shape
carat
color
clarity

Deal Alert!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I saw this and thought that one of us PSer's should own it! I've already bought my pearls for Xmas, so it's up for grabs:

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-necklace/deep-gold-pearl-necklace-with-south-sea-pearls-gnma.htm Big golden pearls, fabulous color, around $800? Wow!

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-necklace.htm Golden Baroque for under $600!

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/13mm_circle_south_sea_pearl_necklace_wnmf.htm Not sure if I like the style of these, but they certainly are big for $450.

Jose has just added this new line, but it's a bit too funky for me

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahizea_collection_of_tahitian_pearls.htm

Sadly I don't think I have the skin tone for a full golden necklace.. (very pale pink skin)... but those deals ARE good... hope someone can enjoy them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I love the first one you posted- even though it is a great deal my DH has put a definite stop to my spending on jewelry after my current projects are finished...bummer!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I called Jose and asked if he ever meets with clients because I live close to his address. While he does not have a show room so we made arrangements to meet at a restaurant in a grocery store. He arrived promptly and opened his briefcase with the strand I called about with several more. I found the strand of my dreams and it was not the one I called about. I did not want to look like Wilma Flintstone so I opted for smaller mm. My necklace is 10 to 11.5 mm. He is looking for a second one for me because I like to wear double strands. The next evening my strand was ready to be delivered and he met me in another grocery store while I was shopping. Of course it is all in the neighborhood and close proximity to his shop. I really had fun meeting him and selecting my necklace.

White SS 10 to 11.5 mm drops.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: OH MY GOSH! That is so AWESOME 4Ranch! :appl: :appl:

I love the story, I can only imagine how great it would be to look through a briefcase full of pearls! :love: Did the grocery store people look at you funny? Did you try them on at the store? What fun! What else was in the briefcase? Which one were you originally considering? What does Jose look/act like?

Those are gorgeous pearls!! :cheeky: :cheeky: I didn't even see that one on the site! The luster on the piece is SO beautiful! What gorgeous shape and I LOVE drips. Very unusual and unique!

This strand totally deserves it's own thread and LOTS more pictures and neck shots. Gorgeous! :lickout:

Wow . . .

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm really loving that shape...... and they glow! and what a great story!

perhaps one day there will be the "great pricescope pearl get to gether"!

MoZo

eta: and you motivated me to look and see where he is located.....i'm planning a trip to san diego and now may just have to contact him to meet. i'll call him first to let him know what i'm looking for: large plain set south sea pendant.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1290489105|2776205 said:
I called Jose and asked if he ever meets with clients because I live close to his address. While he does not have a show room so we made arrangements to meet at a restaurant in a grocery store. He arrived promptly and opened his briefcase with the strand I called about with several more. I found the strand of my dreams and it was not the one I called about. I did not want to look like Wilma Flintstone so I opted for smaller mm. My necklace is 10 to 11.5 mm. He is looking for a second one for me because I like to wear double strands. The next evening my strand was ready to be delivered and he met me in another grocery store while I was shopping. Of course it is all in the neighborhood and close proximity to his shop. I really had fun meeting him and selecting my necklace.

Oh baby! :love:

(I may make a more intelligent comment when I stop drooling)

movie zombie|1290529190|2776718 said:

MoZo

eta: and you motivated me to look and see where he is located.....i'm planning a trip to san diego and now may just have to contact him to meet. i'll call him first to let him know what i'm looking for: large plain set south sea pendant.

I'm there!.. to see everyone elses :)

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
i'll call him first to let him know what i'm looking for: large plain set south sea pendant.

Ha, this is basically what I'm looking for, too, except right now I'm just after a single large SS pearl. Jose sent me photos of 2 he currently has - a 17.1mm and a 17.2mm - both are white SS with pink overtones. I am deciding whether to go for one, or to wait it out for something 18mm+ (daunting, but it is my pearl holy grail to own a huge white SS). I haven't been dealing with him for long but he is super helpful and friendly - I almost feel bad about the fact that he's done so much legwork and I havent actually pulled the trigger on anything yet.

I would love to come to a pearl meetup. I have heard talk of some Jeremy Shepherd-organized pearl meeting in CA. I'm in Canada but that would be a trip I would totally make.

Btw, Moviezombie, I LOVE zombie movies and zombies in general. I have a t-shirt with 'I Heart Zombies' on it. :D

iLander

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1290565606|2777525 said:
i'll call him first to let him know what i'm looking for: large plain set south sea pendant.

Ha, this is basically what I'm looking for, too, except right now I'm just after a single large SS pearl. Jose sent me photos of 2 he currently has - a 17.1mm and a 17.2mm - both are white SS with pink overtones. I am deciding whether to go for one, or to wait it out for something 18mm+ (daunting, but it is my pearl holy grail to own a huge white SS). I haven't been dealing with him for long but he is super helpful and friendly - I almost feel bad about the fact that he's done so much legwork and I havent actually pulled the trigger on anything yet.

I would love to come to a pearl meetup. I have heard talk of some Jeremy Shepherd-organized pearl meeting in CA. I'm in Canada but that would be a trip I would totally make.

Btw, Moviezombie, I LOVE zombie movies and zombies in general. I have a t-shirt with 'I Heart Zombies' on it. :D

I'm so glad to hear your progress on the gumball pearl, it kept popping up in my head, and I was wondering how you were doing on that. Did you feel his prices were good? Or about the same as everybody else?

