shape
carat
color
clarity

De Beers Promise Ring

fullymooned

Rough_Rock
My fiance only wants the De Beers promise ring and I have decided I will be purchasing one. The specs are 1.04 carat VS2 G for $15000. Would you consider this a fair price? How much would a similar diamond cost from say bluenile. I spoke to the sales person at the store for a discount but she said De Beers doesnt not give discount at all. Can that be true?

fullymooned

Rough_Rock
looked at bluenile and a similar diamond would cost $11000

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Just curious but are you considering buying her a look a like of the De Beers? If she is set on the original I wouldn't suggest it. I am a big Tiffany fan but not so much a fan of their prices lol! so I had no problem getting a close copy of their solitaire, however, not all women feel that way.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ditto, if she is set on the debeers I would not get a copy if it is within your budget!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I own a solitaire pendant from De Beers. I've upgraded the pendant quite a few times in the past years. There's always a premium attached to the brand so "fair" is quite subjective. The price will be higher than a non-designer brand ring with similar specs. And it is true that De Beers don't offer any discounts just like any other designer brands. I believe if you are a VIP (frequent buyer) then some stores will offer you some sort of discount as customer appreciation.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What's the cut information for the stone? We'd need that to tell.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
without knowing the cut information it can be difficult to determine "fair". Keep in mind that branded rings will carry a premium.

if your GF wants a Debeers specifically, I wouldnt present her with a replica. If she just likes the look of it- then she might be just as happy with a replica and a stone that could be bigger considering the money you will save from not buying the brand.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that's what she wants and you can afford it than it's difficult to put a price tag on that. Yes - there's a big mark-up - that's why not everyone is able/willing to buy it. I recall a post where the guy wanted a deBeers and so the budget afforded a half carat; the girlfriend was not so impressed with the name brand and really would have preferred a larger stone, but that's markedly different from your case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results