shape
carat
color
clarity

De Beers Forever Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bradruss

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I have been searching high and low and in different countries for an engagement ring. At the moment the best ring I have seen is the De Beers Forever, as in how it has given me the wow factor.

Now for the price of a 1.57 H VS1 Ex Cut, Ex Pol & VG Sym - in dollars it is the same in pounds in the UK, basically double in the UK.

I''ve looked at loose diamonds in New York, Hong Kong & South Africa. New York is coming up cheaper than the other two due to the dollar at the moment.

I can get a loose diamond and fiited to a band cheaer than the De Beers one, however there is not much in it, around $1500 dollars - that is to do a similar design as the De Beers.

I don''t feel as comfortable as having one made to look similar with the risk of it not having the same wow feeling.

I''m learning a great deal from this site and the posts, so thank you all

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the NY price on the diamond? Because I am thinking they are probably higher than some others. Can you give us a link to the setting?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Is this it?

Is that is it, it would be SO easy to replicate via Whiteflash, and at a better price, too.

bradruss

Rough_Rock
Yes that is it, the NY price is $19100 - in the UK it is £19100 - :O

They have a H 1.50 SI, VG cut - what is anyones opinion of that and what the difference would be to the naked eye - that is $13700

Cheers

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not enough info. Is it SI1 or SI2? (Big price difference.) What does VG cut mean? Can you get a copy of the grading report?

As you said, there aren't a lot of design elements to the setting, so why do you think it is the setting that gives it the wow factor?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or something like http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4339/ + Leon Mege "Classic" solitaire or any nice, platinum solitaire will probably about the same price. (blegh, De Beers... I don't know, the name doesn't mean romance to me. I think of global monopoly, stockpiling, the two-month rule, advertisements...)

Places like Cartier, Tiffany, there were previously REAL men behind the name who made beautiful jewelry.

bradruss

Rough_Rock
It is a SI1 at 13,200 not 13,700 as I had stated previously

VG is very good cut

The GOG diamond looks really nice, it is $12,076 - then for the tribute it would be between $1400 - $1700 on top making it the same price as the De Beers one, although the De Beers is a Very Good cut and NOT an Excellent H&A as is the GOG.

Gorgeous ring you had made, I'll look at that thread - thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results