carat
color
clarity

"Dear Red States," ... Reportedly From some guy's Ipad

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Red States:
We're ticked off at the way you've treated California and we've decided we're leaving.
We intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware that includes Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Illinois and all the Northeast.
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states finally pay their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines, 90% percent of the high tech industry, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.
With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you believe you have higher morals then we lefties.
We're taking the good pot too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the laugh Kenny. I really needed it today! So glad I live in a blue state.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha haha, I needed that. I certainly have moments where I wish this could happen. I love living in CA!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel a bit bad posting it.
Just a bit.

Of course it's all sour grapes from us losing-lefties, and unsubstantiated statistics ... little more than a commiserating piece of fluff.

But I had fun reading it. :devil:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHAHAHAHA!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute. I am glad I am FROM California. Yep sour grapes.

As an aside, I checked both counties in CA where I lived and they were both red.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am from a blue state.

Some of us prefer to give him a chance before we make our decision.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm moving back home!!!! (CA)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1481159524|4105510 said:

Better hurry.
Trump becomes president of the South Jan 20, 2017.
Our new country starts Jan 19th, AND WE'RE BUILDING A WALL to keep out the criminals, rapists, and pussy-grabbers! :D

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
Can I tell u again how much I <3 you? You make me laugh every day!

I have a kid in Cali & I'm so proud of that, even got a license plate frame that says so!

Thx!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If only!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1481153806|4105496 said:
I am from a blue state.

A chance for what?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hilarious! :lol: Looking at the Trump Cabinet, it doesn't look like there's any chance of positive improvement.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1481204571|4105617 said:
Hilarious! :lol: Looking at the Trump Cabinet, it doesn't look like there's any chance of positive improvement.

Right?! It's a DISASTER. At this point people are just being willfully ignorant, completely naive, or both.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1481204261|4105616 said:
I am from a blue state.

A chance for what?
A chance to hire white supremacists to work in the white house.

A chance to appoint a person to the EPA who is actually suing the EPA.

A chance to lie about the fantastic job he did with Carrier

A chance to begin harming relations with a very powerful country before he is even in office...with tweets...like a teenager.

A chance to be an embarrassment and a liability and he hasn't even been sworn into office.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

My heart hurts.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1481159524|4105510 said:
Goin back to Cali, Cali, Cali... Goin back to Cali.....

I can't believe you ever moved! What a betrayal!! :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481207583|4105623 said:
I am from a blue state.

A chance for what?

A chance to begin harming relations with a very powerful country before he is even in office...with tweets...like a teenager.

A chance to be an embarrassment and a liability and he hasn't even been sworn into office.

My heart hurts.

House Cat, you are -- as always -- spot on! I was thinking these very same things but you saved me typing them out.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1481209375|4105626 said:
I am from a blue state.

A chance for what?

My heart hurts.

House Cat, you are -- as always -- spot on! I was thinking these very same things but you saved me typing them out.

This morning's development... Trump used twitter to smear the head of the steel workers union. Now people are calling him and threatening him.

Are we proud yet?

Do we feel honored to have such a man as our president elect?

is anyone as frightened as I am?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what sort of deal Trump made with Carrier? Did he promise them cushy tax breaks or a government contract or made threats? I am unable to find any details on this.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481216589|4105636 said:
Chrono|1481211233|4105629 said:
Does anyone know what sort of deal Trump made with Carrier? Did he promise them cushy tax breaks or a government contract or made threats? I am unable to find any details on this.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/30/news/economy/trump-carrier-deal/index.html

This reveals a little bit. I am not sure if you have seen this. The numbers aren't quite right. They didn't save 1,000 jobs.

Thank you, House Cat. I did some digging and found these (and $7M total in tax breaks over 10 years):
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trumps-claims-about-jobs-saved-carrier-come-question

Quote:
Union workers got a letter at the plant saying Trump’s deal with Carrier will save only 730 factory jobs in Indianapolis, plus 70 salaried positions – 553 jobs in the plant’s fan coil lines are still moving to Monterrey, Mexico. All 700 workers at Carrier’s Huntington plant will also lose their jobs.

As for Trump’s “1,100” figure, the president-elect was apparently including 350 research and development jobs that, according to the local report, “were never going to move to Mexico in the first place. Those were jobs that Carrier said all along would stay in Indianapolis.”

E B

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1481210589|4105628 said:
This morning's development... Trump used twitter to smear the head of the steel workers union. Now people are calling him and threatening him.

Are we proud yet?

His children, too!

I'm just curious as to when those who voted for him/"didn't support him" will start realizing they've been duped. I won't hold my breath, of course: excuses are already being made for his neglecting to untie himself from his conflicts of interest, his stacking his cabinet with billionaires and bankers (populism!), etc. Even Ann Coulter herself is losing faith. He couldn't be issuing his supporters truly experiencing economic anxiety a more obvious middle finger. But, I've heard there's still time for a pivot. Give the man a chance, already! :lol: ;(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481210589|4105628 said:
Dee*Jay|1481209375|4105626 said:
I am from a blue state.

A chance for what?

My heart hurts.

Are we proud yet?

It literally gets worse with every damn day. What the heck will happen when he is actually in office? Is anyone else tired of hearing that he won't be able to do any damage with all checks and balances that are in place?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME, and have for years, to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large internationaly known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481220046|4105643 said:
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large international known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.
I am aware of states trying to lure business to come to their state by giving tax breaks but for Trump to claim that he did this is BS. He didn't save the jobs, the state did. He doesn't deserve any kudos for this. Not only that, over 1000 workers are still going to lose their jobs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1481220419|4105646 said:
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large international known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.
I am aware of states trying to lure business to come to their state by giving tax breaks but for Trump to claim that he did this is BS. He didn't save the jobs, the state did. He doesn't deserve any kudos for this.

I wasn't giving him any. I was stating facts and people should not be complaining about tax breaks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481220497|4105647 said:
I wasn't giving him any. I was stating facts and people should not be complaining about tax breaks.
Not to sound combative, because I really am not, but I don't see anyone in this thread complaining about the tax breaks. :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of you complaining about tax breaks for Carrier do realize that local and state governments do this ALL THE TIME, and have for years, to keep or bring businesses in. In fact Carrier was offered tax breaks to stay before Trump ever got involved. The proposed lowering of corporate taxes are probably why they are keeping the plant open. My local city and the state in the past two years has given tax breaks to 2 large internationaly known companies, one to build their only US factory and the other for a large retail location. The businesses are required to participate in funding infrastructure as well. That is how you attract corporations to your area and state. They also hire many locals to work in the locations. The family owned factory that was built here in my city moved from California where it was located for decades.
Yes, but does the corrupt president elect claim to be the hero and the champion of these "every day" deals?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and Chrono are the ones that brought up the tax breaks not me. I see this "deal" as a soundbite only, but it is good for those workers and the town. And I have read a ton of "news" about how much it is costing tax payers to keep the plant in the US, not necessarily here on PS.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481221011|4105654 said:
You and Chrono are the ones that brought up the tax breaks not me.
I brought it up because I wasn't sure what sort of deals were negotiated, since nothing was in the news until recently. I didn't complain about them getting a tax break.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results