I don't know . . . 17mm is big . . . but I know how it is. I had a colored stone holy grail, and when I finally found the stone, it wasn't fun without something to hunt. I still haven't set it yet, because I don't want it to be over!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
iLander, I forgot to thank you for starting this thread - I am all for threads like this, I think it's great if we can alert each other to deals/finds. I'm going to post some Sea of Cortez pearls I came across on eBay in a new thread.

The specs on the SS from Jose are:

AAA 17.2mm $3350

AA+ 17.1mm $2580

I think one of the reasons I haven't yet pulled the trigger on one yet (and mostly, the reason is because I want a huuuuge pearl - I want to go BIG) is that I am such a noob about pricing - I really have no idea what is and isn't reasonable. I *think* these prices are reasonable but I don't know enough yuet to trust my own judgement...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
whitehotblank|1290565606|2777525 said:

Jose brought the 17.2 mm white south sea to show me and it was TDF gem quality, held it in my had I did. That was one very big pearl. I was at PP today to choose my Christmas presents, and saw a gem quality white ss strand that was just made for a special order and it was a total wow. Last summer I went to the PP Ruckus and it was so much fun. A whole weekend just talking about pearls, trying on pearls and hearing pearl experts talk about pearls. If you love pearls you would have a blast.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1290512600|2776549 said:
:appl: :appl: OH MY GOSH! That is so AWESOME 4Ranch! :appl: :appl:

I love the story, I can only imagine how great it would be to look through a briefcase full of pearls! :love: Did the grocery store people look at you funny? Did you try them on at the store? What fun! What else was in the briefcase? Which one were you originally considering? What does Jose look/act like?

Those are gorgeous pearls!! :cheeky: :cheeky: I didn't even see that one on the site! The luster on the piece is SO beautiful! What gorgeous shape and I LOVE drips. Very unusual and unique!

This strand totally deserves it's own thread and LOTS more pictures and neck shots. Gorgeous! :lickout:

Wow . . .
I did not notice what else was in the brief case because I only had eyes for the pearls. When I talked to Jose he said he would see what else he had in stock and bring several for me to choose from.

http://tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/white_south_sea_pearl_necklace_wnmf.htm

This is the strand I called about. Beautiful but not the one that was ment for me. He did say he had many, many more than what they are able to post on the web site. If you do not see what you want I would diffenatly call and tell him what you want.

Well, Jose is a nice looking married man with children.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1290529190|2776718 said:

MoZo

You will enjoy meeting Jose. Since you are comming to southern California kill two birds with one stone and make an appointment with Jeremy at PP and spend a couple of hours in his vault. I just did that today to choose my Christmas presents. Both men are charming and have wonderful pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1290590357|2777896 said:
I did not notice what else was in the brief case because I only had eyes for the pearls. When I talked to Jose he said he would see what else he had in stock and bring several for me to choose from.

http://tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/white_south_sea_pearl_necklace_wnmf.htm

This is the strand I called about. Beautiful but not the one that was ment for me. He did say he had many, many more than what they are able to post on the web site. If you do not see what you want I would diffenatly call and tell him what you want.

Well, Jose is a nice looking married man with children.

Actually, I was asking what other pearls were in the briefcase, anything good?

He has more than what's on the website? :shock:

Nice looking, hmmm? Oh, my . . . :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Seriously 4Ranch, we need a thread on your collection! :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good suggestions about seeing two pearl dealers instead of one!

much will depend on hubby's tolerance.....crossed my mind to also try for Pala.....

the large south sea pearl from Kalis that i tried on while in australia a week ago was 15mm, no pink overtones with an 18k gold bale for $2200. i may have been a fool to walk away from it. it was stunning on my 18k red gold chain. sigh. however, as a newbie i was and am still unclear as to what good pricing is. i too would love something like an 18 or even 20mm solitare pendant....no diamonds. this is my holy grail of jewelry purchases.

the strands were amazingly gorgeous and priced accordingly. i cannot justify spending $68,000 on a strand of pearls. and my money tree wilted and died when told of these prices.......

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1290802633|2779863 said:
good suggestions about seeing two pearl dealers instead of one!

much will depend on hubby's tolerance.....crossed my mind to also try for Pala.....

the large south sea pearl from Kalis that i tried on while in australia a week ago was 15mm, no pink overtones with an 18k gold bale for $2200. i may have been a fool to walk away from it. it was stunning on my 18k red gold chain. sigh. however, as a newbie i was and am still unclear as to what good pricing is. i too would love something like an 18 or even 20mm solitare pendant....no diamonds. this is my holy grail of jewelry purchases.

the strands were amazingly gorgeous and priced accordingly. i cannot justify spending $68,000 on a strand of pearls. and my money tree wilted and died when told of these prices.......

MoZo

Lordy, $68K? Seems like too much to me. I think you might do well to visit both dealers. $2200 seems high, too. If Jose can sell this whole strand for $3300, I would think one pearl wouldn't be anywhere near $2200. http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/pelosi-south-sea-pearl-necklace-mnpr.htm But then again, I don't know for sure.

I do know though, that a 18K gold bale is not more than $100, so don't let THAT sway you.

Take careful notes, and cell phone pics, though. I know I would be confused after looking at a lot of pearls in one day and I would seriously need notes to keep the sizes/prices straight . . .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results