shape
carat
color
clarity

De Beers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tranced

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...
I have spent most of the past 24 hourse browsing this forum trying to grasp the concepts of diamonds and diamond purchasing.
Thank you all for your incredible inputs.. your all doing an amazing job educating the noobie in me.. and im soooo glad I stopped by here to learn...

I am about to propose very soon and the lovely lady has very small fingers.. i think she is a 4.5 ring size .. and does not wear much jewellery at all.. very delicate hands and I saw something that would seem brilliant on her fingers.. the issue with it for me.. is that it is from De Beers.. and the Diamond they have on the setting is completely unacceptable for the price...almost twice of what it should be... and their policy does not permit them to sell the setting by itself... I am looking for a .5 to .75 size diamond with "The Promise " setting by debeers.. does anyone know of any one who could help me create a similar ring... or a retailer that i can customize a ring like this to my specifications..
I am on a tight budget.. but i know that this is exactly the kind of ring she wants.....
Any help would greatly be appreciated...

The promise.jpg

ajourklaus

Rough_Rock
Hi tranced,

This a beautiful ring.

Custom made does not come cheap though.

On a low budget you might want to look into casting houses like http://www.adwar.com for a solution. They have a wast selection and you might find something there that pleases your taste.
Any good jeweler can order and finish the piece for you. This way you''ll end up with an above average quality piece.

tranced

Rough_Rock
Hi ajourklaus

Thank you for your quick reply and assistance.. the main reason I chose not to buy the ring from De Beers is because of the quality of the diamond was not upto par with the price...
I do have some working room in the budget..
custom casting sounds brilliant.. what images or details will i need to provide them?
does anyone know a caster in houston? because i want to be able to see the ring as soon as possible..
the diamond on the other hand is already a work in progress.. iv narrowed it down to a few selections from .58 to almost 1.. but i want to see them in my setting to make sure it doesnst look too big for her delicate fingers...

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I would contact Brian Gavin http://brianthecutter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=28. He's the cutter that developed A Cut Above Diamonds for Whiteflash and recently, he and his wife started their own venture. They have many years of custom experience from their Whiteflash days and the recent custom work has been spectacular. You'd likely need as many photos of the different angles of that ring as you can gather up, although they may have to make some slight adjustments to ensure that it's not an exact copy of the DeBeers design. Here's a link to a recent ring made by Brian Gavin: KticeRN's mum's ring

ETA - I think they're in Texas, but not sure where. Whiteflash is in Texas, and they do wonderful custom work as well.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 12:49:59 PM
Author: pixley
I would contact Brian Gavin http://brianthecutter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=28. He''s the cutter that developed A Cut Above Diamonds for Whiteflash and recently, he and his wife started their own venture. They have many years of custom experience from their Whiteflash days and the recent custom work has been spectacular. You''d likely need as many photos of the different angles of that ring as you can gather up, although they may have to make some slight adjustments to ensure that it''s not an exact copy of the DeBeers design. Here''s a link to a recent ring made by Brian Gavin: KticeRN''s mum''s ring

ETA - I think they''re in Texas, but not sure where. Whiteflash is in Texas, and they do wonderful custom work as well.

Brian works out of Houston as well! I''d contact them for sure! I''m not sure the price range your looking for, but I''m sure you can get what you want for less! And the work and service they provide is over the top!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash.com is also in houston and they would be able to do a nice job on this as well. Brian Gavin would work well too.

tranced

Rough_Rock
Thank you soo much for your help..
I will try and contact these folks during the week..
emteeth.gif

Im getting excited... I hope it turns out as good as the original.... any suggestions??

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:26:33 PM
Author: tranced
Thank you soo much for your help..
I will try and contact these folks during the week..
emteeth.gif

Im getting excited... I hope it turns out as good as the original.... any suggestions??

It will be just as good as the orginal. With either of those vendors you are in great hands. Just tell them what you want, send the pictures, and they will communicate everything back to you!

Your ring will be beautiful! Good luck!
You might even be able to get more bling for your buck because of going this route too!

aurory13

Rough_Rock
Please let us know how this ring turns out custom made! I just tried on this ring today actually at DeBeers and LOVED it! I''m also size 4.5. I thought the 1 carat was perfect :)

I''m curious if a jewelry maker could replicate this though and if so, what the cost would be. The price I was quoted today at DB was $12,500 for the 1 carat.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! I hope it works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results