shape
carat
color
clarity

Debeers millenium diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmbruker

Rough_Rock
Was wondering a fair price I could expect for this diamond,

Debeers millenium 1.39ct
vvs1 clarity, has pinpoint
d color

in safe deposit so the other details???
just looking for a fair price to let it go at?

think it falls in the ideal range for cut, don't have numbers hear,

just looking for an approx range, any thoughts would be appreciated

paid 15,400 or so back in 99, has thick platnum band;

thanks in advance

leonard

elmbruker

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, I'm glad I got a fair price at the time, but what I was wondering is what is a fair price for me to "sell" this diamond for. Could I expect more than 50% of what I originaly paid? Diamond was 13400, band was 2000. The jewler said around 9000 consingment, or 7500 up front.
What is the best way to sell this diamond?

This diamond is in original blue box, with original oval display case, and comes inscribed buy debeers as I think as #1497 Antarie(named after a star), out of a 2000# diamond set collection for the new millenium

Thanks,
Leonard

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
This question comes up from time to time. I would try selling on Ebay. No way would I settle for $7500.

Leonid, why is it so rare for people to list diamonds under the "auction" link here? I haven't read all the fine print, but is there a charge to post an auction on pricescope?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Elm, a quick check on PriceScope shows similar diamonds being sold in the $14,300 to $16,000 range.

I would expect if you priced it at an enticing discount from these prices you might get some action through your local classifieds or a reputable auction house, either on-line or bricks & mortar.

A 50% increase on what you paid is unrealistic. Diamonds typically appreciate at an average of 5-6% a year, and you have to take into account that the dealer who originally sold it to you made a profit as well. In your case it seems a small one, but it still has to be taken into account.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

romacitta

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I am interested in buying a de beers millenium diamond. Would you consider 10k? I only want the stone, not the ring.

What is a pinpoint ?

romacitta

Rough_Rock
Hi people,

I am looking for a debeeers millenium diamond, 1.5 to 2 carat, anyone has the stone for sale

admirer

Rough_Rock

romacitta, are you still looking for a debeeers millenium diamond, 1.5 to 2 carat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results