shape
carat
color
clarity

"Dear Red States," ... Reportedly From some guy's Ipad

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HC I will agree that America needs to produce again as we have become a consumer nation. The war in Iraq was a waste and we should not be in the business of toppling dictators unless our allies are involved and agree. Afghanistan is another story and ISIS is a problem that the whole world needs to deal with. GW spent entirely too much $$ as well as Obama.

This statement of yours is funny though because conservatives have thought this over the last 8 years.

What gets me is that he thinks he's going to stroll in and make his own rules as if he's some kind of emperor.

Black Panthers are in the same cloth (no pun intended) as the KKK and (I guess you are referring to Bannon) as far as I know he is not a member of the KKK. If you have evidence otherwise please link. BLM has been to the White House and I see them as a problem, not as having viable solutions.

I have been wanting to address the question in your last sentence for a couple of days. I have hope for our country because what is the alternative? There is absolutely nothing I can do personally to change what will happen in DC over the next 4 years. I cannot wake up stressed every day about things I have no control over because my health and sanity is more important to me than what may or may not happen in the government. If Obama had made an executive order to ban all guns my life would have continued despite being perturbed at government stomping all over Americans' rights. The SCOTUS would likely have fixed his wagon if he did that anyway.

Your conservative friends are on the fringe of conservatism. I live in a state that is populated with those on the far right. What do you have against prepping though? Preparedness is a smart thing to do, especially where I live because you can lose power for days or weeks. Keeping a stock of ammo is also smart if only to save $ because it has tripled in price over the last 8 years. I am a pragmatic conservative not a zealot.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481303153|4105909 said:
How can you say that people are tired of the liberal agenda when Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 2.7 million votes?
Go look at the house the senate and Governors of 50 states .The # of Dems vs the # of Rep.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1481303970|4105914 said:
redwood66|1481301060|4105898 said:
I have a problem with the "overall" numbers in that study. The methodology shown below is nearly 20% favoring dem/lean dem which will skew the Totals. If studies do not sample equally then I cannot take them as a true study without some bias. Thank you for linking as the breakout numbers are interesting.

Red, they explain the methodology in the text above the numbers. Pollsters (legitimate ones) don't weight by party self-identification. Besides, the country isn't split into equal numbers of democrats, republicans, and independents, so why should polls be? Within party self-identification, it shows a pretty even split between more 'liberal/moderate' republicans, and democrats overwhelmingly favor.

And I read it beforehand. If you are using Repub, Ind, and Dem as part of your analysis then the samples should be equal as certain ideologies are inherent to those groups. Large metropolises are mostly dem so why should we allow them to skew the whole country? The popular vote difference appears to be attributable to large cities in California to speak to your previous comment about 2.7 million.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1481305913|4105934 said:
And I read it beforehand. If you are using Repub, Ind, and Dem as part of your analysis then the samples should be equal as certain ideologies are inherent to those groups. Large metropolises are mostly dem so why should we allow them to skew the whole country? The popular vote difference appears to be attributable to large cities in California to speak to your previous comment about 2.7 million.

My point is that party self-identification isn't a demographic, and it can/does change. The poll does go more in-depth into party identification, but they're trying to take a representative sample of the country as a whole, and the country as a whole is not split into equal thirds.

(FWIW, according to Gallup in January, 43 percent of people identified as Independent, 29 as Democrat, and 26 as Republican.)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1481306523|4105937 said:
redwood66|1481305913|4105934 said:

My point is that party self-identification isn't a demographic, and it can/does change. The poll does go more in-depth into party identification, but they're trying to take a representative sample of the country as a whole, and the country as a whole is not split into equal thirds.

(FWIW, according to Gallup in January, 43 percent of people identified as Independent, 29 as Democrat, and 26 as Republican.)

I can only wish that a viable Independent candidate would be allowed to gain appreciation by the two main parties. They both are self serving. My hope is that Trump will set aside the social issues to concentrate on the things that those in the middle are concerned about.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1481304179|4105915 said:
Chrono|1481303957|4105912 said:
House Cat,
I am not well versed in the US Constitution. Which one is he violating?
The comparison of Obama + Black Panther vs Trump + White Supremacist seems apt. Nobody seems to care and that is scary to me. Maybe because they are also white so they know that they are safe?

