shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY necklaces.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
I'm excited as I'm finally in the market to get a DBTY. I have searched the forum and I'm not getting a lot of the kind of info I want. Please help me. I know I want a 36 inch as I already own a pearl DBTY that is 36 inches and I love that length. That's about all I know.

Who has a DBTY necklace that they absolutely love, and how are they stationed and what sizes are the diamonds?

I'll be calling IDJ, ERD, BGD and WF to get quotes. Who would have the best quote, best fiery diamonds and best workmanship.

Thanks.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DBTY?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds by the Yard (as named by Tiffany orginally)

I would go with WhiteFlash because of the quality of their diamonds. This is not a traditional DBY because the person supplied her own platinum chains. But she used larger stones because of the size of the chain. This is one of the most beautiful necklaces I have ever seen!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/salute-to-the-craftsman-who-made-my-diamond-necklace.186742/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/salute-to-the-craftsman-who-made-my-diamond-necklace.186742/[/URL]

But if you want a traditional cable chain, I'd go with a little thicker chain than the short ones and I would personally use about 15 point diamonds. But of course, you can always go larger!

I would also like a long pearl one. Where did you find yours?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most people here seem to go with WhiteFlash and ID Jewelry for these. I have an 18"one from WF and the workmanship is excellent. My sister has one from IDJ and she likes it fine. But I think the WhiteFlash quality is a step higher. So comparing prices between those two is comparing apples and oranges. IDJ will be less, but the diamond quality is lower and I believe the workmanship is also. But that is just my personal opinion after reading many threads here and seeing both in person.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a .50ctw DBTY from BGD. I absolutely LOVE it. There are 7 diamonds equally spaced and is 16 inches long. I find that it is casual enough for daytime but can also go with a cocktail drive no problem.

I think WF or BGD are the way to go with this necklace.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have a DBTY from Whiteflash with ten 15 pointers. It's a 16" chain but I have an extender so it's usually at 17" or 18". The quality and the stones are wonderful, so I highly recommend them for DBTY!

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DS2006 and Sarahbear.
My pearl ones are from BM store called Bailey, Banks and Biddle. What does 15 points mean? Is it 0.15cts or 0.015cts? I get confused sometimes.
I think I'll go with the traditional cable chain DS alluded to. That necklace you linked to is so beautiful. I had seen it and that's actually what made me decide to get a DBTY first. ( I also have a bangle bracelet on my serious wish list), but I'm going for the necklace first courtesy of the linked necklace. I can't afford one exactly like that though.
Sarahbear, I was doing the math on your necklace. Seems like your diamonds then are about 0.049cts per diamond, spaced a little over 2inches apart? Am I right? Just wanna get an idea how to space mine and size to go with.
Is it important for them to be equally spaced? My pearls are equally spaced and very nice. I usually wear it doubled.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
chicam|1363972243|3411125 said:
Thanks DS2006 and Sarahbear.
My pearl ones are from BM store called Bailey, Banks and Biddle. What does 15 points mean? Is it 0.15cts or 0.015cts? I get confused sometimes.
I think I'll go with the traditional cable chain DS alluded to. That necklace you linked to is so beautiful. I had seen it and that's actually what made me decide to get a DBTY first. ( I also have a bangle bracelet on my serious wish list), but I'm going for the necklace first courtesy of the linked necklace. I can't afford one exactly like that though.
Sarahbear, I was doing the math on your necklace. Seems like your diamonds then are about 0.049cts per diamond, spaced a little over 2inches apart? Am I right? Just wanna get an idea how to space mine and size to go with.
Is it important for them to be equally spaced? My pearls are equally spaced and very nice. I usually wear it doubled.

My stones are .15cts each and my stones are just over 1.5" apart. I personally like them evenly spaced, but it different sized spaces might look better on a long chain.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting on one just like Sarahbear's from BGD! Half carat total, 7 stones. I can't wait to get it next week.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Orbaya. So 15pointers = 0.15cts. Thanks.
Ok a picture is emerging in my mind. I may go for 36", with 0.15cts each, spaced about 2" apart to save money, making for about 2.7ctw. How does that sound?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
chicam|1363975022|3411170 said:
Thanks Orbaya. So 15pointers = 0.15cts. Thanks.
Ok a picture is emerging in my mind. I may go for 36", with 0.15cts each, spaced about 2" apart to save money, making for about 2.7ctw. How does that sound?
I am a huge fan of dbty style necklace. Your plan sounds like it will be very very beautiful necklace. Please, come back with details and hopefully pictures soon!

