shape
carat
color
clarity

DC Custom Jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bort

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend a good and reputable jeweler in the Washington, DC area? I am looking for someone to make a custom wedding band for my fiance. Thanks.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bort -

I would recommend:

Quest Manufacturing Jewelers, Inc
2304 Gallows Road Suite C
Dunn Loring, VA 22027
703-204-0111
Fax: 703-204-0195

They are very reasonably priced. I had them make earrings in platinum that cost me the same as other jewelers quoted me for gold.

Although I had simply earrings made by them, I toured their offices and they have an AWESOME setup. Being an engineer, I was impressed by the processes they use to manufacture their jewelry. They use computer aided design so that the buyer can see the product in 3D prior to the jeweler making it. The jeweler then uses that computer model to generate a program used to carve a wax mold to be used in their lost wax casting process.

They work in gold and platium. Good luck!

wavey.gif

bort

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check them out.

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any recent or not so recent experience with Quest Manufacturing Jewelers? We're looking into a custom e-ring and they were recommended from Martin Fuller's office.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I have no experience with them, but thanks for bumping up this post. I'm in the metro area too and will check them out.
1.gif

Diamondlil

cool_rock

Rough_Rock
Hello bort, ScubaDucky, diamondlil:

Did you followed up with Quest Manufacturing Jewelers? Or did you go with another jeweler? I am also looking for a jeweler in the DC/Baltimore area for setting a loose diamond to a ring-setting. I would be very interested in each of your experience with the Quest Manufacturing Jewelers ... or another jewelers that you decided to go with.

I look forward to your reply.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
CR,

I have not made any decisions yet, but I sent you a PM.

Diamondlil

ScubaDucky

Rough_Rock
Hi Cool_rock.. Quest seemed very friendly and knowledgeable when I spoke to them on the phone, so I made an appointment for next Saturday to talk about some custom work. I'll keep you guys posted on how that went.

1.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
I used Quest last year (as seen by my earlier post here) and was very happy with the quality and service I received. In fact, I plan on using them again .... soon.

My mother recently gave me one of my grandmother's broaches but the stones are loose because the prongs are bent and worn. This broach was custom made for my grandmother in the 1950s so I don't want to trust it to just anyone. Having dealt with Quest, I trust their integrity as well as their technical abilities so I am planning on bringing it to Quest within the next couple of weeks.

Let me know how you guys make out.
wavey.gif

ntschke

Rough_Rock
Yes, I HIGHLY reccomend Quest. I had my fiance's engagement ring made through them and it is perfect. Very quick turn-around, I had the diamond FEDEXed to me and they were able to mount and build this ring in less than 2 days and I was able to propose on Christmas Eve. We are also used them to make our wedding bands. Again, they are perfect, platinum work is very precise and they're very accomodating in making changes, re-sizing, etc. Another plus is LIFETIME cleaning, resizing, adjustments included with the rings.

I can't saying anything but good things here. Use them for all your Jewelry needs.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OOOOh- I didn't know about the Lifetime stuff. Great.

Mike S

Rough_Rock
I would DEFINITELY recommend Quest. I had my fiance''s E ring made there. Great turn around time, and service. The ring turned out absolutely perfect!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mike S, how''s about sharing it with us. Any pictures?

Mike S

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the delay in response. Here are some pictures. I was actually at Quest again 2 weeks ago. We had to get her ring resized as well as have a big scratch buffed out. (She is left handed and bumps it frequently) In 20 minutes it was back on her finger! PERFECT fit, and no sign of any scratches.

We started to look at bands for our big day. Without a doubt we are getting our bands made there.

Mike S

Rough_Rock
Sorry about the delay in response. I was actually at Quest again 2 weeks ago. We had to get her ring resized as well as have a big scratch buffed out. (She is left handed and bumps it frequently) In 20 minutes it was back on her finger! PERFECT fit, and no sign of any scratches.

We started to look at bands for our big day. Without a doubt we are getting our bands made there.

How do add pictures here????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results