shape
carat
color
clarity

DCD ring in two tone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
What do you think about this ring in two tone? I am constantly changing my mind about what I want to do for my new setting. I have a lot invested in two tone (watch, bracelets and a ton of David Yurman). Would you think it would look odd to have the split shank done in yellow gold and the top in platinum/white gold? What''s your thoughts. I am going to visit a local custom designer on Tuesday and have to have SOME idea of what I am going to do. Although it is just an initial visit.

Two tone.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful setting and I don''t think it would look odd in two-tone at all. I think it would be stunning with your David Yurman pieces!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I recently went through the same dilemma. I have a split-shank pave pear. Most of my jewelry is 2-tone with some pieces of yellow gold. I had no jewelery in all white metal. I went round and round trying to decide what to do. I love the pave look, but I''m not crazy about pave in yellow gold. I really wanted a split-shank with a halo and could not find anything I liked better for my pear. In the end, I went with a platinum setting and added a touch of yellow gold in the gallery as an accent.

The yellow gold gallery is not obvious to the casual observer, but it added just enough yellow gold for my own 2-tone satisfaction.
2.gif

splitshankgallery1.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this is a better view.

splitshankgallery2.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is one with a colored halo (pink not yellow though), but you could make it yellow instead.

masterpiecejewelspinksplit.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is one with a yellow halo and yellow diamond. I can see it with a white diamond though. You have a lot of options.
1.gif

greggruthsplitshank.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here is one with the yellow on the band and white on the halo. Sorry, it''s for a rectangular stone and only a single shank, but I think you can imagine it.

Can you tell I have a ton of these type pictures saved? I had the hardest time deciding what to do. I''ve got quite a few more if you need more options.

masterpiecejewelspinkmicro2.jpg

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of the bands in yellow and the halo in white. It will really make your stone pop!

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the great ideas! All of the rings are beautiful. I do love your idea of putting the gold in the gallery. Hmmm..something to think about. At least I have some great pictures to take to the jeweler. Thank you so much for all of your posts! I appreciate it.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I love the two-tone idea...it''s so much more versatile! Sometimes I wish I''d gone with TT... just to have the options.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I''ve had a two tone for several years and thought I might want to go pure white gold. But then I started wearing it again knowing that it''s days were numbered (at least as an engagement ring). I was amazed at how much that little touch of yellow gold made the sparkle of the diamond pop. I don''t wear enough yellow gold to warrent a complete yellow gold ring, nor do I have the skin tone for it. Just a little yellow seems to look nice. I''m so excited to go talk to the jeweler now! Thanks everyone! I''ll let you know what she says when I get back Tuesday night.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I went to see the jeweler with all of my pictures and ideas. Unfortunately I don''t think I am going to go with this jeweler. She was sort of ADD and couldn''t really capture one idea without pulling tons of books out and going from one setting to the next without really listening to what I was saying. She must have shown me 20-25 settings in books. Some were similar to what I was talking about and others were her "opinion" of what would look good on my hand. I just got the feeling that she wouldn''t listen to me when it came time to really sit down and design a ring. I''ll keep you posted on my hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results