Forgot to mention, that Missy has something similar what you have in mind, her necklace is 14x0.15 on 32 inches chain. A lot of pictures for you to see in her thread: 32 inch DBTY

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love DBTYs! My DBTY purchasing experience: I went witih 20 pointers, 7 melee witih the recommended spacing - I think it was Orbaya's 1.5". I had a length of 18", and asked for diamonds to be towards the front.

BGD and WF were way out of my price range, so I requested a quote from IDJ and ERD. ERD was higher, but I was able to use my IDJ quote for negotiating ERD down. Maybe about a $200 difference at the end? ERD also included higher color and clarity melee F/G color and VS clarity. Definitely consider ERD.

Normally I would recommend ERD and IDJ equally, but I personally am not so happy with IDJ right now because it's been like pulling teeth trying to communicate with them lately.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1363973967|3411150 said:
I'm waiting on one just like Sarahbear's from BGD! Half carat total, 7 stones. I can't wait to get it next week.

Puffy heart love my DBTY! :appl:

2013-03-22_16-04-17_648.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I have a 17 incher with 7 15 pointers spaced every 1.5 inch from IDJ. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately a member here has recently had a horrible experience with IDJ making her a DBTY. So I don't feel comfortable recommending them for this project.

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Efriede, Pintobean and Sarah. The 32 inch thread was very helpful.

Ok, here is what I'm thinking.

36"
0.15 or 0.20 ct each, depending on cost
17 diamonds total, same size stones
2 inches apart
Evenly spaced

I'll think these stats over in the next couple of days before I start calling around for pricing. I'll be calling BGD,WF and ERD.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got off the phone w Yekutiel about a DBTY bracelet he will be making for me. He had a great price and will be making each individual bezel by hand, assured they will be thin but due to the diamonds I'm using, they will be "wonky" (because my stones are wonky!) and I feel very comfortable with the plan! He said if there is anything at all I'm not happy with - they will fix it.

I realize there was an unhappy situation recently, but I'm still quite pleased with my decision to use IDJ and have faith it will be wonderful!

Good luck Chicam with whoever you go with!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1363987094|3411333 said:
I just got off the phone w Yekutiel about a DBTY bracelet he will be making for me. He had a great price and will be making each individual bezel by hand, assured they will be thin but due to the diamonds I'm using, they will be "wonky" (because my stones are wonky!) and I feel very comfortable with the plan! He said if there is anything at all I'm not happy with - they will fix it.

I realize there was an unhappy situation recently, but I'm still quite pleased with my decision to use IDJ and have faith it will be wonderful!

Good luck Chicam with whoever you go with!

E-
Are you getting another DBTY to stack with your current one? Inquiring minds (meaning me :lol: ) want to know.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^^

why yes, little miss enquiring mind!!! I am! :bigsmile: I'll pick it up in NYC in 3 weeks! I'm excited! one WG, one RG! how perfect, right??

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1363996193|3411433 said:
^^^^^

why yes, little miss enquiring mind!!! I am! :bigsmile: I'll pick it up in NYC in 3 weeks! I'm excited! one WG, one RG! how perfect, right??
what? what? You're gonna be in NYC? If you'll be around on a weekend, I would love for a meet up! Mon thru Fri, I have this pesky thing called ... work... :???:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chicam|1363983472|3411292 said:
Thanks Efriede, Pintobean and Sarah. The 32 inch thread was very helpful.

Ok, here is what I'm thinking.

36"
0.15 or 0.20 ct each, depending on cost
17 diamonds total, same size stones
2 inches apart
Evenly spaced

I'll think these stats over in the next couple of days before I start calling around for pricing. I'll be calling BGD,WF and ERD.

Excellent plan! That is exactly what I would want myself!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it Sarahbear - so beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1364015879|3411631 said:
Enerchi|1363996193|3411433 said:
^^^^^

what? what? You're gonna be in NYC? If you'll be around on a weekend, I would love for a meet up! Mon thru Fri, I have this pesky thing called ... work... :???:
:wavey: PB - arrive Sunday April 14 later in the afternoon & depart Thurs April 18 for Chicago around 2ish (can't remember off hand). Have a 47th street 'stroll' planned for monday morning! Wanna come and play hooky??? :Up_to_something:

**apologies Chicam for the tangent...!** :halo:

chicam

Shiny_Rock
Oh Enerchi, that's just fine.
I'll call Yekutiel then at IDJ also. Please post yours when you have them. I'd like to see their workmanship up close. If its superb, then I'll save some money with them.
I'm glad DS2006 approves of my plan. Means a lot.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear, either you are itty bitty tiny or your stones are not 7 points each! Your photo makes the stones look way bigger than the stones in my necklace. Or maybe your bezels are thicker? When did you buy yours? I'm a pretty small person and compared to yours, my stones are definitely smaller!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results