shape
carat
color
clarity

Dealing with morning sickness and nausea

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I was an anthro major, and I took "the Evolution of Human Sexuality". One of the course sections was gestation, and my professor's theory on morning sickness was that it's a response our ancestors developed to protect the mother from eating foods that could make her and the baby sick. The baby is at the highest risk of death or serious illness early on, which is why morning sickness typically subsides after the 1st trimester.

Since food-born pathogens were a major threat pre-refrigeration, women developed a disgust for foods that carry the most parasites and pathogens, and prefer carbohydrate-rich foods.

Here is a pretty interesting article by my prof:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070328101621.htm

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I started Reglan, since Zofran was sooo not working for me, but two days in, I had some shortness of breath. So, called the OB, who sent me to the ER (it was today, a Sunday) where I was treated for dehydration and got the all-clear on blood clots. :nono: I had no idea I was dehydrated, especially since the Reglan was working. It was a pretty miserable experience that I hope not to repeat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results