shape
carat
color
clarity

Dealing with Premature Shipping Errors

FarmPal

Rough_Rock
Situation:
Bought a diamond from Whiteflash, and was waiting on them to help me find and set it in a setting, but they sent me the diamond anyway, WITHOUT THE SETTING (which I'm still waiting for a quote on).
I haven't picked it up yet, because I know I'll just have to send it back to get it set, unless I just take the diamond and find an alternate setting elsewhere... Advice? Should I just have them take it back first? I have a feeling if I ask them to do that, they'll make me pay for the shipping the second time.. but on the other hand, I'll have to ship it back and forth anyway?

Help!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't ask us about it--contact Whiteflash! Do you mean you haven't talked to them about their error yet?

Are you sure you're comfortable leaving the diamond at the post office/Fedex/wherever it is?

wreckem

Rough_Rock
Haven|1308673696|2951079 said:
Don't ask us about it--contact Whiteflash! Do you mean you haven't talked to them about their error yet?

Are you sure you're comfortable leaving the diamond at the post office/Fedex/wherever it is?

You are not responsible for a package until you sign for it. When receiving a package from Whiteflash it is held at your nearest FedEx hub. If not picked up within two days, it is recalled by Whiteflash, at your expense.

OP, did you explicitly tell them to not ship the diamond loose?

FarmPal

Rough_Rock
Haha, thanks, you're right, I sent Whiteflash an email. I'm just panicking because I received the call from Fedex without knowing who it was from, and they were asking if it was just a "DIAMOND" while my girlfriend was right beside me! I hope she didn't hear any of it, it'd be a horrible way for a surprise to be blown >.<

FarmPal

Rough_Rock
Actually, I had originally asked them to contact/ship it to my friend at another location (who could pick it up for me discretely) before I decided to ask them for a quote on alternative setting. Having them send it nearby and call me was definitely NOT a part of the plan!!

FarmPal

Rough_Rock
Alright, problem solved, there was a problem with their system not being updated, but WF was very nice about it and fixed it immediately. I swear my gf suspects something, but either she doesn't know, or is playing along.. I'll see after I propose =P

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they've already shipped it and it's waiting for you why not let them know that while it's here you'd like to take a look at it? I always recommend seeing the stone in-person before having it set anyway, make sure your eyes like what they see..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results