shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY bracelet - .20 pointers or .15 pointers? Which one?

Q

Queenie60

Hi - I am considering a DBTY bracelet. Not sure if I should get the .15 pointers or the .20 pointers. If you have one, how do you feel about the size of the stones and would you have gone with smaller stones or a larger size stone - or, are you happy with the size you have? Can't decide if it's worth the extra $$ to go with the .20 pointers however I don't want to be sorry after I purchase. And since IDJ will custom make one for me with Pricescope quality diamonds, I will not be able to return it. Appreciate your thoughts and input. Thank you. :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: DBTY bracelet - .20 pointers or .15 pointers? Which one

I just posted a comparison pic in the other thread of 10 versus 20 to tie you over until I go to IDJ. Hands down if 20 pointers are within budget, go for it.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

I think it depends on personal taste. Either visit IDJ or have them forward photos. IDJ should at least have DBTY necklaces on display in the sizes you want and you should be able to judge from those. I have 11 .15 pointers on my DBTY necklace and the look is a bit too subtle for my taste. I wrapped the necklace around my wrist and the .15 pointers (see below) showed up better on the wrist than they do on my neck. Have you also considered comparing .15, .18 & .20 pointers?

_2744.jpeg

_2745.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine (formerly m2b's) made by Whiteflash has 15 pointers. I am happy with it because it goes with my 36" DBTY with 14 pointers. If I had endless money, sure, I'd go for 20 pointers in both! We both used 1.5mm platinum chain.

_36910.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the time you spent to take photos to show to me. Very nice ladies on PS! DS, do you feel that your .15 pointers are substantial enough? They look great on your wrist.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Queenie60|1459569261|4014442 said:
Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the time you spent to take photos to show to me. Very nice ladies on PS! DS, do you feel that your .15 pointers are substantial enough? They look great on your wrist.

That is m2b's lovely young wrist! I think 15 points is substantial enough, because Tiffany sells DBTY bracelets much smaller than that. However, many people wear another bracelet with a DBTY bracelet. I think it is fine to wear alone, but if I wanted a lot more bling, I'd wear a tennis bracelet instead!

Q

Queenie60

Got it! Thank you DS. Answers my questions. I want the DBTY bracelet for every day and have a few other bracelets (tennis and a nice bangle) for more bling. I appreciate your input.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Another vote for .20 pointers.

I have the smallest about .20, the biggest .30 and thick bazel, though these are old cuts, so diameter is smaller. These are not too big at all for everyday use.

img_11294.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd go to .20 if the price was feasible, but I would request VS2 stones. The larger the stones, the more possibility you could see SI inclusions from the back side, and these flip all the time, of course. Someone here had a terrible experience with a DBTY project a few years ago as she was in another country and had to return her necklace to get stones replaced and maybe bezels redone and when it got back to her, it still wasn't right. I would not ask for PS quality because that is too vague. I would ask in writing for excellent cut stones, F-G VS, personally.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you DS - great advise. I will certainly ask for vs stones. This is the reason I started this thread, to gather all good advise prior to making the decision.

Thank you Roi, for showing me the .20 bracelet - it looks great on your wrist.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

Although the .15 pointers look OK on my wrist, if I were getting a DBTY bracelet, I would go for .20 pointers if the price difference was not prohibitive.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Queenie60! :wavey:

IDJ did not have any ready made DBTY on site today for me to take comparison shots for you. :(sad I got the feeling that 18 versus 20 pointers wouldn't be a huge savings because price looks like it's judged by total carat weight. Yekutiel said to call to discuss further - he has a plan of action! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Thank you PB - appreciate your help and follow up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results