shape
carat
color
clarity

DCIS Diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's weird - there was a post from marymm saying she was finding the discussion valuable so I wrote a post in response, but now marymm's post has gone, so I deleted my response. Just in case anyone's wondering where it went!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1442768693|3929864 said:
Hi Mayk, glad you're feeling OK and that the area looks small with not too many micro-calcifications. If you find yourself getting too anxious during this time, a really excellent book that helps put worry into perspective is "How To Stop Worrying and Start Living". It's a wonderful book that helps you stay in the present moment and not let your mind wander off wherever it wants.

Your job sounds interesting. Do you travel internationally or within the States for work? I'd always be buying jewelry at the locations as "souvenirs" if it were me!

I think you deserve something nice and sparkly when this is all done.

Sadly no international traveling. I'm a Sales Director for a consumer products company. Right now I travel to Nashville, Memphis, Charlotte and Cleveland, certainly not vacation destinations. I do love Nashville. Great food and a cool downtown. But as with life it comes at you fast I just found out I'm moving to a new customer after the first of the year with all new locations for me Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago and Washington D.C. And as a bonus Seattle a couple times a year, which is awesome my birth mother lives there.

I'm absolutely plotting a shiny object when this is done! :Up_to_something: I've will have earned it!

Thank you again. I'm going to check out the book. You have all been so wonderful and helpful. i joined the forum listed up above and a Facebook Support Group. I'm feeling surrounded now by first hand experienced and a couple good places for questions.

I will absolutely be seeking a second opinion from Oncologists. I don't plan to request a second opinion on the surgeon. They gave me the group to use and the names of the key surgeons for this procedure and I did my homework this weekend. I picked a woman, which for me for this, is important. After they get the pathology back there is no good reason not to get two different point of views. I'm lucky I live close to a Mayo. So I have a couple great resources.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That all sounds positive, Mayk! Glad that you live close to a Mayo. I'm sure having a new customer is more work but the new destinations sound quite exciting!

To kick off the hunt for a new sparkly (maybe for Christmas?), I have noticed that Brian Gavin has a star-shaped pendant that is very reasonably priced considering it's approx a half carat of Signature melee. That stuff really glimmers. Here is the star pendant, although they have a heart and a circle too, $890. If you are a repeat customer you get get $50 off: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-pendants/diamond-star-14k-white-gold-5592w14

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went through this 12 years ago. My area of involvement was small and low grade. While it is true DCIS is stage 0 noninvasive, doctors can't predict if it will become invasive. I had a lumpectomy but had to got back in for a re-excision to get clear margins. I took Tamoxifen for 5 years but no radiation. Outside of having a bilateral mastectomy, I pretty much asume this could resurface in the future. Tamoxifen lowers this risk significantly. I go in every 6 months for checkups and of course, yearly mammograms (I had them every 6 months for the first 2 years) DCIS is very common and I actually felt lucky that what I had was so curable, scary yes, life threatening, no. Take it one step at a time Mary, you will be fine!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best friend just had this diagnosis and treatment, which she finished a few weeks ago. She kept a very positive attitude and gave her treatment the name "energy healing". It made her a bit tired, but nothing more...She is now back to her happy active life, more grateful for simple things and excited to be moving on from the experience.
I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.
You know the PSers will be with you at all times and soon it will be history [& here's to a new, well deserved, shiny]/sparkly!].

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked for Mayo 9 years. If you have a choice, Rochester.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mary, I am so sorry I am just now seeing this. Please know I will be praying for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results