shape
carat
color
clarity

De-Lurking and Saying Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Hello PS Folks:

I''ve been "lurking" for a few months and really have enjoyed reading everyone''s stories and learning SO MUCH from this group. I feel like I should thank everyone for all the information you so generously share!! What a great community!!

We recently got engaged but it was before I discovered PS.
7.gif
So when I look at my beautiful ering I don''t see hearts or arrows...but I do see the face of the most wonderful man in the world, his eyes filled with love and a few tears when he gave me my ring and asked me to be his wife. What more could a gal ask for?!?! I must stare at this thing a 100 times a day, and I love it!!

Of course, now that I''m soaking up all this great information from this website, I can''t wait to go shopping for wedding rings, birthday presents, Christmas presents, anniversary presents, just-because-I-love-you presents.....
2.gif
Did I mention presents??!?

Anyway, I thought I''d share a few pictures of my ering. We got her at a B&M store in our town and, like I said, the purchase was pre-PS so she''s doesn''t have a fancy pedigree. She is certified. Of course, all the paperwork is in a big pile of "stuff I need to file" so I don''t have all the details readily at hand. I like things that are simple and classic so we went with a solitaire in yellow gold. The specs are 1.15 H I1. Yes, she''s an I and there are things floating around in her, but honestly, I can''t see anything when I look at her straight on from the top. I''m sure a trained eye could pick out her flaws, and we did see a "cloud" off to the side when we looked at her under the microscope in the jewelry store. The jeweler put the prong over that area to hide it.

Today I actually had some time to take a few pictures. After taking over 40 shots and having less that 10 turn out, I am totally impressed with all of you folks with great photos on the board. WOW!!! Now the challenge will be to see if I can upload them!! Here goes!!

thanks again to everyone for your generous spirit to share your knowledge with others!
1.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Ack, still trying to upload pix!! Apparently, my camera takes mutant, big a$$ pictures because every file I''ve tried to upload exceeds the 100KB file size. I''m trying to reduce the files sizes but I''m really, REALLY bad at tech stuff.

"Please bear with us, we are experiencing technical difficulties." (insert elevator music here) LOL!!!

Fleur

Rough_Rock
I''m crossing my fingers that this is gonna work!!

I have to just take a minute to say what a wonderful FI I have. Friday was HIS birthday, and he brought ME a dozen roses! Can you believe this guy? So doesn''t that just cry out for the "flower shot"??

smallfirerose.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Yippee it worked! Now to resize a few others!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
What''s important is how much you love it! (Not to mention it looks gorgeous!) Your fiance sounds so sweet. Welcome
35.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
I was playing around outside and took this one today. I really wish I could figure out how to post the whole shot--it''s so much prettier because the background is really green.

smallgarden.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Welcome Fleur!

It''s beautiful! I patiently await more pics
1.gif

36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations on your engagment!

No need for fancy pedigrees! Just gorgeous diamonds like YOURS!
10.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Kelpie. You are so right!

Glad to be here and look forward to being a part of the PS family.
9.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Aww, Coat, coming from you that makes me smile BIG TIME. I LOVE your collection--the stackables are GORGEOUS!!! You''ve definitely inspired some wistful dreaming about wedding bands! I''ll be following your lead, for sure!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 11:16:42 PM
Author: Fleur
Aww, Coat, coming from you that makes me smile BIG TIME. I LOVE your collection--the stackables are GORGEOUS!!! You've definitely inspired some wistful dreaming about wedding bands! I'll be following your lead, for sure!
1.gif

You are so sweet! Thank YOU!

I'd love to see some hand shots! I love that green shot. You've got a lovely stone.

...still patiently waiting
9.gif

eta: oh and I'd be happy to help you look for a band!!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fleur your ring is stunning. Looking forward to more pics!! So glad you decided to join us.
36.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
The requisite "hand shot"...yuck! what happened to my beautiful youthful hands?!?!? LOL!!

smalltopside.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
sorry ya''ll. I''m noticing as I''m sizing the pix down, they''re getting a bit "grainy"
7.gif

I''ll have to do some research on my camera to figure out how to take a picture that is saved as a smaller file in the first place.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Another hand shot....yikes it''s just not as clear when it''s been resized.

smallsideview.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
another hand shot....

handonchair.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
yet another hand shot...I think I''ve finally figured out how to make it small without making it grainy.

