shape
carat
color
clarity

Decagon vs Octagon Nova?

SoaRFaabz

Rough_Rock

The fact is I love both, I’m just not sure if the octagon looks too white (which could hinder the sparkle effect due to lack of contrast) and if the unique pattern would get old or even look almost fake if that makes sense. I understand the octagon is newer. I’m just curious if there’s a general consensus. The first link is the best comparison I’ve seen online, from JP themselves but it’s unlisted. Thank you!

SoaRFaabz

Rough_Rock
@shibao did you get your nova yet? Do you love it or wish you went with the more traditional and higher contrast decagon?

Competitive_Cars

Rough_Rock
What’s better: cake or ice cream? Honestly this really seems like a personal preference kind of thing. Both diamonds will have phenomenal light return and optics, it’s going to come down to which facet structure you prefer/what works best in the setting you want.

I personally prefer the contrast and facet structure of the decagon, but that’s just me. The Octagon Nova is an amazing and very unique diamond as well.

Can’t really go wrong with JP from what I’ve heard. Working with them right now and very impressed with what I’ve seen.

SoaRFaabz

Rough_Rock
If it helps, they’d be around 1.6ct on a 4.25 US ring size

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results