Not answering for House Cat, but this explains a bit about what I've read:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2016/12/economist-explains-2

Trump is not in office yet so this clause is not yet attributable to him. We will see how he finally handles this issue as it is a valid concern. He appears to be a control freak when it comes to his businesses and that will prove to be a problem unless this is dealt with properly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481296416|4105867 said:
I will say it again that most conservatives do not have banning abortion at the top of their list. When will you realize that half the country does not agree with liberal policies on economics and the role of government? It is just easier for you to shout social issues, or racism, or xenophobia, or misogyny, or whatever else that does not pertain to those two things. Europe is slowly waking up to the fact that a one world view does not work for their specific countries and what the people are willing to put up with. Because it is not all kumbaya and utopia. Renzi is resigning, Hollande isn't running, Merkel might not win - in fact she is trying to appeal to her scared population by banning burqas as she sees the writing on the wall.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11466/merkel-turns-we-need-burqa-and-niqab-bans-wherever-michael-qazvini

People are tired of the liberal agenda. If dems insist on name calling and derision they will continue down the path to irrelevance. I am all for keeping a watch on a president to not overstep his boundaries, as we all should be, but if you don't think that Obama overstepped his with the executive actions that are against what the people wanted then you are living in a fantasy world. EPA regulations comes to mind and that is another thing that conservatives do not have at the top of their list, climate change. Scientists cannot prove that any of these outrageously expensive regulations will have any measurable positive effect on the climate. That is not denying something is going on (man made or natural), but do not put the economy in the toilet if you cannot prove it will help change the path the planet is on.

Yep, you are right, Europe, the US, the UK and even Australia to a point has and is having a conservative reaction/backlash against perceived terror threats, to "the other", to Islamic extremists and as a by product Muslims as a group in general. Just like we did to "Asian hoards" taking over Australia on and off for the last century. And you know what? Australia isn't run by Asians, and if you live in the US in 2015 more people were shot by their children than by terrorist, and you are 55 times more likely to be killed by a TV falling on you or a family member than be blown up by a terrorist. But so many want to buy into the fear that Islamic extremism has caused around the world and the propaganda perpetrated by Trump and his campaign. Call me cynical, like I have said many times I just don't see the man with the golden elevator, the golden loo and a string of bankruptcies to his name being the magic saviour of your economic or social woes, but it's really fascinating watching how strongly some of you want to defend him. The people were so unhappy with the status quo that they believed a reality TV star was going to lead them out of the recession.....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1481329930|4106011 said:
redwood66|1481296416|4105867 said:
I will say it again that most conservatives do not have banning abortion at the top of their list. When will you realize that half the country does not agree with liberal policies on economics and the role of government? It is just easier for you to shout social issues, or racism, or xenophobia, or misogyny, or whatever else that does not pertain to those two things. Europe is slowly waking up to the fact that a one world view does not work for their specific countries and what the people are willing to put up with. Because it is not all kumbaya and utopia. Renzi is resigning, Hollande isn't running, Merkel might not win - in fact she is trying to appeal to her scared population by banning burqas as she sees the writing on the wall.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11466/merkel-turns-we-need-burqa-and-niqab-bans-wherever-michael-qazvini

People are tired of the liberal agenda. If dems insist on name calling and derision they will continue down the path to irrelevance. I am all for keeping a watch on a president to not overstep his boundaries, as we all should be, but if you don't think that Obama overstepped his with the executive actions that are against what the people wanted then you are living in a fantasy world. EPA regulations comes to mind and that is another thing that conservatives do not have at the top of their list, climate change. Scientists cannot prove that any of these outrageously expensive regulations will have any measurable positive effect on the climate. That is not denying something is going on (man made or natural), but do not put the economy in the toilet if you cannot prove it will help change the path the planet is on.

Yep, you are right, Europe, the US, the UK and even Australia to a point has and is having a conservative reaction/backlash against perceived terror threats, to "the other", to Islamic extremists and as a by product Muslims as a group in general. Just like we did to "Asian hoards" taking over Australia on and off for the last century. And you know what? Australia isn't run by Asians, and if you live in the US in 2015 more people were shot by their children than by terrorist, and you are 55 times more likely to be killed by a TV falling on you or a family member than be blown up by a terrorist. But so many want to buy into the fear that Islamic extremism has caused around the world and the propaganda perpetrated by Trump and his campaign. Call me cynical, like I have said many times I just don't see the man with the golden elevator, the golden loo and a string of bankruptcies to his name being the magic saviour of your economic or social woes, but it's really fascinating watching how strongly some of you want to defend him. The people were so unhappy with the status quo that they believed a reality TV star was going to lead them out of the recession.....

Yep Europe is worried because the people coming in do not assimilate into the society. If you immigrate then you assimilate to fit in and be productive to the country you have decided to inhabit.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that really true of the majority of immigrants all over the world? Most I know irrespective of the countries they have moved to (I've travelled all over the world) generally make the best of where they are and make a new life for themselves, or are people just buying into all the stereotypes perpetrated by people who like to live in fear..... Trump ran a successful campaign tapping into people's fears in this respect. Most of which statistically are unfounded, that was my point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results