"Mr. De Mille, I''m ready for my close-up." LOL!!!

smalltophand.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh: Thank you so much!! I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 11:58:49 PM
Kaleigh: Thank you so much!! I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for making me feel welcome.
Hey you are getting the hang of it, that last shot was great!! And thanks for the compliment. We have so much fun here, it''s always nice to have more people join in!!!
2.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 11:20:45 PM
Author: coatimundi

Aww, Coat, coming from you that makes me smile BIG TIME. I LOVE your collection--the stackables are GORGEOUS!!! You''ve definitely inspired some wistful dreaming about wedding bands! I''ll be following your lead, for sure!
1.gif

I''d love to see some hand shots! I love that green shot. You''ve got a lovely stone.

9.gif

eta: oh and I''d be happy to help you look for a band!!
31.gif

Coatimundi: I''ll take you up on that offer. I live on the other side of the country from you (you''re in LA, I think?) but any suggestions you can offer would be great. We were in Boston last week on a mini-vacation and stopped into a Tiffany''s and some of their bands (I think they call them celebration bands?) reminded me of yours. You are such an inspiration to me I almost said to the gentleman that was helping us, "Oh I have a friend with a few bands like these!" How funny is that when we hadn''t even met yet!?!?! Anyway, I''d love to talk with you about them. I am a yellow gold girl, and it seems like most of those types are in WG or Platinum so the hunt may be on!!

Hand shots have been posted!
9.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
now I''m like a crazy person with these pix! I''ve figured out how to make ''em small and not grainy!!

smallrose.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
another handshot

smalltop.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 12:06:25 AM
Date: 3/16/2008 11:20:45 PM

Author: coatimundi

Aww, Coat, coming from you that makes me smile BIG TIME. I LOVE your collection--the stackables are GORGEOUS!!! You've definitely inspired some wistful dreaming about wedding bands! I'll be following your lead, for sure!
1.gif

I'd love to see some hand shots! I love that green shot. You've got a lovely stone.

9.gif

eta: oh and I'd be happy to help you look for a band!!
31.gif

Coatimundi: I'll take you up on that offer. I live on the other side of the country from you (you're in LA, I think?) but any suggestions you can offer would be great. We were in Boston last week on a mini-vacation and stopped into a Tiffany's and some of their bands (I think they call them celebration bands?) reminded me of yours. You are such an inspiration to me I almost said to the gentleman that was helping us, 'Oh I have a friend with a few bands like these!' How funny is that when we hadn't even met yet!?!?! Anyway, I'd love to talk with you about them. I am a yellow gold girl, and it seems like most of those types are in WG or Platinum so the hunt may be on!!

Hand shots have been posted!

9.gif

Yay! Thanks for posting the handshots! Your ring is lovely on you! I'm glad that you love yellow gold. I always want to see more of it. I love it too!
Have you seen that "you know you're a PS'er when?" thread?

You know you're a PS'er when you're out shopping and you think to refer to another PS'er to your salesperson!

Tiffany has some lovely yellow gold Celebration Rings. I bet we could find you something comparable (if you are looking at other stores/vendors). Many vendors carry these types of bands, or could custom make you what you like. And, yup, I'm in LA
1.gif

Fleur

Rough_Rock
one more shot. this is fun!!
36.gif

difficult.jpg

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Hey Coat, I''m on east coast time and I just checked the clock...where did the time go???! Gotta sign off for tonight but I''ll catch you later.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big Welcome Fleur, beautiful ring!!! Thanks for sharing
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You have a lovely ring.

RadiantMe

Rough_Rock
Fleur,

I just wanted to tell you that your ring is awesome. I know that I saw arrows in one of those pictures! Also your picture taking skills are great. Congratulations on your engagement.
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Yummy yellow gold!! Gorgeous ring.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Fleur your ring looks beautiful :) I really especially love the shot in the flower ~ just stunning :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like things that are simple too Fleur, so I love your ring. It''s really pretty!

And congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results