered myself some new earrings, I'm super excited and they were really great to work with. I ended up picking .30 tcwt, or .15 pointer bezel set diamond earrings. I think they'll be perfect for what i'm looking for, and when my daughter is older i can pass them down to her. ID Jewelry was super easy to work with and even tried on the different sizes so i could see how they looked in ear. Also, they're doing price scope quality which means they'll pick better cut diamonds and guarantee they're eye clean.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ringo865 I just wanted to say thank you for recommending i call id jewelry, i just got off the phone with them and ordered myself some new earrings, I'm super excited and they were really great to work with. I ended up picking .30 tcwt, or .15 pointer bezel set diamond earrings. I think they'll be perfect for what i'm looking for, and when my daughter is older i can pass them down to her. ID Jewelry was super easy to work with and even tried on the different sizes so i could see how they looked in ear. Also, they're doing price scope quality which means they'll pick better cut diamonds and guarantee they're eye clean.

I'm so glad!! Please do come back with your impression and comparison to the maul store earrings. I'm sure they'll be lovely (and way bigger/nicer). Glad it worked out.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Update, recieved my IDJ earrings and im really happy with them, they're a little smaller than I initally hoped but they sparkle amd flash brilliantly and that more than makes up for it being a little small. I may buy a slightly bigger pair at a point.
Here are pictures, and ill add some to the diamond stud smtb thread. :)
20180118_162523.jpg 20180118_162726.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Very sparkly. ! And at 15 points each, that's way more diamond (and less 'miracle') inside he bezel than those from Kay. Can you remember those? (or you still have them for side-by-side comparison?) IMG_5972.PNG

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I dont still have them for a side by side sadly, but wow what a difference and it was a much much better buy than what i originally purchased. For the exact same price i could only afford 10 pointers so i raised the budget to get the 15 pointers, well worth the money and i'm glad i did that.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh they look beautiful on you! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful! Much better than what you almost ended up with!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely, perfect for everyday wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results